FS 59 Fender Brownface Concert 4 10 combo.Price Drop

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Daniel J. Cormier

FS 59 Fender Brownface Concert 4 10 combo.Price Drop

Post by Daniel J. Cormier »

A friend of mine has a 59 Fender Concert 4 10 combo for sale. Has had a complete restoration done. New tolex. New caps, fliters, tubes cover and transformer.
40 watt in to 4 10 inch Jencen 10cr Speakers(Also new)
As close to new as you will find.. $1050.00.

Last edited by Daniel J. Cormier on 13 Apr 2012 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel J. Cormier
Rittenberry with Tone to the bone,profex or tubefex and what ever amp, hilton pedal, BJS bars. Email at kajunsteelman@yahoo.com.
Daniel J. Cormier

Pics up
Daniel J. Cormier
Rittenberry with Tone to the bone,profex or tubefex and what ever amp, hilton pedal, BJS bars. Email at kajunsteelman@yahoo.com.
Gordon Hartin

Post by Gordon Hartin »

Geoff Cline

Post by Geoff Cline »

Yes and the top panel doesn't have the angles...usually. Still, bet it sounds great.
Papa Joe Pollick

Post by Papa Joe Pollick »

IMHO it's newer than a '59....Looks exactly like my '63...But the panels are switched...
Very nice lookin' amp..
Daniel J. Cormier

Serial Number says made in late 1959 so we can call it a 60 model will post the Serial Number when i get home .As far as the rear panel I will switch them as soo as I get here to the house. Book list current resale at 1750.00 to 1775.00
Really don't want to ship but will pack it well and insure it out a@#$.
Really would rather sell it here than on ebay. Buddy want a newer lighter weight amp. Told he wouldn"t find one that will sound as good ass this one. ;-)
Daniel J. Cormier
J Fletcher

Post by J Fletcher »

Looks like a 59 to me. Controls read "Bass Treble Volume" like they do on the the earliest brownface Fenders. Later ones are "Volume Treble Bass".
Tube chart would indicate which model it is, ie model # probably starts with a 5 not a 6...Jerry
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Yup.The "center volume" amps are real early.The cosmetics are a little off,though.The original grillcloth was most likely very similar to what was on the late '50s tweed amps,perhaps oxblood.The "wheat" cloth on there now came a little later.The Tolex appears to be the later "rough brown" style.The earliest brownface combo amps were Tolexed with a slightly lighter variety that had a distinct pinkish cast.Also,the earlier Concerts didn't come with tiltback legs and I'm fairly sure legs weren't supplied on 4-10" amps at all until the Super Reverb came out.
Those (easily fixed) issues aside,that's a very rare,very cool old amp;at the asking price,it's quite a bargain and should go quickly.Thanks for showing it off! :D
Last edited by Dave Hopping on 10 Nov 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel J. Cormier

Tilt back legs added when it was reworked. Chassis Number is 6g12. makes either Late 59 early 60 model.
Daniel J. Cormier
Remi Villeneuve

Post by Remi Villeneuve »

Nice amp !!

I have the same.....early 61 6G12 with the pinkish tolex, oxblood grillcloth and 4 Jensen P10Q.

It IS a REAL TONE MONSTER and the vibrato is to die for.... Tons of headroom. Tilt legs have been added by the previous owner.

Goog luck with your sale. The price is more than OK.
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

This is a 1960 model Fender Concert ....The gril cloth should be brown , the panels are switched in the back , but it does have the early volume in the middle layout .... I have a newer model that as the volume pot first in line ..... These are GREAT sounding amps, and have the early vibrato that I would have to say is the BEST vibrato that Fender ever made .....This is a KILLER blues amp !!.....Jim

Remi,
Nice combo the Concert and LP Jr !!!.....I'll bet that combo SMOKES !!!.....Jim
Robert Mayo

Post by Robert Mayo »

I would love an all original 59 / 60 Concert....This one looks very nice !!
Daniel J. Cormier

Price Drop

Price drop to 1250 OBO. Will ship to Canada.
Daniel J. Cormier
Clete Ritta

Post by Clete Ritta »

Great looking amp Daniel. The grill cloth color is a minor detail. It sure looks sweet. Good luck with the sale! Found pics of an original (except 1 speaker) 59 Concert with angles for reference:

Help! Im gettin GAS! :lol:

Clete
Daniel J. Cormier

bump up
Daniel J. Cormier
Mark Roeder

Post by Mark Roeder »

Hi Daniel, looks like a great steel amp. What is the weight on an amp like that?
www.deluxe34.com lap steel stands, Clinesmith, Gibson Console Grande, Northwesterns, The Best Westerns
https://www.facebook.com/TheBestWesterns
Daniel J. Cormier

Still for sale
Daniel J. Cormier
Daniel J. Cormier

Just got the amp home . Model number is 5g12 which makes it a 59 , Volume knod is in the middle on the vibrato channel Super nice amp . Comes with the orginial speadkers( boxed up )
Daniel J. Cormier
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Just noticed something else about Daniel's amp-the faceplate is a lighter shade of brown than on later brownfaces.You can see it on the pic Clete put up,and Remi's amp shows the later darker faceplate.
@ Mark-the FFG says the brownface Concert's shipping weight is 55 pounds.
At this price,this amp is a bargain and a half.If I didn't already own one(since 1967!)I'd jump on it in an instant.Daniel,Clete and Remi,thanks for posting all the pics.Here's my Concert.
Daniel J. Cormier

Bump up to the top
Daniel J. Cormier
Curtis Scarrow

Post by Curtis Scarrow »

email sent
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Sent several emails and a PM. Would like to get this from your buddy Danny. Can you please email or PM your phone number? Thanks.

Steve
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Just wanted to say "thanks" for everything Danny. I'm REALLY looking to trying out this amp once it arrives. Those Jensen P10Rs are a HUGE bonus as well. I'm planning to load two of them in my brown Super. Cheers!

Steve