Ohio: ''Sharing The Steel'' Among Friends Coming

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Gary Preston

Ohio: ''Sharing The Steel'' Among Friends Coming

Post by Gary Preston »

I have talked with some of our steel players about having a group of players getting together and sharing their steel runs , licks etc . We would maybe set up our guitars in a circle so we can see each other and go over '' steel '' stuff , ! I talked with our folks at our Church about using the annex for this . This is where we have our regular jams at . I have their blessings on this . So all we have to do now is talk to others about a date and time to get this going . This would be a great time to learn what others are doing on their guitars . It could be a question and answer kind of a thing or whatever . If you are interested let us know . I talked with Sonny Curtis and he was interested in sharing . I need to talk with other top players also . There wont be any charge for this , all we have to do is rent the annex and i think i can get it for $35/40.00 for 4 hours ,this would be plenty of time i think . We could all chip in and share in the cost . You can post a reply or e-mail me or call me if you are interested . This would be on a '' Saturday '' so more people can be with us . There is no time limit as to how long we can do this i don't think ! Please let me know what your thoughts or ideas are on this . Best regards . G.P.

Gary Preston Ph.# ( 614 ) 774-3109 .
Otis Dillon

Post by Otis Dillon »

Hey Gary!

This is a great Idea and Myself and a Cousin would sure come to this from West Virginia as long as it is not on the second saturday of the Month... :D
Derby SD-10, Sho-Bud Pro III, 1976 Fender Twin 2x12" JBL
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hey ole buddie i havn't seen you for a while . We would love to have you guys . Hope to see you soon . G.P. P.S. have a great holiday season .

1977 Sho~Bud Pro ll Custom , 1980 Sho~Bud L.D.G. 2008 Emmons LeGrande lll . Two Nashville 400's ,1976 Fender Vibrosonic Steel Guitar Amp W/ 15 '' J,B.L. Lexicon MPX-100's Processors .
Jerry Grooms

Post by Jerry Grooms »

no takers yet on this. ? :( gary i sent you a email
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hi Jerry . Yes i have gotten some response by other communications . We hope to get this going maybe in January or so . G.P.
Todd Meadows

Post by Todd Meadows »

Hey Gary, as we've talked I would love the chance to sit with other pickers to learn new stuff. Everyones better than me so I got alot to gain on a deal like this. And by the way I'm lookin for an entry level steel for a friend don't want to spend any more than I have to get him started so if you hear of something let me know. Todd
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Todd if you can get in touch with Larry Whaley . I think he has one for sale . G.P.
Todd Meadows

Post by Todd Meadows »

Thanks Gary sent him an e-mail.Todd
LARRY COLE

Post by LARRY COLE »

Todd I just saw a Fender on Craigslist today.
Todd Meadows

Post by Todd Meadows »

Thanks Larry I'll check it out, Todd
Steven Black

Sharing steel guitar licks

Post by Steven Black »

Hello Gary, i would love to do this, count me in, Steve B.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hi Steve . I hope to get this up and running after the new year . Happy holidays , G.P.
Dick Sexton

Now your talking...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Gary, That is a great idea.

We've been thinking of doing something like that on this side of the state for some time & have to some degree... I believe the new, newer and/or less experienced players would get much more out of that then a traditional jam type situation.

Here, we've even given some thought to bringing in a player/instructor, the caliber of say Mike Sweeney from Nashville, or even one of our own Ohio players such as Wayne Hobbs or one of the very good and road experienced, players that live in your area to instruct or contribute.

Keep us informed of how it works out. I'll do the same, if something should materializes in our area.

Note: Edited for a clearer understanding of original purpose.
Last edited by Dick Sexton on 26 Dec 2011 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary Preston

Fun Fun Fun

Post by Gary Preston »

Merry Christmas to you Mr. Sexton . This is just a club thing for the guys to ask questions etc . We think it would be good to get together and share and have some fellowship . Best regards . G.P.

Edited for clarity . G.P.
Last edited by Gary Preston on 26 Dec 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Sexton

And a very Merry Christmas to you also...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Gary, I'm sorry... It seems I've read something into your original posts intent, thinking it might be something more. My apologies... I have edited my post to better convey my thoughts.

Of course anything that brings a few players together anywhere to exchange ideas on any level is great and something I am all for.
Gary Preston

Thank You

Post by Gary Preston »

:) No harm no foul . Wish you the best in your endeavor . G.P.
Gary Preston

Re: Fun Fun Fun

Post by Gary Preston »

[quote="Gary Preston"]Merry Christmas to you Mr. Sexton . This is just a club thing . Everyone is welcome to attend . We don't have anything in concrete as of this time . Happy Holidays to all . G.P.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Well here it is January already . I am going to try to set a date and time to start the Sharing the Steel Guitar event . Keep your eyes on the post . G.P.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Still working . :P
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Sounds like a good project. I've been extremely busy here lately. Sorry I haven't chimed in lately. I would like to be able to be a part of this as well. We did one like this a few years ago, and everyone that come out seemed to have had a great time. :D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Kenny how does your schedule look for January ? G.P.