tsga show...

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Junior Knight

tsga show...

Post by Junior Knight »

WHAT...no pics of the TSGA show???
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

My sentiments exactly. BTW Junior I love your CD, my kinda player. It was a pleasure to finally get to meet you In Branson..Till we meet again.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

thank you Bill...
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Yep..ill start! But Im limited to the Mullen room til I can upload the main room pics!

ImageImage
Image[/img]
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

When you pics, could you please add the names of the players above or below the pic. Not all of us know the players by site and would love to know who they are and be able to put a face with a name. Thanks
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Mike Kowalik

pics....

Post by Mike Kowalik »

Richard I know a few names....

1.The man playing the SD-10 Justice "Judge" is 2012 TSGA Player Of The Year George Symank.He played with a band on Friday and Saturday nights that set up in the lobby.The music was so good couples were dancing in front of the elevators and front desk.

George is a really good player and has great sounding rig!!

2.In the Jackson room is Rusty Rhoades on the left and zane King on the right.They can pick!

3.On the light blue ETS S-10 is Al Brisco in the Little Walter Tube Amp room.

4.In the GFI room Mike McGee is on the Zum and Mike Sigler on the GFI.

5.Main stage on Saturday night is Jim Loessberg backing up Johnny Bush.

6.In the Telonics room is Mark Dunn on the Zum and John Stannard on Telecaster.These 2 Brits put on a great show!!

7.In the Non-Pedal room is Bill Cunningham on bass,Mark Moseley on guitar,and Carco Clave on steel.

Hope this helps!!

p.s.--The numbers before my comments do not represent the sequence the pictures are in.
Tony Tims

Post by Tony Tims »

Maurice "Reece" Anderson in the non-pedal room.

Ronnie Miller and the Pridesmen.

Teresa Anderson and her steel player Reece!

Rose Sinclair and Reece Anderson in the non-pedal room.

David Wright and Mitchell Smitty.

In the MSA room.

Dave Alexander getting ready to join the fun.

My favorite player breaking in the new Steel Seat.

The highlight for me was the set by Ronnie Miller followed by Reece Anderson on the main stage Saturday...Wow! The crowd reaction said it all.
'83 MSA Classic SS D-10 8+8, Peavey Session 400 & NV 112, BJS Bars, Pod XT, Steel Seat by Joe Naylor, Goodrich L120.
Rick Holden

Great pics

Post by Rick Holden »

This was my first show to attend. These are great pics! As a new player at age 56 those tremendous musicians make me question my reasoniing for switching from drums to pedal steel. I feel like a fish out of water now....but I ain't quitting. Thanks for posting the pics and for a great show.
Mullen RP SD-10, Mullen G2 SD-10, Peavey Nashville 112, Telonics Combo Amp, Telonics FP100 VP,
Vintage National Lapsteel, Peterson Flip Strobe,Gretsch Renown Drums
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Rick, that show makes all of us want to go home and burn our guitars, but you stick with it. Determination and want to are two of the biggest parts of learning the frustrating little booger.
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

In the first bunch of pictures, the sixth picture down. That's Wally Moyers from Lubbock, Tx. Notice his back neck. It's a dobro neck that he put on where the pad was. He's using some new Dobro technology that I don't understand. It appeared that he used a different volume pedal for the dobro also. Maybe he'll see this and tell us about it.
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Hate to date myself Danny, but Wally looks just like 'Big Wally' his Dad when I played around the Lubbock and Amarillo areas. Both splendid musicians.

phred
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Fred I was buzzing around from booth to booth and I didn't hear him play the dobro neck, but I did hear him play some E9 and he is very very smooth. He has some Nashville experience. We've got to get him to come play for the WTSGA. I worked on him a little, but he and his wife do the music at their church and that holds him up a little on Sundays and I'm not gonna try to deny him that. He wants to come, so maybe one of our Sundays he'll get away for a little while and come to Merkle.