Seeking Your Help

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
David Beckner

Seeking Your Help

Post by David Beckner »

As I write this to you I find myself stepping out on a limb into the great unknown.
My name is David Beckner from Dawson Springs Ky.I am 42 , a musician who plays guitar, pedal steel and dobro..I was playing 3 nights a week at a local diner/ theater until this summer when in an effort to save my failing business and keep from losing everything we owned I was forced into selling all of my musical equipment and had to quit the music I so dearly loved.
My wife and I live in a 1970's mobile home we repaired and set on her parent's property. We own a 1981 pickup that we hope gets us from point A to point B evrTo
ytime we get in it..I own a small business that I operate out of the extra room we have in a garage.It is an upholstery business that I make covers for amps and other musical needs, along with an occasional car seat or boat seat repair.It brings in around $350.00 which barely keeps the utility bills paid..My wife has been employed as cleaning houses, crafting etc. which has been able to bring in a little extra to provide.

To get to the point of this letter...On December 5, I awoke to find my wife in a semi-concious state, unable to speak and paralyzed 80% on her right side..She was rushed to the local hospital where after a few days stay her blood pressure was stabilized with the help of medications.After a battary of tests , the Dr. says she didnt have a stroke but rather has an unknown nurologic disorder that needs far more better treatment and care than what can be provided at the local clinic or hospital..They say she has a long rode ahead of her with reab in spach and physical therapy..
They are also referring her to Vanderbilt in Nashville Tn to meet with a nurologic team there to determine a cause.As of now the initial diagnosis is M.S ...possibly in advanced stages.
We have no insurance and have reached out to various organizations for some help in financial aid , but, we have been turned down..We have tried to get some type of disability for her but because the Dr."s are still uncertain about a 100% diagnosis they are are refusing this as well.
The diner/theater where I was playing are planning a benefit and silent auction on her behalf to help in some small way of offsetting these costs.
They have been gracious enough to ask me to come back as a member of the house band in an effort to make extra money , but due to the fact that I no longer have any equipment I have yetr to be able to return to the job..
As I stated we are basically penniless and with all the therapies and such and the lack of a vehicle, it forces me to spend what little I can muster to provide a rental car and such to transport her to and fro.
It leaves me in a state of helplessness not knowing where or how to turn for help. If I had the money it would be easy to go out and purchase musical equipment , go back playing and making the money we so despereately need at this moment and time.
I humbly ask if you can find it in your heart to donate any equipment to help it would most greatly be appreciated. I am not asking for 'top of the line stuff' just something that would be useful in helping provide income to some one who is reachig out for you help..
Sincerely and God Bless
David and Tina Beckner
1277 Olney Road
Dawson Springs Ky
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

...TTT.....
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

TTT
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

needing to find something quickly....
Beaters,student, dust collectors , project etc......
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Folks-
As some of us have done (and mentioned in David's other post, in the "Extended Family" section), if you don't have equipment to send, why not just send him some cash and let him put together what he needs locally?

There are a lot of us here, and a contribution of any size can help get him back on stage.....and make you feel good about how you ended your year. I know I feel great about the check I sent him...
Loren Bayles

help needed

Post by Loren Bayles »

Great idea Steve,

I had thoughts in the same area but instead posted an offer to trade a nice Peavey PA for a steel & accessaries for David if someone that had a decent steel to offer Dave and could come pick up the PA in central Iowa.
My post reply is in the amps,acc,effects section if anyone is interested and has a serviceable steel to offer for Dave.
If no one has anything to offer I will join those of you who are donating cash.
Lots of prayers for David and family and his wife's full recovery and soon, would be a nice thing to do as well.

Many of us know what it is like to either lose somneone or have a loved one in ill health and the stress of obligations piling up.
Just a few dollars from a lot of us can make a world of difference to Dave and Family.
God Bless.

Loren
Loren Bayles

help needed

Post by Loren Bayles »

Just an after thought.

Lets help make David's Family's New Year......
a truly "HAPPY NEW YEAR"
As Steve said,..............."It will make you feel good"

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FORUMITES.

LB
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Thanks Loren, my $20.00 went out in the mail yesterday. If a number of others will do the same we can make it happen.
Jerry
Loren Bayles

help needed

Post by Loren Bayles »

Good for you Jerry,

I will be sending the Family a $20.00 Check as well today.
My offer of a trade of the PA for a steel for Dave will remain open as well unless and until he may get one elsewhere.
Will have to check his post for the address.

