Evans SE 200 Amp HELP

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ferman Keeton

Evans SE 200 Amp HELP

Post by Ferman Keeton »

Can anyone help? :( A person out of state from me says he has an Evans SE 200 for sale that is about 15 years old. Are there any markings on the amp that says it is a SE 200? I thought the SE 200 was one of Evans latest models. He had also refered to it as a Jazz Amp which made me think it could be a JE 200. Any and all help will be truely appreciated.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I had an early model SE-200, about 8 years ago. The amp you are talking about does sound like something other than the SE-200.

The SE-200 I owned had an Eminence Delta Lite 15" speaker in it.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Ralph Donahue

Post by Ralph Donahue »

Hi,if you can get a serial no.from the owner,I'm sure Scot Buffington of Evans amps can tell you what year and model it is,the no. should be visible on the back of the chassis.

Ralph
Ferman Keeton

Post by Ferman Keeton »

Thanks Guys, I have asked for a closeup picture of the front and back of chasis. Hopefully I will be able to read the serial number. Thanks again.
Ferman
Alan Harrison

Post by Alan Harrison »

On my SE-200 which is a 2004 model year, there is a small Evans logo on the back side of the pre amp which has a stick on tab which shows SE-200. That is the only place that I can see any SE designation.
Mullen (Black) Pre G-2 9x7, B.L. 705 PUP's, Evans SE 200 Telonics NEO 15-4, BJS Bar, Peterson Strobo Flip, Steelers Choice Seat, Folgers Coffee and Hilton Pedals.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Ferman Keeton

Post by Ferman Keeton »

Thanks again guys for your help. Ralph, I did call Scott Buffington of Evans and talked with a Lady. She looked up the serial number I gave her and verified that it was an SE200, the year it was sold and even where it was originally purchased. The seller was wrong on the age, it's newer than he said. It is on it's way to me know.

Thanks again for the help. Oh yea, the lady asked how much I was paying for it and then said I was getting a good deal.

I probably wouldn't have bought if it hadn't been for the friendly help on The Steel Guitar Forus.
Ferman Keeton

Post by Ferman Keeton »

WHOOPS, "The Steel Guitar Forum"