Hummingbird Music

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kevin Oliver

Hummingbird Music

Post by Kevin Oliver »

My name is Kevin Oliver and I just acquired my first steel guitar. It's a 10 string MSA and I'm starting from scratch. I've played guitar professionally for over 40 yrs and always wanted to learn pedal steel. Anyway, I was setting it up and accidentally broke a connector off a pedal attaching a rod. Someone gave me Rick Troyer's number at Hummingbird Music in Sugarcreek, Ohio and I gave him a call.
He fixed my problem very quickly and was extremely nice. It was well worth the almost 2 hour drive and i will gladly go back. He has a number of pedal steels as well as other instruments. I heard that pedal steel players looked out for each other and I witnessed it first hand today! When in Ohio, check out Rick Troyer at Hummingbird Music in Sugarcreek. You won't be sorry!
Mark Dershaw

Post by Mark Dershaw »

I'll second that!
Dan Cope

Post by Dan Cope »

I'll third that! I've taken lessons from Rick off an on for about the last 20 years. He's an outstanding musician and a great teacher.
Jerry Queen

Re: Hummingbird Music

Post by Jerry Queen »

Rick is a great teacher and musician in all respect, I'm not a great steel player but what little I do know I owe to him, he's a nice person and someone I'm prow'd to call my friend!!!!!
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

I've spent some $$ in that store, great selection, and the drive to it is really scenic too...The gentle rolling hills of Ohio. :D
Lawyers are done: Emmons SD-10, 3 Dekleys including a D10, NV400, and lots of effects units to cover my clams...