Regards to all.

LB
David Beckner

update...

Post by David Beckner »

Time is of the utmost importance.The sooner I get back to working the easier the burden of expenses become.If anyone has ANYTHING usable(starter,student ,work horse etc)PLEASE let Loren or myself know.I notice alot of post closed due to lack of interest..Although I do not have much in the way of funds as of yet I will send this to Loren or whomever to help with any shipping cost.
I have also sent emails to numerous manufacturers and stores including Doug at stage one, Bobbe Seymore and others, but have yet to hear from anyone..
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

David and Tina, my $20.00 donation is on the way.
Jack Ritter
Zum D10 8x5,rev pre-amp, TC M300, Split 12, n-112, IZZY, Hilton vp, Geo L, BJS Hughey, Live Steel
Jim Parker

Best wishes for the new year

Post by Jim Parker »

David, that's a hard story. My check is on it's way, and I hope that you and Tina are able to surmount this terrible situation. Best of luck to you both, and my prayers go out to you for the best possible outcome. I hope that others in the forum will see this and send a little bit to help out. So sorry that hard times have come your way.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

David, are you needing a guitar, and a steel...amp...etc?
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

I was able to.keep my nv 400 out of all the stuff I had..A friend here has given me an old squire tele that I trying desperately to make playable. I also have been donated a tuner and dd3 pedal . I had someone email me about a guitar but have yet to hear anything. I am needing a steel, volume pedal, bar,etc
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

Do you have a paypal account David?
David Beckner

paypal?

Post by David Beckner »

sorry guys I dont have paypal..
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Bob Vantine

Post by Bob Vantine »

DAVID .....
I have an old MORLEY Volume pedal and a bar (believe my extra is 7/8) that you are welcome to if that will help . Let me know .

Bob V

don't know why the emoticon is there or how .... can't get rid of & doesn't show on my pre-view screen .....strange computer ! ..... bar size should read 7/8th .... let's try this again

Dave...As per your PM .... will ship a bar & pedal out in next couple of days .... I have 3 or 4 Morleys that I'll test & send out the best one .... best wishes !
Last edited by Bob Vantine on 2 Jan 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EQUIPMENT:
"TEAK" ZUM STAGE-ONE Steel / C6th Lapsteel
Peavey NV112 , CLASSIC and EFX112 amps
Peavey Guitars
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Jerry Roller offerred to be a paypal destination for these contributions, on the other thread about this:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 4&start=25
Loren Bayles

help- needed

Post by Loren Bayles »

Ok Guys and gals,

It looks like Davis is going to have all he needs to get going again in a day or two except the main ingredient. A STEEL.
Now isn't there someone out there that has a pretty rough one that will work good as a Player they would at least be willing to ship to David on Loan if he can reimburse them for the shipping, and make him an offer of reasonable purchase price once he gets things going well and the initial pressure off of himself and family.
There has to be a few beaters out there that would work.
Good Luck DSave and thanks to all the guys that have stepped up to help.

LB
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

I have had a few emails but nothing as of yet...I see several steels out there but REMEMBER if I had a thousand or 2 I 'd have somebody else pants on...
If you need a good pa sysytem and have a useful steel,let Loren or myself know.I'm sure we can get something worked out.
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Clark Doughty

Needing Help

Post by Clark Doughty »

Hi David,
Please send me an email with your phone number so I can talk to you about some options we may be able to work out.......thanks..........clark
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

you have mail
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

I mailed money.
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

I have an entry level Nady in ear moniter set that was generously donated to me by Greg Laiben if I would make a donation to the forum. I did. The unit is like new, but not what I need. If someone would like to make a nice donation to David and a lil sumpthin to the forum, it's yours. I'll ship it free in the conus. Tryin to pay it forward.! Greg
Last edited by Greg Wisecup on 4 Jan 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
David Beckner

Thanks

Post by David Beckner »

Thanks to all.I was contacted about a 'loaner' but am not sure about being in this situation.I mean 'what if something happens 'scenario.I seem to have my run of bad luck without being in control of some one else stuff..I am really looking for some one who maybe has something I can use that would be willing to take the contribution as payment..Not looking for 'the best'

Also ..I am still making covers,leg bags, cases, and seats if we can get a horse trade..
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX