Alabama Steel Guitar Association

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

TTT
------------------
"The Kid"
8&7 Fessenden, Nashville 112, Session 500, BJS, Goodrich LDR
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Bump for the "Alabama Gang."
------------------
"The Kid"
8&7 Fessenden, Nashville 112, Session 500, BJS, Goodrich LDR
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Ricky Cottle is working on this Jam. It will be a good one for the instate and close by state folks. Ya'll Come!!
Kenny Brown

Post by Kenny Brown »

Lookin forward to it! Won't be long now!

Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

This will be a great steel show! We sure enjoyed are time at the big show in AL back on Feb. 26th.

We would like to invite all of you that can to come to our show here at Marshfield, MO on July 1st.

We have a bunch of great steel players lined up including your state's youngun' "The Kid."

Tyler Hall (Birmingham, AL)
Terry Bethel (Mel Tillis Show)
Bob Hempker (Loretta Lynn Show)
Keith Hilton (Hilton Electronics & Branson, MO Shows)
Jack Musgrave (Truman Lake Opry)
Mike McGhee (Stan Hitcock Show)
Jerry and Venda Hanley (Gospel Enagelisits)
Jimmy Burrell (Northwest USA Steel Guitar Hall of Fame)
Fred Layman (International Steel Convention Board)
Scott Henderson (Lake Ozarks Shows)
Bobby Chatfield (Lefty Frizzell & Hank Thompson, Las Vegas Shows)
Tony Smith (Fiddler for Ray Price and Lake Ozark Shows)
Terry Wood (Grapevine Opry TX and MO and Shoji Tabuchi Shows)
and several other singers and players.

Hope all of you can come!

GOD bless
Terry J. Wood

Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

This should be a good Jam and time. Ricky Cottle has some good talent lined up for this Jam. All are welcome.
Ricky Cottle

Post by Ricky Cottle »

Hey Gang! Looking forward to a great jam on the 13th. Planning to have five or six pickers at a time to play twenty to thirty minutes depending on how many show up. We will have some of the local folks and others playing backup. We also have multi-talented steel pickers that have agreed to help with backup. Bring your steels and amps or whatever and let's have some fun. We are also talking about getting folks who may be interested in forming the backup band for the ASGA. Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday the 13th.
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Ricky. Are you going to let "THE KID" pick some?? I hear he has been to the woodshed and has some new magic!!!! Even heard he was bringing a 6 string!! WOW!! Its getting close!! It will be a goodun!!!
Kenny Brown

Post by Kenny Brown »

Hope yall have a good time this weekend in Prattville. I hate it but I'm gonna hafta miss this one!!

Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Kenny, Sorry you can't make this one. Hopefuly you can make the next one. Thanks for all you do in supporting the ASGA.
Bill
Tom Stolaski

Post by Tom Stolaski »

I think that blue steel guitars sound a lot better than puke green steel guitars........
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

Tom...I agree with you about that pucky green steel that "the Kid" was pickin yesterday at the show. I think he must of got that wild green steel from his sister or his great aunt!! Still love the Kid even tho he picks funny looking steels! HA
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Tom and Bill may be Zumbody's, but they don't know anything about STYLE... Image

"Puke Green" is the new black, and even sounds better. When I play this steel, I make a statement before I ever hit a note. Image
------------------
"The Kid"
8&7 Fessenden, Session 500, Session 400, BJS, Goodrich LDR
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

"KID". You sounded much better picking that Great "FUZZY" Guitar. Tone to the Bone. You let it slip away from you. You now will go the rest of your life thinking about that "FUZZY GUITAR" and the lost opportunity. Oh well, You still have the pukey Lucky Carter.
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

Tyler...I have to admit, even with that rather 'unigue color' steel, you just amaze me with your 'unique' playing. I do believe you sounded the best playing Bill "Fuzzy" Cook's "unique" 1901 Fuzzy Steel Guitar...come to think about the jam, the whole thing was 'unigue'. HA HA

Your new CD could be called, "From a Fessy to A Fuzzy!" by Frenzy the Kid! HA
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Bill, I've always been "unique"!!! Image

Anyhow, I had a great time at the jam, and I think everyone else did too. It was good to see everyone again. Hope we get to do it again before too long.
------------------
"The Kid"
Ernest Cawby

Post by Ernest Cawby »

We misse this one, sure would liked to have been there a made lots of pictures, The web site was real busy after posting the last show in Montgomery,over 1000 hits to see the pictures. Not many people posted about the show, let us hear more news Bill.

ernie
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

The Jam had some good pickers. A big rain come up all over the South, so the crowd wasn't as good as we expected. Every one seemed to have a good time. Bill
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Here's a little bump for the Bama Boys...
------------------
"The Kid"
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

The "GANG" will be out this weekend for The Hank Williams Celebration in Georgiana. Ray Price, Jet Williams, John Conlee Brad Magness and others. Don Lynch will be the House Band Steeler. Should be a good weekend.
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

The "GANG" had is huge Banner with a sign attached that said "Welcome Steel Players", then it listed Dennis Pardoe,Don Lynch, Smiley Roberts and Mike Cass. The guys seemed to like their welcome. Doing good things to welcome fellow Steel Players into the State.
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Thanx to Bill Cook & the "Bama Gang" for the fine welcome banner. Certainly was appreciated. Whatta GREAT show! Never did it before but,certainly hope to do it again. Couldn't believe how many people were there,& what a GIANT event this was. Lookin' fwd. to next year. Once again,thanx Bill,& gang.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.</pre></font>

Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

SMILES,
It was good to see you, Dennis Pardoe and Mike Cass wave the flag for all steel players. Don Lynch backed up several Artist at the show also. You sounded super good at the show. The sound man had you coming in loud and clear. I heard many compliments on your playing. Next time come and stay awhile.
Bill
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

The "GANG" is getting ready to show our appreciation to the GaSGA and will be in Hollonville on Sunday. The Georgia folks treat you mighty nice!! If you haven't been to one of there shows you owe it to yourself to attend. Our principal advisors come from the GaSGA and we love them. Come out on Sunday!!
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

We have picked up several new members the last week or two. When they are confirmed we will list them. Welcome aboard guys. The "GANG" is growing!!!!!