Rhode Island Country Music Hall of Fame

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

manny escobar

Rhode Island Country Music Hall of Fame

Post by manny escobar »

Earlier this month Rhode Island inducted it`s 15th steel guitar player into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Since 1978 Rhode Island has inducted 68 musicians into the Hall of Fame. Fifteen of them played steel. The first one was T.K. Heaney in 1982. The latest steel guitar inductee is Tony Palmer from Lincoln , Rhode Island. Congratulations to a fine steel guitarist who did one hell of a job as past president of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by manny escobar on 26 October 2006 at 05:35 PM.]</p></FONT>
Peter Hart

Post by Peter Hart »

Yes indeed!! Congratulations Tony!! Tony is indeed a very fine steel player and did a great job as past president of the club!! Well deserved!!
Pete
Chris Brooks

Post by Chris Brooks »

Congratulations, Tony!

Chris

------------------
Carter SD-12 Extended E-9 with 5 & 6; Peavey N 112; Small Stone, Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Tony is a great guy and a great steel player. He was teaching me to play steel and I learned a lot from Tony. Congragulations Tony .Does this mean you are getting old like me.best to you.Sam white
Chris Caruso

Post by Chris Caruso »

Congratulations Tony. That's a great honor.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Chris Caruso on 29 October 2006 at 10:35 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Trahan

Post by Roger Trahan »

Congratulations, your playing inspires everyone and has made heads turn for years.Were not getting older, people are just begining to reconize the talent we have in this area. Well Done.
Tony Palmer

Post by Tony Palmer »

Wow, thank you guys.
I've loved and played country music for almost 30 years and never even thought about any recognition for it.
There's an amazing group of dedicated country music lovers here in Rhode Island and nearby Mass. and I'm proud to be associated with it.
The plaque looks great up on the wall of my music room!
John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

Congratulations Tony !!!
After all your great efforts, you surely deserve an award. Display it proudly.
Sincerely,
John
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Come on guys I know we have more Steel Player in that area.Tony deserves every one of you to Congardulate him on his AWARD he received.It is a great honnor to be in the in the Rhode Island Country Music Hall of Fame.I wish I was in it but I'm not that good a Steel player. I'm old but not good at the Steel YET.
Sam White
Harry Teachman

Post by Harry Teachman »

Congrats, Tony !!!!! You have contributed a lot to the local music scene, teaching, president of the RI Steel Guitar Assoc., you deserve it, dude !!!!!!
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I am sure that Tony was inducted for a lot more than his playing abilities. I'm sure it's for years of contributions made to the "Country Music" scene. The thread that hold it all together is the skill he obtained ,perfected along the way and handed down to others. Congratulations Tony, your now hanging with some "High Cotton" and deservingly so. Rhode Island has a great history in Country Music, You as a new member of it's CMHOF now are forever remembered as a big part of that History.
Charles Rodrigues

Post by Charles Rodrigues »

Congratulations Tony on a well deserved award.
Tony is an excellent steel player.

Chuck
Jim Rice

Post by Jim Rice »

Congratulations Tony! A well deserved honor. It is always a pleasure to listen to Tony at the RISGA jams.

------------------
Stephen Todd

Post by Stephen Todd »

Congratulations Tony ! Very well deserved. It's always a pleasure to listen to you performing. You've been an inspiration and a great help to me over the past years. Steve