Herb Steiner

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Carl Johnson

Herb

Post by Carl Johnson »

Herb, sorry to hear the bad news.I wish you a speedy recovery. CarlJohnson (Bluemmons)
Larry Tracy

Post by Larry Tracy »

Sorry about your accident Herb. Hope you have a speedy recovery and prove the doctors wrong.
Mike Schwartzman

Post by Mike Schwartzman »

My thoughts are with you Herb. Those orthopedic pros do some pretty amazing work these days. I know (all too well) what you're going through, and believe me...it gets better.
Emmons Push Pull, BMI, Session 400, Home of the Slimcaster Tele.
Paul Sutherland

Post by Paul Sutherland »

I'm hoping your recovery is speedy and relatively complete. At least your hands and left foot/ankle are unscathed. I suspect the Datsun 240Z is totaled; not that that matters at this point. Best wishes. Paul
Olaf van Roggen

Post by Olaf van Roggen »

Wishing you all the best from The Netherlands Herb,Neil kept me informed me when he spoke to you on the phone.
Hope you'll recover soon and hope we'll meet again.

Greetings,
Olaf
Larry Schoppe

Post by Larry Schoppe »

Hang in there, Herb!
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Herb, get well soon. You are in my prayers. I hope you can make it to Dallas on the walker. he TSGA would not be the same without you.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Arty Passes

Post by Arty Passes »

Dang Herb! I hate to hear that Brother, but I know you'll bounce back from this. And I was getting ready to see if you still wanted that car cover!
Let me know if you could use a delivery of chicken soup...
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Again, thanks for all the calls and emails from my dear friends and brothers, and especially my brethren in the Craft. The outpouring of love has left me totally humbled.

In answer to all who've inquired about the TSGA Jamboree, I unfortunately will not be attending, my first one to miss in over 20 years. I simply don't want to risk it, it would just be too hazard-prone for me.

But I will be thinking of all of y'all. This I guarantee.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

I'm very sorry to hear this my friend but also very relieved to hear that you were not even more seriously injured.. I wish you a very speedy recovery and on the brighter side, you can concentrate more on your "non pedal" steel playing :):)
Truly glad you're ok pal.
Hook
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I hope you have a speedy recovery, Herb!
Lyle Bradford

Post by Lyle Bradford »

Prayers are for a speedy recovery!
Dennis Atkins

Post by Dennis Atkins »

Hi Herb, so sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery and everything heals up real well. Am hoping to be in Dallas, and will look forward to seeing you again. Get well quick, and keep steeling, pedal or not.

Dennis
Randy Gilliam

Prayers Sent!

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Herb, Prayers sent for you and your Wife Who will have to take care of you! God Bless , Randy G. :D
John Russell

Post by John Russell »

Herb: Thank God it wasn't any worse.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was 20 years old. My face got whacked pretty bad and I was in the hospital for about a week. I came to understand the wonders of demerol.

You got lots of friends wishing you well. Hope to see you in Dallas if not sooner.

John

PS: When I asked if my nose was broke, the doc touched it and said "nothing could hurt this nose."
Tom Palmer

Post by Tom Palmer »

Sorry to hear of your accident. May you have a speedy recovery. I will miss seeing you at Dallas. I always enjoy my visits with you. - Tom
Dave Beaty

We 'just' saw the thread Herb, wishing you well.

Post by Dave Beaty »

Herb, we hope you bounce back quickly. Welcome to the club of players with injured right feet. My right foot is held together with stainless steel screws.
We would like to offer something. We have been doing some really interesting things with the code and mechanical arrangement in volume pedals like yours for players with such challenges. When you are ready to give playing a try again, we can now set the angular stop and start points to any restricted range on your pedal and automatically calibrate all the tapers to that range. We are currently just finishing up just such a pedal for Justin Griffith, he is unable to move his heel downward so we have set a high stop in the back, moved the front stops down, moving the range of motion over onto the front of the pedal and shortening it slightly to accommodate his acceptable range of ankle motion. When the time comes, please give us a holler and we'll send you down a special pedal to work with. As you get better, we can modify it to suit your capability - no charge for the pedal, free shipping, you can't lose - such a deal! Heck we are making another system for a fellow that is so limited, he will be controlling his volume by sliding the seat on his packaseat and forth on rails. This sort of design work is very interesting and rewarding for everyone concerned and we are happy to do it. Just say the word and we'll go to work on your "therapeutic pedal".
Get well soon, do what the doctor says and don't scratch your itches by shoving a coat hanger down your boot (causes nasty infections.... I hear....)
All the very best,
Dave, Stacy and Sophie Beaty
Scott Schurhammer

Post by Scott Schurhammer »

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Herb.
Glenn Suchan

Post by Glenn Suchan »

Herb, I haven't been on the Forum very much in recent weeks...I'm so sorry to find out about your accident.

With all the friends you have, I know you've received plenty of offers to help with your needs. With that said, let me know what I can do for you. In the meantime, may our Lord comfort you and provide you with a speedy recovery.

Take care my friend and peace be with you.

Glenn
Steelin' for Jesus
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Thanks for wearing your seat belt Herb. Let the healing begin. Car accidents can be so freakin' traumatic. Take your time and convalesce gently.
We be thinkin' of ya in your recovery.
Lawyers are done: Emmons SD-10, 3 Dekleys including a D10, NV400, and lots of effects units to cover my clams...
Marty Muse

Post by Marty Muse »

Just heard about this Herb. Bummer! So sorry to hear. If there is anything I can do to help you out please don't hesitate to ask. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Bob Taillefer

Post by Bob Taillefer »

Dear Herb,

Debra and I wish you a speedy recovery!

All the best my friend.

Bob and Debra
Don Ricketson

Post by Don Ricketson »

Hey Bro, sorry to hear that. Hurry and get well.
Marty Muse

Post by Marty Muse »

Just to clarify Herb, I meant a speedy recovery not a Speedy recovery which would of course include bar crashing and volume swelling. Bad joke. I'm sending it anyway. Hope to see you soon. Take care.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Dang Herb, I just seen this--I hope for your speedy recovery, my friend. You will beat this, Brother Herb!! If there is anything I can do to help in any way, just holler. I'm just up I-35 a little ways. :)
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"~old cowboy proverb.
shobud@windstream.net