Steel In Greeneville TN.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Maybe just Maybe we could get real lucky and invite Randy Beavers, Russ & Laney Hicks and even John Hughey to come. They do have to understand it is free no pay.I will let them set up a table to sell their CD's and what have you.I have invited Bobbe Seymour and he said if he is not at a show he will be here.All Steel Players are Welcome to play if they wish to.It is getting closer and I have to get a count on who is comming as I have to go and pay for the Hall up front.Lets here from you now.
Sam White
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

sam, I will be coming and am looking forward to meeting you and other players as well. Blessings, Albert Svenddal

------------------
I'm "STEEL" Praising The Lord!
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Sam, I'll be there on Saturday if nothing happens. Looking forward to meeting everyone and fellowshipping.

Tony
Fred Nolen

Post by Fred Nolen »

Sam,

I plan on being there Saturday.

Ol' Fred
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

October is getting closer and so is the Steel In in Greeneville Tennessee.I will put a list of all the Steel Players that will be here for this great event.Also I will be going to the MASGA Jam in Wilson N.C. so I hope to see some of you guys here at my Steel In.Come on guys so I can get you on the list and get it organized.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Here is a list of who is comming so far.

Sam White - Greeneville Tn.
Bob Hayes - Church Hill Tn.
Wayne Morgan - Rutledge Tn.
George Kimery - Limestone Tn.
Roger Kelly - Mt. Carmel
Eddie Trent - Kingsport Tn.
Mike Archer - Church Hill Tn.
Tony Dingus - Kingsport Tn.
Bryan Adams - MT. City - Tn.
Joe Smith - Charlotte - N.C.
Rick Campbell - Knoxville Tn.
Stoney Stonecipher - Knoxville Tn.
Gerald Presley - Knoxville Tn.
Tom Keller - Greenevile Tn.
Gary Schuldt - Seymour Tn.
Travis Solomon - New Market Tn.
Gordon Sharp - Kingston - Tn.
Albert Svenddal - Brentwood.Tn.
Fred Nolen - Mohawk Tn.
David Martin - Kingsport Tn.
Joe Babb - Knoxville Tn.
Sharon Babb - Knoxville Tn.
Larry Custer -

These are the players and is growing. We will have a good crowd of people there to enjoy the great sound of the Pedal Steel Guitar. 23 Players and growing
Sam White<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 12 October 2006 at 06:32 PM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

looking forward to it
gonna pick!!
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Great Mike I'm glad you will be making it
Sam White
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

It looks like I can make it on Saturday for sure, but I think Sunday is out. Looking forward to it.

------------------
Emmons Lashley Legrande D-10 8/4,Nashville 400, Profex II, Bunches of fiddles, guitars, etc....

racmusic.tripod.com

Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

up
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

bump

------------------
Relative minors are not kin folk

Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

getting closer...................

Tony
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Yep it is getting closer and I have the flyers ready to go out in all the Stores around here in Greenville for people to come and hear us all have a good fun time. Bob Hayes said his son will play drums so everything is looking GOOOOOD.
Anyone else that wants to come and play and have a good time come on we are all doing this to have fun.Where can you spend $10.00 and have a great time like this.I was hopping we would hear from Tommy Dodd and Russ & Laney Hicks. Hey you guys are welcome to and I will let you set up a table to sell your CDs and what have you.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Up see Daisy
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

getting close
bump please
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Yep closer and closer.I think what we will do is everyone set up in a large circle and do a round Robin for the first two hours we will play with tracks.After lunch break 12:00 to 1:00 we will then have each player play three songs of there choice until Dinner break at 5:00PM to 6:00PM. When we come back from Dinner break we will play with the band.Each player play half the song and then we will play a diffrent song for every two players.We will play until 10:00 PM. Then Sunday morning at 10:00AM we will do a Gospel hour and then at 11:00Am we will have each player play a song apeice and at 3:00PM it will all be over.If it works out OK I'm thinking another one in February or March how does that sound.Give me some feed back on this Idear.If you have anything you feel I should change Jump right in and let me know.
Sam White<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 01 October 2006 at 05:14 PM.]</p></FONT>
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

OK it is only 20 days away and we will have one great time.I seen Little Jimmy Dickens Friday night at the Country Tonight and I told him about my Steel IN and he said I know all about it.So I guess he watches the Steel Guitar Forum.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bump for Me
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bump Me Again
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

2 weeks away!!

Tony
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I do beleave we have a great Drummer going to be playing drums.Also I heard Mike Archer playing Lead last night and a superb job indead.Also Eddie Trent and David martin did a excellent job of playing steel last night.Two weeks from this time it will be over and I will give you the results.I know it is going to be a great Steel IN and anyone that misses this one is going to wish they came.
Sam WHite
Sam White
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

thanks sam it was good to have you come out and here us we had a great time
looking forward to the steel in
be blessed my friend
Joe Babb

Post by Joe Babb »

Hi Sam,
Sharon and I plan to come. I think Sharon will bring her Emmons S-10. She is trying to make reservations at the motel even as I write this. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Joe
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

ill be down for the day but i just found out we have a band job sat night so i wont be able to stay but looking forward to the day this happens when you play reg jobs
the cool thing is our gig is in greenville<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Mike Archer on 11 October 2006 at 08:32 AM.]</p></FONT>
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Ok Time is getting short and I have more steel players comming. Today Anna and I went to the Greeneville Welcome Club and Anna past out flyers to everyone there and most of the people are going to come and listen to the Steel Guitars play.I also put it in the Greeneville Sun news paper in the Events and it will drar a good crowed I'm sure.It has to this is Tennessee and this is country the country music State.
We have a Woman Steel Player comming to pick with us and this is going to be great. I hope she does'nt make me look to bad.
Sam White