Seeking Your Help

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Curt o answer your questions.
I am looking for some work, I am also trying to collect aluminum, scrap iron and everything else. Short of selling the clothes off my back I have nothing of value.
I am still taking orders for seats, cases, leg bags, covers etc.
I have looked on the forum and have gone as far back as the last year for steels that have either not sold or were closed due to no response.I have sent email to several as to which I have had no answer.
I also see people who say they have a 'room full' but yet no one has said 'I have something'
I have also started contacting stores and builders suc as Bobbe Seymore,Fred Justice,Doug Ernest, Guitar Center,among others.Very few if any have even bothered to answer an email .
David, I can appreciate the brotherhood of this forum. I have seen many folks get a hand when they were down.

But when I read of this "timeline for doing this is becoming the issue", it strikes me a little odd.
It is as if you expect someone to give you a steel before the first week of February..........

I don't mean to sound mean, but your last couple of posts came off as a little presumptuous.

It would almost seem as if you are intentionally trying to put some folks on a guilt trip. Sort of like, "I need a steel before February or else I lose it all, and it is up to this forum to provide it".

I know you did not mean to come off this way, but it just sounds that way.

Anyway, I'd work on getting a few evening shifts together. That way you would have some cash flow coming in.

Remember: Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Flip a burger in the mean time.
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

Todd and Curt
In no way I am trying to lay a guilt trip on any one.Yes I very much appreciate the help recieved from the brotherhood as you say. I have had many emails asking if I have contacted this one and that one - hence why I made mention of it in the post. In NO WAY WAS IT MEANT TO BE DEROGATORY . I humbly apologize if it seemed that way as it was not mean to be intentional.
Doug did send me a pm saying he would send a paypal and I sent him a 'THANK YOU ' reply.
Also some one made mention I was looking at these people to 'hook me up' . This is not the case- I have asked these people if they had a trade in or , parts or knew of anyone that may be a source of help that I dont have.I hae been in my shop long enough to know that I have resources that you may not have and vice - versa.
As you kow by reading the post I now have a sidekck that if I could find parts or even a project guitar in which I can use salvagable parts from this it would put me in business.
Now to answer the job remark -- I went to put in an application the other dat at a place and would have ben hired had it not been for the fact I can not work a 'reliable'schedule at this point and time. I am taking my wife back and forth to the doctor, charity organizations etc to try and get helpp with medical expenses and for help in paying her medicines.One bottle of pills for 2 weeks is costing me $62. and change. not to mention gas and wear and tear on a vehicle that is doing the best it can do to hold up.
I have to say this as well , I have recieved email and notices from those who say 'Hang in there , we're praying for you'I am a very strong believer in prayer and to me that is just as big a gift as you can give.
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
Joel Seppala

MSA Sidekick Pro-Am

Post by Joel Seppala »

This side kick is a Pro-Am with a "Pro all pull changer" and a very simple under carriage. And "Tone to the bone" It came to me with 1 knee lever so I added 2, made in my garage with some aluminum, steel rods and basic tools, they are rough but did work. After reading David's post and talking with him,I sent the sidekick to David. He was to make me a seat and a cover for my sd10. I really do not know his mechanical capabilities but with a little time to check it out and some tuning and tweaking you could have played that guitar on a gig in one hour after recieving it. In thirty minutes it could be back to 1 knee lowering the E's as it was from the factory. (Why do we all think we have to have 5 knees to play anyway?) The only reason I sent it was to help him out, but as I said in my email to him please do not feel obligated to make a seat and cover and I will Gladly pay the shipping to get it back so all he would be out is a little time. Still Praying for a full recovery for Tina! Joel
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

Joel, sounds to me you were very generous.
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

David, whats the latest bro....?..We are still looking for a guitar here in TX for you...So far we've come up empty....I will offer to repair or overhaul any workable guitar at my expense...shipping included...if someone will give me something to work with, on your behalf...Keep me posted please...Mick
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
David Beckner

Re: MSA Sidekick Pro-Am

Post by David Beckner »

Joel Seppala wrote:This side kick is a Pro-Am with a "Pro all pull changer" and a very simple under carriage. And "Tone to the bone" It came to me with 1 knee lever so I added 2, made in my garage with some aluminum, steel rods and basic tools, they are rough but did work. After reading David's post and talking with him,I sent the sidekick to David. He was to make me a seat and a cover for my sd10. I really do not know his mechanical capabilities but with a little time to check it out and some tuning and tweaking you could have played that guitar on a gig in one hour after recieving it. In thirty minutes it could be back to 1 knee lowering the E's as it was from the factory. (Why do we all think we have to have 5 knees to play anyway?) The only reason I sent it was to help him out, but as I said in my email to him please do not feel obligated to make a seat and cover and I will Gladly pay the shipping to get it back so all he would be out is a little time. Still Praying for a full recovery for Tina! Joel
Joel,
I sent you an email as to the condition of the guitar when it arrived, a peice of nylon or some type of plastic was hung up in the changer and it was bound up.I managed to get this out and frre up the changer , the e lower was a home made lever that had also gotten tangled up in the rods in the undercarriage.I talked to a trusted friend of mine who is a well known steel builder.His assesment was that it would be easier to find parts such as endplates ,legs and misc. undercarriage parts and salvage the guitar of usable parts and basically rebuild it..I can build the cabinet here in my shop and do most of the work myself provided I can find the parts.I dont need 5 or more levers as you put it.The deal was that I would make a seat and cover for you in exchange and I hold true to my word, in fact the seat is made- just waiting on the cover material to arrive.

Mickey.......please pm your contact number
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

David,
Just go get a job and all will be well.

There. I said it.
Ray Anderson

Seeking help

Post by Ray Anderson »

Wow! Went all the way around the world to get to the back yard. :roll: :lol:
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

[comments deleted by moderator]
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Jerry Roller

Another $30.00

Post by Jerry Roller »

David, thankfully there are great people here in the steel guitar community who want to help you. I mailed $100.00 you today compliments of Frank Carter and I received another $30.00 deposit into my PayPal account for you. The donor asked that I keep it anonomous. I will mail this $30.00 tomorrow.
Jerry
David Beckner

Thanks

Post by David Beckner »

Thanks Jerry for all you have done, I hope God will truly bless you and others who are helping this cause.

[additional comments deleted by moderator]
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Christian Petersen

Post by Christian Petersen »

David, In your post of Jan. 2, 2012, you mentioned that...."A friend here has given me an old squire tele that I am desperately trying to make playable." Did you get this fixed? If not, what is specifically wrong with it, meaning what part(s) does it need? You are in my thoughts and prayers for your success and your wife's recovery!
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Ray Anderson

Help

Post by Ray Anderson »

Come on guys let it go, this is not who we are. We are Christians not politicians. Please let it go. May God Bless and Judge accordingly. :( :( :(
b0b

Post by b0b »

I don't see a steel guitar for sale in the topic so I'm closing it.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video