Siloam Springs Steel Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jeremiah Hanley

Siloam Springs Steel Show

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

Is it too early to start talking about the Siloam Springs show?? There was some talk that we might not get the same place that we've had for the last 3 years. That place was a great place to have the show. We love coming to Siloam Springs! The venue, the people, the music, everything is always tip-top! Can someone refresh my memory on who the officers are now?
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Jerry, Larry Garrett in now the president. I'm don't know any more than that.
Jerry
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Hi Jerry & Venda--- Larry Garrett's email is ldgarrett@cox.net Also you may contact Norma Jean Lucas who plays with the "Country Your Way" band the 3rd and 4th tuesdays of each month with me. njplqs@cox-internet.com (No promises that they came out as a "click on") but you can figure them out if not. I talked to Norma briefly about the show this tuesday night--it's going to be uptown in a building where it used to be before the campgrounds. She said they were counting on you being there. Thanks so much for the hard work you two put into the Christmas party--it was wonderful-- I sent Hank a bunch of pictures. Bill Myrick
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Hey J.R.---are we still looking for an LDG to refinish ? I may have a lead on one in Dallas--I'll check with you first if it turns out --ok ?
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Bill, yes, we are still looking for one. No go at my source.
Jerry
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Boys its my hope that I get put on the invite list again in 2007.
I've grown to love that show and its people as well. Merry Christmas to all. Image

------------------
Fred Justice,
Justice Custom Cases & Cabinets,
Fred's Music, www.fredjusticemusic.com

Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

Guys, we will be posting more about the show after the holidays! We have confirmed Buck Grantham to be there. Fred you know you will be invited! Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Boy !! I'm sure lookin forward to hearin "Take The A Train" from someone !! Image
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

How about you, Bill? You have until April.
See ya Tuesday
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Oh Lord, here we go again with the A Train thing again. Image Image Image hee hee

------------------
Fred Justice,

Jeremiah Hanley

Thanks, Bill, for the 'info' and also the kind words. And Fred, we agree, we love the Siloam Springs show! Looking forward to it!
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

Fred, if you're going to take the train, you'll have to leave early. Please be safe.
Lee
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I rode a train once.
Jerry
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

What amusement park was that at Jerry? Image

------------------
Ray Qualls
President(KSGA) www.rayqualls.com

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by ray qualls on 21 December 2006 at 07:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Alright you bunch of clowns, lets get back on track here, were talking about the Siloam Springs Show. Trains/brains, Bill Myrick, see what you went and done(hee hee)
Now ya all put them crayons away and get back in that sand box!!!

------------------
Fred Justice,

Jeremiah Hanley

I rode a horse one time at an amusement park but I fell off. But I got up and got back on and Venda put a quarter in the slot so I could ride again!
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Yeah Jerry, I've heard about those quarter horses! They'll throw you off every time. Image
Best to stay with the mustangs. I've heard that you can "FORD" a river with them. Image

------------------
Ray Qualls

Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

i hope i can make it the show.
Tim McCutchen

Post by Tim McCutchen »

Fred, trains only run east through Arkansas. Whenever you come you'll have to hitch hike back to Arizona. Merry Christmas to all of you and I look forward to seeing all of you at the Siloam show.
Wayne Smith

Post by Wayne Smith »

You guys are just having to much fun. I also always enjoy going to Siloam Springs.
It is such a great place with super friendly folks. If you have room, put me down on your list. A very Merry Christmas to all of you and God Bless.
Wayne
Michael Breid

Post by Michael Breid »

Wonder why they can't have the Siloam Springs steel show at the Baptist campgrounds as before? Such a beautiful building with loads of room. Probably it's booked on the same date as the show. Whereever it is I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends there. Especially that onery scutter Buck Grantham. Love his road stories. Someone needs to collect road stories and put them in a book. Howard White's book about life on the road is a fine read. See you all in the spring.

Michael in the Ozarks
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I like the Baptist Convention Building but I also really have enjoyed playing in the old building in Siloam Springs. It is a very unique building sorta reminds me of a scaled down Ryman Auditorium with excellent accoustics and a full house to play for so in my opinion the location is not going to distract a bit from this great show of music and just getting with friends. It's stil gonna be great.
Jerry
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Don't forget that they have the Dogwood Festival that weekend also and its only a couple of blocks away from the Sager Creek Arts building where the convention will be. All kinds of knick knacks for the ladies and guys to see and buy. I for one, am glad that they are having it back down there as its where it originated from. Just my personal opinion. Hope I'm still invited too!

------------------
Ray Qualls

James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Oh Yes!! This is a real fun event! I'm looking forward to the next show, too! Hope I ain't already booked the weekend ya'll choose!
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Siloam is always a good show. Jerry and Austin are looking forward to it also. I know it's in April, but do we know what the dates are yet?

Donna