My New Justice Steel

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Weldon Myrick

My New Justice Steel

Post by Weldon Myrick »

I received my new Justice Steel Guitar on Monday and played it until Saturday in our den. Then on Saturday I played my first gig with it at White Bluff, TN about 20 miles west of Nashville (pictures below). I must say it is my distinct pleasure to have met Fred Justice and his steel guitars. The sound of the Justice Steel is just wonderful. It is robust and yet it is warm and sweet. The clarity is bell tone. If you haven't tried a pedal steel made by Fred and Brenda Justice, you are doing yourself an injustice...no pun intended!
Everything is adjustable. The changer is very quick and is reminiscent of the push/pull guitar and gets the suspensions up in a hurry. There is no need for return springs to keep the pedals suspended; the changer does that.
My next gig is Thursday in Madison, TN and I can't wait!!!!

Image[/b]
Dan Galysh

Post by Dan Galysh »

Looking good, Weldon! You are one of my heroes. Glad you are happy with your new guitar.
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

That's a really nice looking guitar, Weldon. I hope you wring a million gorgeous licks out of it.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Very nice Weldon.
Jerry Foster

Weldon & Justice steel guitar

Post by Jerry Foster »

Wow, congrats. Mr. Myrick on your new & beautiful Justice Steel Guitar. I hope to Here You play it in the near future. Fred builds one of the best Steels in the market today. I am sure proud of mine. I wish you & Fred The best. God Bless, Jerry & Dee F.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i just hope all of this hoopla means we get to hear much more of the marvelous weldon myrick. you are absolutely one of the few who directed me down the steel guitar path. thanks for everything you ever played!
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Me too!!! Allthough my playing leaves much to be required :\
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Whip Lashaway

Post by Whip Lashaway »

Weldon, Glad to see you posting and still pickin'. Although I do not doubt a word that you said for a second.....I must say that I'm sure with you behind the guitar, you could say the same thing about baling wire stretched over a 2x4. You have always been one of my favorites. God Bless and keep on pickin', we still need hero's. Thanks for being mine.
Whip Lashaway
Sierra E9/B6 12 string
Sierra E9/B6 14 string
Excel S12 8x9 blue
Excel S12 8x9 black
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Great looking guitar, congratulations to two Really Great guys, Weldon and Fred.. That Justice feller isn't a bad ole dude. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

White Bluff?? Right down the trail from me. Geez, let me known next time and I'll try to come and see you. You're my hero, too. :D
C#
Me: Steel Guitar Madness
Latest ebook: Steel Guitar Insanity
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

The hat is purdy too!
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Weldon, congrats on that beautiful guitar. I hope I get to come see you and it when I'm in town next week.

Weldon and Hal taught me everything I know about tone, technique and playability of steel guitars. If it wasn't for Weldon I wouldn't have got to spend all those nights back stage at the Opry. He was my ride home. If Ole Weldon says it's good you can go ahead and place your orders. Weldon is the ultimate taste player. So many records he played on have neen huge hits.
Last edited by Johnny Cox on 30 Nov 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Looking good Weldon! Your the best! Congrats on a fine instrument!
David Hartley

Hi..

Post by David Hartley »

Enjoy that Justice guitar, it looks great...
David.
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

MR. Myrick, first, let me say that it is an honor, to chat with you on the forum. And second, that is is a beautiful instrument.
Tommy Shown
Dean Richard Varga

New Justice!

Post by Dean Richard Varga »

Looking very good. I want one!

Thank you Weldon for everything you have done for the art of Playing steel.

You are my all time favorite player. I just happen to be shopping for a new guitar after selling my '74 DD-10 Emmons PP. I will be seeing Fred very soon.

best regards,
Dean
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Weldon that is a great looking guitar, and I am glad to see your still playing quite a bit ! You inspired me so much in my early days as a player!

Goodonya mate
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Joe Naylor

Justice

Post by Joe Naylor »

Looks Great Weldon - but I got to see it whaile Fred was building it.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Weldon.....great looking guitar......and with you sitting behind it, and pickin' the strings, it's got to sound great......hope to hear you play it sometime soon.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Clarence Musolf

Post by Clarence Musolf »

Weldon , Really is a great looking guitar . was thinking of getting a new Emmons , but just might change my mind .. PLEASE . post a song or 100 of them played on this new steel ,as I'm sure everyone on this Forum is waiting ..

God Bless ,

Clarence M
Scottie Baker

Post by Scottie Baker »

Welden congrats on your new justice guitar,you and i got our guitars on the same day,--mine was the lefty that fred built.Welden, you have been my idle for many, many, years. I use too try playing your style--but decided it could:nt be done, I quickly decided to leave it to the master( i mean this in a very respectful way). I know that you will enjoy your guitar like i:m enjoying mine, Fred builds a wonderful sounding guitar. I"m enjoying mine so much i had to go out and buy me some depends--- :lol: Just kidding.--Scottie,
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Weldon, I wish the Opry was like it used to be when you were there. Doug Jernigan was always telling me how impressed he was with your playing. Fred Justice likes everything perfect, especially tone. I have played two of Fred's new guitars at steel shows. My take on the Justice guitars is pretty simple--I want one! A super solid feel, exceptional sustain, great musical tone quality---all that-- and the guitars are beautiful. Just my opinion.
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

Weldon, I wish the Opry was like it used to be when you were there.
One of the major thrills of my life was when I played the Opry for the first time, with Stonewall, and I carried my guitar out onto the stage and set up next to Sonny, Hal and Weldon. They had a head with several channels for the steel players, which was too far away for me to reach and adjust while I was playing, so I set the knobs on my channel like Weldon's and got a great tone.
C#
Me: Steel Guitar Madness
Latest ebook: Steel Guitar Insanity
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Greg Moody

Post by Greg Moody »

Weldon,In the next 6 months or so You will be even more happy with your Justice.Once you've had time to get use to it and it starts to break in.I have come to realalize the longer I play mine what good quality Fred puts into his guitars,the sustain is second to none and it stays in tune very well.I can't wait to hear you play it Weldon,Take care & God Bless.[/img]
Vincent Serice

To one of the best ever.

Post by Vincent Serice »

Beautiful guitar. Glad to see a great steel master sitting behind one of the best guitars being made today. I also picked the color scheme you did for a single neck. Most relaxing color I've ever played behind. Your right about that bell like sound. It chimes like a bell and string separation is wonderful. You will have the greatest service ever from Fred. He stands behind his guitars. Glad to see you having such a good time playing. Merry Xmas to you and yours. Tootie Serice. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: