Steel In Greeneville TN.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Larry Custer

Post by Larry Custer »

Sam,I'll be checking in the hotel,Friday look forward to meet you.ONLY 8 DAYS left guys
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

One week to go!!!!!

Tony
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Time is running out anyone wanting to come you better let me know by Friday as i will be over at the Comfort IN setting it up with Bob Hayes and George Kimery.This will be the last call as we are getting closer only 6 days and if you miss it you will be the losser.
Sam White
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

I've made my reversations and I'm ready to pick Image

------------------
My playing sounds more like it did before than it does now

Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Almost here!!

Tony
Steve Leonard

Post by Steve Leonard »

Looks like it's going to be a good one! I wish I didn't have to work all weekend. Image
Ya'll pick one for me!
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

I will be there for the band deal on Saturday night. I'll play fiddle..there will be plenty of good steel players. I'm not a good steel player, but I do have a steel gig on Friday night. I won't be able to stay for Sunday because that's my wife's birthday....need I say more? I'm looking forward to it.

------------------
Emmons Lashley Legrande D-10 8/4,Nashville 400, Profex II, Bunches of fiddles, guitars, etc....

racmusic.tripod.com

Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Steve, play hooky Saturday. Wish you could make it.

Tony
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Tomorrow is the day. Looking forward to a great time in Greenville.

------------------

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Ok guys and Gals this will be my last post before the Steel IN. I got a E-mail from Herby Wallace and he said his wife is to sick to travel to his Gig in Arkansas and he can not drive all that way as he is still feelling kind of weak so he asked me if he could come to the Steel IN and set up a table and I told him he is more than welcome to do so.I like Herby and he has always been a Gentalman to Anna and I.Also Mike Archer will be playing some Steel and Lead.Gene Vance said he will be comming after 4:00PM Saturday as he has a Gig from 1 to 4.He is a great Fiddle player.I will bring my Dobro and he can play it also.We are going to have a great time and I have a lot of people comming to listen to us have a fun time.
We will be starting at 10:00AM or shortly after.
Sam White
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

OK Sam! I'll have the PA speakers ,Monitors and drums over there about `6PM.. And ..for those that want to have a continetal breakfast , we'll have We'll have the coffee Pot on and fresh danish pasties abd donutts available. For those that don't want to go out to lunch, we'll have chile and hot dogs and cold drinks available at a nominal fee". ....It's almost time!!! and bring your friends ansd enemies.
Grouchy
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

One good night of sleep left.

Tony
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

Hey Gang,,just wanted to say I really had a large time at the Jam on Saturday had to leave sooner that I wanted, but it was great meeting the folks there. It was a fun time, and hope more Jam's are to follow.
Really great picking and old friends and new friends are priceless.
Wayne Morgan

Herby Wallace

Post by Herby Wallace »

Well I just got back from this great show in Greeneville and I must say the Sam White and Bob Hayes did an excellent job putting this together. I thought the turnout was good for the first time and believe me, I see a lot of potential in this show. East Tennessee needs something like this and these are the two guys to keep it going. Also, the hotel was excellent and reasonable rates for a hotel of this calibur. I also want to thank Sam and Bob for letting me weasel my way in at the last minute. I was supposed to go to Hot Springs, AR this weekend for Ronnie Neighbors show, but I had to cancel as my wife came down with the flu and I wasn't up to making the trip alone. Greeneville is only about 70 miles away so I did it by myself. I didn't play, but they were nice enough to give me booth space for my products.

Again, I hope everyone will take my advice and make the next show as I think you will really enjoy it.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

I agree with Herby and Wayne that Sam White and Bob Hayes did a great job putting on the Steel In Saturday and Sunday. I too, had to leave earlier that I would have liked, but I had a good time visiting with some people I hadn't seen in quite some time and meeting some new players too. I thought everyone who played did a good job. I'm looking forward to the next one.
It was good to see that Herby Wallace is doing so well on his road to recovery too.
I might also add that I used my Nashville 112 and RV-3 together for the first time Saturday and was well pleased with the sound of my Emmons LeGrande.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

The Steel Guitar INN was a great succes and these are the people who were there to make it a succes.I will start it off by saying Thank you to Bob Hayes who helped me get it together.Next I want to thank George Kimery for all his help in getting the PA system and setting it up and for getting us a great band for Saturday night Jam.They were both a great help and I need to thank my Beautiful wife Anna for working the door.I want to thank the steel players that played. There was Roger Kelly from Mount Carmel TN.also Joe Smith all the way from Charlott N.C.Then there was Albert Sverddal from Brentwood TN. then Wayne Morgan from Rutledge TN.then David Martin from Kingsport TN. then Tony Dingus from KingsPort TN. then the husband and wife team of Sharon and Joe Babb from Knoxsville TN. then cameMike Dearing fromCosby TN.and Fred Nolan from Mohawk TN who had to leave early as it was his Anniversary and Tommy Smith from Newport TN.Then the Steel Players that did not bring there Steels and wish they did are Tom Keller from Greeneville TN. then Gerald Pressely from ? then Gordon Sharp but he did play Lead Guitar all day from start to finish. Then we had H.A.(Doc)Hope.Wait until the next Steel INN all these guys will all be playing.I want to thank a good freind to us all Herby Wallace for comming and setting up his table.I hope we helped him out some.I hope to have a couple of my Steel Guitar Buddies from Rhode Island come down for the next Steel INN.The hall was big enought for everyone to set up and no one had to break down so another could play.I know there were some Vidios taken and I hope someone will send one to me.

