My First " Left Handed " Justice Steel Guitar

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Fred, What a looker! First the one for Weldon Myrick and now the lefty. You have outdone yourself. Looks like the Justice is really going places. Your fine quality work is something I am trying to emulate in my guitars.

Say, did you drill any holes wrong in this one? I would have a time keeping the mirror image straight in my head!
Brad Malone

5 and 5

Post by Brad Malone »

Hey Fred, Great looking Guitar, I especially like the polished knee levers....another thing that you did that was great is go for 5 pedals and 5 knee levers..I think that is a better idea than 3 pedals and 7 knee levers because 7 knee levers gets crowded for most people..with 5 knee levers and 5 pedals one does not have to shift the body as much..a great Idea to keep in mind ...I'm talking about a single neck steel.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Brad M. yes I agree, the added pedals verses more levers does have an advantage.
I'd love to build you a new Justice guitar Brad when your ready.

Bent R. Thank you pal for all your encouraging comments and praise.
Yes, now that you mention it I did make one mistake on the "lefty".
I hung the vertical knee lever bracket as normal and installed the stop as well.
But it was a easy fix and I was back on track.
That's the only thing I forgot to think backwards on. Really it came out a lot easier than I had thought it would. Shucks, I'm ready for another "lefty" :lol: :lol:
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Scottie Baker

Post by Scottie Baker »

Fred, thanks for putting my copedent up for roger, I know he will apprciate that.--MAN fred i was counting on that thing being there friday Ha Ha--I had plans on playin it--maybe callin in sick, But thats ok I guess i can wait till monday. I hope you rememberd to put my cover in the case before you shipped it.--OH YEAH, Checks in the mail--Thanks again Fred---Scottie
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Scottie, years ago, I had relatives in your neck of the woods. We may be related???? Who knows. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Scottie Baker

Post by Scottie Baker »

Hey Larry,--good to hear from you,I don't know if you remember or not, But my Nephew & I talked to you at the steel guitar convention.My nephews name is Larry Baker.You made him go over and introduce himself to your wife as Larry Baker.She got a big kick out of that--If I remember right we ruled out being related.Larry maybe we will see you in southern Ill. in April. untill then keep on pickin--SCOTTIE OH by the way I talked to Fred today he said my steel will be deliverd on sat, He tracked it & said it is in Champaign.--WOOOOOPIE :D :D
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Yep, I remember now, one of those senior moments. Hope you get lots of good playing with that new Justice. Fred builds a great guitar, and He's not a bad feller either. Looking forward to seeing you in Mt. Vernon, Ill. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Fred Justice

"On The FedEx Truck For Delivery"

Post by Fred Justice »

Scottie it looks like it will be Monday for the delivery of your new guitar.
Bummer huh? with it right there in town since Friday afternoon.
But it won't be long now my friend. :D
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Fred, nice steel, I love that color. Is it formica or drum rap? I have seen this same color in drum rap but not formica. If it is formica where can I get some.
If it is drum rap what kind of glue did you use as I have tried to use it on a project and could never get it to hold. I tried contact cement,wood glue and even super glue which caused it to warp.
Thanks
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Bill I sent you a P.M.
Scottie Baker

Justice Has Been Served.

Post by Scottie Baker »

Hey everybody, I just recieved my new Justice SD-10 friday morning,Boy what a fine looking Guitar.I could hardly wait to get it out of the box, & set it up, when i did get it set up I started playing it & could"nt get away from it--I was almost late for work,--should"ve called in sick.---Fred Justice builds one heck of a fine guitar, He put everything exacly the way I wanted it set up--not easy for a lefty--The guitar sounds fantastic plays great--I could"nt be more happier--GREAT JOB FRED--THANKS VERY MUCH--SCOTTIE--60EC6744.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Scottie I'm glad the guitar made it there in fine shape. I'm also very pleased you love it so much, it was a pleasure and honor to build you a guitar.
Enjoy it Scottie for the years to come, and we'll meet up some where down the road my friend.
Fred Justice

Picture Of Scottie & Guitar

Post by Fred Justice »

Folks here's a picture of Mr. Scottie Baker sitting behind his new Justice "Lefty" :D :D

Fred Justice

More "Lefty's"

Post by Fred Justice »

I just wanted to mention to all you left handed players out there if your in the market for a new steel guitar, that I'm willing and ready to build you a new left handed Justice steel guitar.
Contact me at 480-986-2599 or fredsmusic@q.com Thanks.
Tony Kotula

JUSTICE "LEFTY"

Post by Tony Kotula »

Fred, WOW! You finally built a lefty! And it is awesome! And Scotty, Congrats on your new steel from another lefty!! I'm jealous!! LOL
I was just checking out your copedant. It looks very intersting like a lefty Jimmy Day setup sorta reverse ?
Being lefty's it is almost impossible to sit down and try new steels out!
When I first saw Fred play at the ISGC, he knocked me out with his playing and that steel he played!!
BRAVO!
left handed Excel Dl0, left handed GFI UNI 12 Ultra, 2 n.ville 400's, DD3,Lexcicon MPX100...
Robert Deemy

Post by Robert Deemy »

Fred out of curiosity, it's a lefty topside but has a right handed pedal/volume set up?
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Robert you are correct, witch made me scratch my head a few times. :lol:
But all in all it went rather smooth.
Scottie Baker

Post by Scottie Baker »

hey tony good to hear from you old fred did a great job on my guitar an he put every thing in place , right where i wanted it. if you need a new lefty -he;s the man for the job ----Tony will write more later it'''''s almost 2 am gotta get out of here -- later scottie
Robert Deemy

Post by Robert Deemy »

Scottie if I may, did you have previous experiance with a right handed pedal setup or what prompted you to go with that set up?
Congrats on the sweet looking steel!
Thanks, Robert
Scottie Baker

Post by Scottie Baker »

Hey Robert,--No I just felt in my brain that this is the way i wanted it set up, it just felt natural for me--- I'm a very left handed-left footed guy :lol: really I;m a very messed up person, when i was a kid in high school playing ball i always batted right handed,-- & when i used a pair of siscors i always used my right hand so i know i could have learned to play the steel right handed, if i would have set my mind to it.But look on the bright side--no body;s going to come up out the croud to show me up-------unless its anouther left handed steel picker :lol: :lol: hope this makes sense :roll: :roll: Probably not. Anyway, Later Scottie