Steel In Greeneville TN.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

^^
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Should be alot of fun.

Tony
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I Met Mike Archer last night and he will also be playing some Lead Guitar at the Steel IN.He and I talked Eddie Trent into given a Seminar also. Eddie Trent is a Super Picker and a great guy.Things are looking better and better as the time goes on.If this goes good I will be running two or three a year as long as everyone wants to have a great time and pick together.WE STILL NEED MORE GUYS TO COME TO HERBY WALLACE'S SEMINAR.
Mike Archer and Eddie Trents are free.HERBY NEEDS MONEY FOR HIS MEDICAL AND I HOPE WE ARE ABLE TO HELP HIM.While I'm on here I want you all to know my Son Robert who lives in Russellville Arkansas well his cancer is back and he has it in the same place and it is now in his left hip and his left knee joint alonge with the limp Knods in his splin and Pankres.Anna and I will be going to see him Tuesday.
Sam White
Sam White
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

sam it was so good to meet you!!
i just want to say i will be praying for
your son and your family
i know this is a bad time for you all
and we will be here when you need us
Herby Wallace

Post by Herby Wallace »

Sam, as we mentioned earlier, I need at least 12 steel players to sign up for the seminar or I will not be able to do it. As of right now I haven't received any. Again, my address is: Herby Wallace, Box 5784, Sevierville, TN 37864.

Thanks,

Herby Wallace

P.S. Again, the cost is only $60.00 for 4 hours which must be paid in advance. I hate to do it but I must put a cut off date of August 31st. I have another pending show for this same weekend is my reason for this cut off date, so if we don't receive enough people for the seminar, I will have to do the other show. Since this is my livlihood, I have no choice.

------------------
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

^^^
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Sam if you have anything organised for mid September please let me know I may be coming down that way.......wish I could have made Herbies seminar Image
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

sam
because of my health and back problems
ill going to have to cancel doing the steel class i hate to do this but i have
a hernea in lower belly and i dont think after i have surgery in late september
i will be in any shape to play
there is good time left to get some one else thanks for understanding
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

bump
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

Bump
Tom Keller

Post by Tom Keller »

Upsa daisy
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Tom Keller come on over to the Steel IN in Greeneville. I tryed to E-Mail you but it came back. Where in Greeneville are you??
Call me I live on the Old Asheville HWY a 1/4 mile before you turn to Kinser Park.Call Me 638-5093.

Come on guys I have to know who is comming as I have to get things going and lined up.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Up to the top and over again.
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Sam, I just moved to Tennessee and would love to come and play at your Steel Inn. This sounds like fun. Albert Svenddal

------------------
I'm "STEEL" Praising The Lord!
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

Bump
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Up
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Looking to have a good time.
Tony
Herby Wallace

Post by Herby Wallace »

I regret to announce that I must cancel the seminar as we have not received any deposits and I needed at least 12 in order to do the seminar.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

OK Guys looks like we have lost out on Herby's Seminar.I for one and three others wanted to take the Seminar but no one else did.OK here is what is going to happen. ALL STEEL PLAYERS will sign in on a sheet at the door.My Wife Anna will be at the door.Everyone will pay $10.00 to help pay for the Hall.We will do a round robin for about the first couple of hours and then break for Lunch.There are lots of places for food.I will list them at the end of this thread.We will start at 10:00 AM sharp and I think Joe Sapp had a great Idea of playing musical chairs with the steels we will try it and then break at 12:00 noon and be back by 1:00 PM.We will start playing single and play 3 songs each your choice and then break at 5:00 PM for dinner.We will be back for 6:00 PM and then continue where we left off play single until all players have had their chance to play alone. There will be people there to form a band for those whom want to play with a band.Bring your tracks if you want to play tracks.Sunday we start at 10:00 AM and the first hour is Gospel hour.Then at 11:00 we will play Round Robin until 2:00 PM and that will be the closing of the STEEL GUITAR IN.
Restraunts all on the Main Street 11-E
Ryans about one mile north 11-E
Berger King
Mc Donalds
Wendys
Stans B/B
Waffel house
Going South on 11-E about two to three mile on 11-E is HomeStead and Chubz
Going north from the Show on 11-E to Route 107 follow about 2 miles is Lynns Restraunt and about a mile futher in The Farmers Daughters Restraunt. If you go there don't eat all day because they keep bring you more food. OK Guys if you have any Questions just E-Mail me and I will be glad to answer you Questions.
Sam White
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

UP

Tony
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

()
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

I'm also planning on coming.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I'm back from the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Show and it was a great Show. I guess I suprised everyone as Bob Hayes's pushing me on the timming finally payed off. Everone told me what agood job I done and I suprised the day lights out of my Family members that were there. My Sister went crazy and could not beleave the diffrents. I have Bob Hayes to thank for it.My Steel In is shapping up and I know it is going to be a great hit.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

up again
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

Get It Up there!..It's looking good! I'm still looking for some other pickers so we can realy have a good time! Havn't heard from Walker seats yet! I know there are some pickers in the Morristown,Rogersville,Newbery,Jefferson City,Johnson City,Elizabethton areas and the Bristol/Abington areas. We sure need your HELP!!! ..Let's call it a "Steel Fun In"!!!!!!
Grouchy!