Playalong Disc-Texas Dance Hall Classics II

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Steve Alcott

Playalong Disc-Texas Dance Hall Classics II

Post by Steve Alcott »

I'm ready to ship. Send MO or check for $20 along with your address to: Steve Alcott, 67 Park Terrace East, Apt C-52, NY,NY, 10034-1445.If anyone wants Disc I, I'll throw it in for $10. I haven't had time to do a chord sheet; if there's a tune you can't figure out, email me and I'll send you the chords. I hold all payment until I hear that you have received your disc.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Alcott on 01 November 2006 at 08:20 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Alcott on 01 November 2006 at 09:50 AM.]</p></FONT>
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

Just got my copy - They're great tracks, and with a welcome variety of tunes -

Well-done tracks like these do wonders for making me wanna sit down and come up with something new when I practice -

Steve, thanks a lot for
doing this for us.
~Russ
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

^^^^
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

^^^
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

steve i want a copy
ill send mine in about nov 8th
thanks for lettin us know
mike
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

^^
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

^
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

steve i sent the check out today for your new play disc
look forward to it thanks mike
Norman Carlton

Post by Norman Carlton »

Steve, I received my discs Volume I&II today. I opened the package, popped Disc I in the CD Player and went through the entire list. I had a ball! The discs are outstanding. It brought back some tunes I haven't heard in years, and others I have never attempted to play PSG on. I will have a ball! For you pickers that want something that will made your practice a pleasure, GET ONE or BOTH Discs. Steve disc II cried for some C6 action. I have a lot of polishing to do and it will be fun! Life is Good!

------------------
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

Thanks, Norman-I appreciate your comments, especially in the early nail-biting days of a new product coming out. Regarding C6 tunes, jazzy stuff is really hard to do in a playalong format; it never feels right to me, so I stuck with songs I felt I could get a good groove on. <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Alcott on 09 November 2006 at 09:17 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Alcott on 09 November 2006 at 11:49 PM.]</p></FONT>
James Schroeder

Post by James Schroeder »

Received mine yesterday. Very nice selection of tunes. If you don't have it, get it.

Jim
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

I've been practicing with these tracks. It's fun working with a "real" band instead of the band in a box stuff. Good job, Steve. I enjoyed your bass work at the PSGA Show.
Chuck