What is the most durable brand of steel?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

B Bailey Brown

Post by B Bailey Brown »

<SMALL> Dude, would you believe it still has those same strings on it?!? HA!… and it's stays in tune for the most part </SMALL>
Ahhhhhh…Bobby, it might stay in tune even better if you would change the strings! Image Image
<SMALL> and holds up like a heavy, yellow tank! That thing does weigh a bunch though. That's darn near a two-man job! Like trying to lift a refrigerator!!</SMALL>
Exactly why younger, stronger, more energetic players like Bobby Flores have been entrusted with the care and feeding of the Old Yellow Blanton! It sounds so good I’d probably still play it…if I could lift it!! Image

B. Bailey Brown
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by B Bailey Brown on 30 April 2002 at 12:56 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby Flores

Post by Bobby Flores »

Hey B.,

I've used that old yellow Blanton on a couple more sessions since I spoke with you last and I've never had to have the mechanics messed with. I did finally change the strings on it! Went through about four 11's before one stayed on. Thanks for letting me use it. It's just until I find a way to get the one that my heart is set on. It belongs to a mutual friend of ours and I'm hoping he will allow me to purchase it from him one day. I'd rather not own another one until I get to play that one. You know how it is. Take care, Bobby<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bobby Flores on 03 May 2002 at 08:47 AM.]</p></FONT>