Glen Privitt RIP

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Sissy Privitt

Glen Privitt RIP

Post by Sissy Privitt »

This morning at 2:07am, Glen went to be with the Lord.
I am still in shock and numb feeling. Please remember me and family in your prayers. I was right by his side the whole time. He is playing in Heaven now with no more pain. Sissy Privitt
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Denise and my thought and prayers are with you Sissy

Joe Naylor
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

Our heart goes out to you in this sad time..God be with you and your family..RIP Glen..you are missed..
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Buck Grantham

Glen

Post by Buck Grantham »

Mitzi and I are very saddened to hear of your loss Sissy and are praying for you and the family. Remember that Glen was loved by all of us . He is in a much better place now. We love you. Buck & Mitzi
Music to light up your life
W. J. Copeland

Post by W. J. Copeland »

My heart is heavy. Glen was the brother I never had. Sissy, mine and Donna's prayers and love are with you. Glen will be missed by all of us.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Mine and Barbara's sincere condolences go out to Sissy and her family. Glen was such a super person and we will miss him dearly. Our prayers are with you.
We love you,
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Paul Polish

Post by Paul Polish »

Glen was a friend and great person. Our thoughts and prayers for you, Sissy and the family.

We love you and Glen will be missed by all of us.

Paul and Dee Polish
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I lost a dear friend last night and my prayers go out to Sissy and family. Glen and I started playing music together some 50 years ago. He taught me guitar and steel guitar and put up with my squeeking on the fiddle when I started learning it. He always laughed and said, I hope you don't take up banjo, don't believe I'll make it thru that. May Glen rest in peace, he will be missed by all.

Glen pictured with wife Sissy at Ronnie's Steel Jam in Oct, 2002

Last edited by Henry Matthews on 20 Feb 2012 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Dickie Whitley

Post by Dickie Whitley »

My prayers added to the above for Sissy and family.
Pete Walthall

glen

Post by Pete Walthall »

sissy you and glen are like brother and sister.i will never forget the great times we had.i/am just lost for words. pete''shirley
Robert Matthews

Post by Robert Matthews »

Sissy I'm so sorry for your loss of Glen, but rest assured he is experiencing life today like he's never had on this earth.He is with his dearest friends and more importantly our Savior. God Bless you gal!
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

So sorry to hear this. I know you will miss him greatly. Take care of yourself. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Donna
pdl20

Glenn's passing

Post by pdl20 »

Sissy,I want to extend our deepest sorrow for Glenns passing from his fellow members of the Central Arkansas Steel Guitar Assoication and his many friends ,God be with you and your family. We will miss him . Rudy.
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Herby Wallace

Glen Privitt

Post by Herby Wallace »

Sissy,

I have known Glen for many years and he was one of my favorite people in the steel guitar community. We will be praying for you and the family.

Herby and Bunny Wallace
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

sissy
add me to the list of friends that treasured yours and glenns friendship.he will be missed and knowing that you will have a void you have not known before
i wish you the best on this new journey.
heaven has a new ray of sunshine, in glenns smile, especially now that he is re-united with his many friends that have gone on before him.
thanks for the meoryies........
jack harper
&
the wilmot roadgang
where glenn is still a legend...........
Hap Young

Post by Hap Young »

Sissy, I'm so sorry to hear of Glen's passing. I will remember all the times I came down to your house and jamed with Glen and the boy's. RIP Glen
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Sissy - I'm shocked and saddened to hear of Glen's passing. He was fine man, and a good friend. Please accept my sincere condolences on your great loss. Jody
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

Hi Sissy, I'm very sorry for your loss. I met you and Glen in 2007 in Dallas> we have a very good mutual friend (Pete) and he has kept me informed of glen's condition. I rember thinking of what a really sweet couple you all were. God bless you and be with you in this trying time.
Wayne
Sissy Privitt

Post by Sissy Privitt »

Since we have family coming from out of town,the funeral will be: FRIDAY AT 11:00 AT CHAPELWOOD FUNERAL
HOME, AND VISITATION WILL BE 6:00 TO 8:00 PM, ON THURSDAY AT THE FUNERAL HOME.[/b]
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Sissy,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We offer our deepest sympathy and prayers for you, your family, and Glen's many, many friends.

Donna & Tommy
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

sissy, our sincere condolences to you and our prayers to all at this tragic time. bruce & lynn
sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI
Roual Ranes

Post by Roual Ranes »

Sissy,
Sorry for OUR loss.
Will dedicate Friday gig to Glenn.
See you soon.

Bob
Keenan Friday

Post by Keenan Friday »

I thank you Sissy for introducing me to Glen when I was first starting out on the steel. He was my first mentor and the first person I heard in real time. I know I will miss the conversations we had and the knowledge of steel he provided. He answered a lot of questions I had with the steel guitar that will only benefit me in the future. Of all the songs I got to play with him a time or two, he taught me apartment number 9 from start to finish. My prayers are with you at this time.
Keenan Friday
Mullen Pre Royal D-10, Walker Stereo Steel, Hilton pedal, George L cables, Livesteel Strings, (White) Fred Kelly thumbpick, Dunlop .025 fingerpicks
Raymond Keller

Post by Raymond Keller »

Sissy our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Glen will be missed by all. Ray and Shirley Keller
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Sissy,
So sorry to hear this, you are in my prayers....