ED Clark

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Bill Stafford

ED Clark

Post by Bill Stafford »

My dear friend , ED Clark, has just passed away this evening. Will provide the funeral details as they are made.
Bill Stafford
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Another of the good guys gone. This is a very sad moment. May GOD bless,comfort. and keep the family always. Jody.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

So sorry to hear of Ed's passing. He's now in the house of Our Precious Lord. What a wonderful friend and person. Barbara and I will keep his wonderful wife, Pearl, in our prayers as well as his family.
Ed will surely be missed,
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Buck Grantham

Mr Ed

Post by Buck Grantham »

Mr Ed was a good man and will be sorely missed. Our condolances go out to the family. Love, Buck & MItzi Grantham.
Music to light up your life
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

This Is very sad news,,my condolences to the family,,will always remember Ed and the "Dawg House Bass",,,R I P Ed......
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Bill....so saddened by this news...Ed was truly a gentleman's gentleman....and will surely be missed by so many, but especially his lovely wife, Ms Pearl. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Napier

Mr. Ed Clark

Post by Bill Napier »

Bill,
Just got on the Forum. This is indeed sad news. The Deep South shows just won't be the same without Mr. Ed on the dog-house bass or his special vocalizations. What a gentleman. Our prayers are with his family for comfort and healing.
"Bob" and Judy
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

so sorry to hear this, we prayed he would pull through...........prayers to ms. pearl. may the Lord comfort her at this trying time. bruce & lynn

sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI
Bill Stafford

ED Clark

Post by Bill Stafford »

I really thank all our mutual friends in this trying time for Ed Clark's family. When I have the funeral arrangements, I will let you all know. Then I will run off a copy of all your wonderful comments and take to Pearl. She can not read anymore, but her sons and daughter and grand kids will be able to share all your thoughts with her. God bless all of you for caring for my friend so very much.
Bill Stafford
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Our sincere condolences to Pearl and all the family...Ed was one of the good guys, and heaven is now a much richer place and we will miss his smiling face and warm personality......RIP old friend.

Billy & Meriul Easton
Las Vegas, NV
Billy & Meriul Easton
Nashville, TN
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Bill, so sorry for the loss of your dear friend, Ed.
As I have previously stated, he was a "One of a Kind", musically and personally.
I always enjoyed visiting with Ed and listening to him sing.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Bill Stafford

ED Clark

Post by Bill Stafford »

Wake will be held tomorron evening from 5-9 at Jones Funeral Home, Beaumont, Ms. Funeral Wednesday morning at 10 AM. This is a sad loss for all of us that knew my friend, Ed Clark. RIP my friend.
Bill STafford
Doc Rickles

Ed Clark

Post by Doc Rickles »

I am so sorry, a tremendous loss to all the Deep South gatherers. Our prayers go out to all the family and loved ones.
A true Southern Gentlemen has gone to Glory

Doc and Ginny Rickles
GFI Red and Black SD 10 3/4 Keyless, Fender Jazzmaster Head, Special Jensen 12" Speaker Cab, New Hilton Pedal, Epiphone ES 295,60th Aniv 52 Custom Shop Tele,Tacoma Chief CKK9C Koa Wood
Wonderful Wife who loves all this stuff.
"Steel Away and Pray Everyday."
Bill Stafford

ED Clark

Post by Bill Stafford »

I want to thank all of you for your care and concern for Ed and Pearl Clark. I have just returned home from the wake in Beaumont. Pearl is holding up very well with her family around her and lots of friends.
I will go to the funeral tomorrow morning and so proud to be one of his honarary pallbeares. Thanks again to all Ed's friends here on the forum.
Bill Stafford
J PARKER

Ed

Post by J PARKER »

So sorry to hear the news. I will keep the family in my prayers.
Roy Ayres

Post by Roy Ayres »

Bill, Roy & I are so sorry to hear about Ed. We have prayed for his family and you & Betty to, for comfort. I can still see and hear him at the show there when we were able to come. He was such a gentle man and loved his wife so much. May God comfort you all. Love, Laurie
Pioneers of Western Swing HOF, Seattle 2005
Western Swing Music HOF, Sacramento 2006
International Steel Guitar HOF, St.Louis 2007
Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.
Bill Stafford

ED Clark

Post by Bill Stafford »

Roy and Jim, sure do appreciate all your care and concern for Ed, Pearl and their family. He will be missed. Thanks for your prayers and all.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

Heart Breaker

Post by Ben ODell »

So sorry I didn't read this sooner Bill. It is a real "HEART BREAKER" to me. Mr Ed was a true friend and a very fine musician.

Ben