ONCE AGAIN A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU GREAT GUYS AND GAL.
SAM WHITE
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

Herby,
Thank you for your
KUDOS!! I want to add that Sam & Anna did most of the work! And George Kimery from Limestone (Davy Crocket's birthplace) desereves more credit than me...'cause he provided the great PA system..and was instrumental in providing and getting the reunion of a great Band!! Complete with fidle. Sam did an incredable job with the "MC" job. My son Deryk was part of the rythm section for the afternoon portion, and my10 year old daughter Desiree took care of the coffee,cold drinks,chile, and sweet pastries......with the assistance of my older son Shawn and the lovely Anna White also observing and assisting ..while playing "hostess" to all of the arivals.
The Comfort Inn staff were also very kind and assisted us in providing ice,meeage service, and Guest Services.
We had some great pickers..from the local East Tennessee area..and as far away as North Carolina,Nashville, South Carolina,Florida, Virginia, Kentucky, and I think...West Virginia. We missed some of the great local pickers due to other commitment...but the pickers who did attend picked thier butts off...and also shared their individual expertice. I WOULD SAY ..AND HOPE THAT EVERY ONE HAD A GREAT TIME!tHERE WAS A LOT OF LAUGHING ,JOKING, AND JUST PLAIN FUN. i CAN'T THANK EACH PARTICIPENT ENOUGH. You guys and girls sre the gratest. Sam....My big brother...You hit another home run!!!! You are a fantastic organizer. And I told yo that you would be "Picking great with the BIG BOYS".
Again Herby...Thank you for being there for us! Your presence was above and beyond the call of duty..considering your health. And thank you so very much my friend for our late night conversation! You are definetly a certified "HALL of Famer". To the rest of 'y'll Thank you so very much for sharing yopur musicianship,kindness,and frendship.
The Next Greenville Steel In or Jam is going to be Bigger and better".
Grouchy
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Thank you Sam and Bob for putting this on. It's the most that I've played in a while and I needed this. It was good seeing old friends and meeting new ones and like Roger, this was the first real test for my Nash 112 and man I love it. (Thank you PV)

Tony<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Tony Dingus on 22 October 2006 at 08:22 PM.]</p></FONT>
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

OK it looks like another Steel Inn will be in the makings. I will be looking at some time in February or the begining of March. As long as it does not interfer with another Steel Jam or show.I will post it on the forrum when I figure out when to have it.Keep and eye on the forum for the date. It will be at the same place the Comfort Inn here in Greeneville.
Sam White
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

If the next one is as much fun as this one was, I predict you'll outgrow that room pretty quick.

------------------
Emmons Lashley Legrande D-10 8/4, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Bandit, Baggs Fiddle Bridge, Peavey Profex II, Several Fiddles, Martin Guitars, Eastman Mandolin, Johnson Dobro, Rich and Taylor Banjo, Yamaha Keyboard, Upright Bass, Stratocaster, Yamaha Bass, Korg Tuners.

racmusic.tripod.com

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Rick Campbell I sure hope you are right and if you are I guess I'll have to just keep on having these great Steel INN's (Jams)here in Greeneville TN. and let the guys have a ball.It makes me feel good that I can do this for all the Steel Players.Everyone was so kind and everyone had a great time.The Steel players that did not bring their steels wish they did and said they will bring them the next Steel INN.I guess this next one is going to be even bigger. I will set the hall up a little diffrent so I can make sure everyone is set up and no one has to break down for another player to play.I do beleave we had 14 Steels all set up so no one had to break down.I don't like it when you have two or three Steels on a stag and then they have to break down so the other players can set up. You loose to much time and you don't get a chance to all Jam together.We all set up and we all jamed together and did a couple of round Robins it work out great. I was Informed that in March you have the Texas Show and the NTSGA show so I will maybe do it again the middle to the end of February we will check everything out first.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR A GREAT WEEK END AND A FINE GET TOGETHER.
SAM WHITE<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 24 October 2006 at 06:07 PM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Sam, I just wanted to thank you guys for a great weekend. You Bob and George did a wonderful job putting on this steel guitar jam. Looking forward to the next one.
Hope to see you in Wilson.
Joe

------------------

Fred Nolen

Post by Fred Nolen »

Sam and Bob,

Thanks for a great time. Unfortunately, I had to leave early - it was my wife and my anniversary, and girls are funny about things like that. I also am looking forward to the next one and plan to make every effort to be there for the duration. It was good to see a lot of friends that I normally don't get to be around as much as I would like. It would be difficult to find a nicer bunch of people to associate with.

Ol' Fred