Ronnie Miller ...... WOW!!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chuck Cusimano

Ronnie Miller ...... WOW!!

Post by Chuck Cusimano »

My good friend, Ronnie Miller AMAZES me. He's one of the finest people in the World of Music and one of the TOP, World Class Steel players I know!!
He shared a glimps into a project he's working on and I'm completely blown away with what he's got going on!
I don't feel at liberty to give away any secrets but, I don't think he'll get mad if I brag a little on him.
As most of the folks here on the SGF already know Ronnie and what a talent he is, you also know he's been Charley Prides Steel Player for, like, 18 years.
He's got a CD coming out and all I am at liberty to say is, it's going to blow the doors off of your pretty red Chevy!

He's not only playing some great Steel Guitar, but he's got some Guest singers that you all know and love! (No, I'm not one of them...Ahem..)
How about Charley Pride himself!? How about Daryl Singletary!? How about Vince Gill!? How about Laney Hicks!? How about Billy Martin
! (Pridesmen Lead Guitarist and SINGER out of this world!)?
Ronnie let me have a listen to the Conway/John Huey Tribute Medly.... OH Oh! I've said too much...
I don't want to get in trouble with Ronnie, so I'll stop right here... But, You Just WAIT!!! I'm SO proud and excited for My ole COLORADO friend!!
(Ronnie, If I've overstepped my bounds.. I'm Sorry I just had to tell SOMEONE!)
They call it FILL 'cause it goes in the holes. Don't cover up the singer.
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Hey Chuck, I have Ronnie's old Red Emmons S10. ( Chalie signed it on the back) and I want you to know he took ALL them licks off of it and kept them for himself. I have tried to find some and there just like dat tirdy point buck,,, GONE. I do love it tho so I'm happy.. I will look for that new C-D. Thanks, Ron
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Hey Chuck, I have Ronnie's old Red Emmons S10. ( Chalie signed it on the back) and I want you to know he took ALL them licks off of it and kept them for himself. I have tried to find some and there just like dat tirdy point buck,,, GONE. I do love it tho so I'm happy.. I will look for that new C-D. Thanks, Ron
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

I love Ronnie Miller and his playing...any record he makes will be most excellent...
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Ronnie is one of the best players out there. Super person. Jody.
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

I heard cuts from it Sunday, Can't wait to get my hands on it !!! First Class all the way!!
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

This is blooming into a great project.

http://ronniemillermusic.com
Terry Downs
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

I can't wait to hear this project. Ronnie is a great steel guitarist, but he is also a wonderful guy with a sweet spirit. You rock, Ronnie! :D
Jody C.
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

I just listened to the samples! I will own this cd!!!
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Wayne Franco

That should be an amazing album

Post by Wayne Franco »

I can't wait till it comes out!
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

I always enjoy getting to hear Ronnie play. We miss him here in Denver.
Chuck
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Ronnie's a good friend and incredible picker. A true pro in every sense. Hope to see you in Dallas, Ronnie!
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Tony Rankin

Post by Tony Rankin »

Ronnie is an awesome picker and friend! I can't wait to get this new CD.
Tony Rankin
Ronnie Miller

Post by Ronnie Miller »

Thanks so much everyone,
Chuckamano your talent is out of bounds, Stevie, you’re the coolest, and one fine Musician, Jody & Jody, I always look forward to our visits in Dallas, and getting to hear your sets, Chuck L, I miss Denver also, David Lovya brother, Chris thanks for taking me for seafood in Newfie everytime we show up, Tony, sure miss seeing you and Denise, maybe next year ?? And to all of you others who took the time to post. Thank you…

