Gulfport Steel Show-Hank Corwin

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Here is a picture of one of our steel guitar worlds greatest masters-HANK CORWIN. The major effort he made to perform for us was really appreciated. Thanks Hank Corwin.
Bill Stafford
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

It was wonderful to see and hear Hank in Gulfport.
He is still tops in my book.

Bill
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Sorry to have missed this. Any chance there was a recording made?

Happy New Year, Bill!

Jimbeaux
pdl20

Hank

Post by pdl20 »

it was a real treat to see an ole friend after so many years,what a great musician and gentleman he is. God's Blessings Hank. rudy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Bill F, Jim C and Rudy Osborne- sure good to hear from you all. Happy New Year. Our times in Gulfport are made possible from all the support of our mutual friends and musicians. When my friends here and I built and donated that bandstand to the VFW, we had hope that it would be enjoyed by a lot of players and their fans. Never had the slightest idea it would turn out like it did this past November. Thanks is never enough appreciation for all we enjoy here in Mississippi.
Jim C, I hired a professional videogropher to video this complete show. I am in the process of editing the 12 dvds and will have a final production in the next few weeks. Hank played a duet steel set with the great Ronnie Miley-one of his proteges from Nashville. (Ronnie is currently very busy in the Nashville scene and studios now also-and I extend much thanks to him for assisting Hank in being on our show).
Rudy Osborne, it was another of our great moments with you here on stage with us. Your playing epitomizes what most of us yearn for. Thanks for giving me the big honor of playing a set with you and the superb Bobby Bowman-Hog Heaven for me that day!
Bill Ferguson, your support and assistance all during our weekend was the best. Nothing like this could ever be accomplished with out all our mutual friends, musicians and fans. I was not able to get out the door after our final program that weekend without being bombarded with "...when is the next show?" Thanks again guys. Here is another picture of Ronnie Miley and Hank Corwin.
pdl20

Gulfport show

Post by pdl20 »

Bill,now my head won't fit my hat's anymore,lol. You my friend and Bobby were fun to work with.look forward to seeing the DVD's Will ship you out some moolaw to help cover the cost.My wife and i enjoyed seeing ole friends and making some new ones.that area is neat also.we might make a weekend trip down in my Vette to cruise the beach area and check out some wonderful food again. thanks again to everyone there. Rudy 8)
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Rudy, your welocme mat here has no expiration date and our "5 Star Barnyard Apartment" awaits. The automatic gate opener will fit on the shade over your windshield and guided tours available too. Come on down, just bring your steel and give me lessons between tours...
Our last show was the best ever, thanks to all you pros that we all admire and respect so very much.
No moola is involved in the dvds. Soon as I get them all editied, yours will be on the way. Thanks again.
Bill Stafford
pdl20

5 Star barn Apt.

Post by pdl20 »

will take you up on that later in the spring. have a great 2012 Rudy
pdl20

5 Star barn Apt.

Post by pdl20 »

will take you up on that later in the spring. have a great 2012 Rudy
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Bill,,If you have enough of the D V D's of "The Nov. Steel Show",,I would like to have some of them,, my email add. Is crnbredrd539@aol.com I missed the show,,heard Yall had a Jam-Up good Show..
Tom Harris..
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Rudy, see you in the spring hopefully. Really enjoyed you being with us and giving all my friends here the opportunity to meet and hear you play.
Tom, have you on the list for the finished DVD. Still editing the raw footage. The video really came out good.
Bill Stafford
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Aweee,,thanks Bill,,looking fwd. to seeing them..
Hope you and Family have a HAPPY NEW YEAR....
Tom.....
Lavon Chappell

Post by Lavon Chappell »

When will this years show be?
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

... and is the DVD available yet?
Bill Stafford

Show DVDs

Post by Bill Stafford »

Sorry for this terrible delay, but I have been fully occupied with the health situation of my wife. Finally beginning to be stabilized and I have just finished the complete editing of all 16 DVDs and they are on the way to the Master DVD production stage. Will let you know within this next week..Thanks for patience.
Bill Stafford
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

No worries, Bill. We're just glad that Betty's getting better. That's most important, of course. Please send her my best regards.
Jim
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Thanks for the Info Mr. Smooth,,and Wishing for Miz Betty a speedy recovery..
Tom...