This album project ( Brothers, Legends, & Friends) dedicated to my friend John Hughey is a dream, and I am so grateful to so many. First of all The Pridesmen ( Derek, Reggie, Danny, Ron & Billy) they are my (Brothers) for sure, and Terry Downs besides his guitar playing, has helped me so much, and is responsible for the web site www.ronniemillermusic.com
All of the artist,( Legends & Friends) I still pinch myself when I hear these cuts, Laney, Charley, Vince, Daryle, Kenny, Billy you guys & gals rock …Lloyd Green, thank you for your friendship, the liner notes, and my short visits that turn into hours, I think you qualify for any and all of the title B.L.F of this project.. Also thanks to Jeff McLeod in Dallas, who engineered the basic tracks. and the other players & singers who also added there talent. Scott,Steve, Dawn, LaDonna. I think that's everyone.
As for the album it is partially mixed, and in the hands of the amazing Greg Cole in Smyrna TN I can’t wait to hear it totally mixed and mastered, we hope to have it ready early in 2012.
I won’t bore you with details, they are on the website….Ronnie
Roy Davis

Post by Roy Davis »

Wow! Can't wait for that CD to come out! Samples sound great!! Awesome!
Chuck Cusimano

Post by Chuck Cusimano »

This is gonna be awesome!! I can't think of anyone who deserves more, the attention I think this is going to cause!
Ronnie My friend, Best regards for all the success in the world!!
They call it FILL 'cause it goes in the holes. Don't cover up the singer.
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

Ronnie's website http://ronniemillermusic.com now has mobile browser support. If you have an iPhone or other device, it should be much easier to read posts. (I've only tested it on my iPhone)

Last edited by Terry Downs on 21 Dec 2011 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Terry Downs
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

The iPhone (and other smart phones) do not support Flash Player, which is the the MP3 Jukebox for Ronnie's sample music. The website and mobile function now has an alternate page that has the MP3 samples linked for playing on your mobile device. Click the link highlighted in red.

The page will show up on your phone like this:

Last edited by Terry Downs on 21 Dec 2011 2:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
Terry Downs
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

If for some reason you click on the "Switch to our desktop site" link (as shown in red below), your iPhone Safari browser with get stuck with the desktop site content.

To revert to the mobile friendly content, go to your iPhone "Settings", then "Safari". Then click "Clear History" and click "Clear Cookies and Data". Your next opening of http://ronniemillermusic.com should show the mobile friendly content.
Terry Downs
Norbert Dengler

great

Post by Norbert Dengler »

ronnie does great.
the kind of players i love, deeply
rooted in the traditional styles and
still sounding fresh and amazing!
one day i listen to him live! :)
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

I wanted to let you know that sample MP3 snippets of ALL Ronnie's CD tracks are now on the website. The mixes are getting finalized and we thought they were close enough to make available the rest of the samples.

The MP3 sample jukebox shown below is a right hand widget on every page.

http://ronniemillermusic.com
Terry Downs
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

For those of you who like RSS feeds, get the latest updates from http://ronniemillermusic.com by subscribing. Just hover your mouse over the subscribe button like this Image in the right hand widget area. There are a variety of readers to chose from.
Terry Downs
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

Does anyone know if this CD is coming out soon?
Ronnie Miller

Brothers, Legends & Friends

Post by Ronnie Miller »

Hey Quentin,
Here is the problem I am having with this project. With this many Artist, (Vince, Daryle, Charley, Laney, Kenny Vaughan & Billy Martin) on this album, there is a lot of side Artist clearing, and legal things that have to be done, and those people sometimes move at there own pace.
This project kind of leaked out before I was ready to start talking much about it.
The recording has been mastered, and the CD is ready to be pressed, but, before that can be done I need to have all the publishing, and mechanical licence cleared, sorted & paid. The 2 Medley's on this album one being the Twitty/Hughey 6 songs, and the other The Charley Pride 9 songs, has turned into a legal nightmare, but we are working thru it.
I am still hoping to have product by early March. But there is so much more to this than recording and pressing.
Thanks for your interest, I am also looking forward to the completion of this... Regards.. Ronnie Miller
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

Good stuff Ronnie. Are you coming to Canada on the east coast in May with Charlie? If so I am definately going to see you play!! Its a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house but well worth it. If you have any cd's with you at the time than I'll buy one from you then. I love youre GFI's man, I have an ultra on order From SteelGuitarCanada and can't wait to play it.
Keep steel'n
Quentin