Seldom Scene 40th Anniversary Concert

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Howard Parker

Seldom Scene 40th Anniversary Concert

Post by Howard Parker »

Unbelievable,

I have been in love with this band for 40 years and here we go again.

The Birchmere (Alexandria VA) is hosting this 40th Anniversary celebration on Nov 26. The Scene was known as the band the "made" the Birch, playing every Thursday evening. every dobro player within 1,000 miles was there, camped under this Auldridge dude's right hand, trying to figure out what he was doing. Now we get a chance to do it all over again as the current Scene will be joined by the other three surviving original cast, Mike Auldridge, John Starling and Tom Gray. Ben Eldridge is the only original member still playing with the boys. The Duffmeister will be there in spirit.

This is going to be EPIC. If you think a special trip to the Birchmere is in order BUY TICKETS NOW.

You have been warned ;-)
Howard Parker

03\' Carter D-10
70\'s Dekley D-10
52\' Fender Custom
Many guitars by Paul Beard
Listowner Resoguit-L
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Auldridge is my hero and a super nice and no ego guy. Can you say "Tone ". The Scene has been one of my favorite bands since the middle 70's when I first heard them. The new Scene is great too. There will be some good music there.

Tony
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Tony Dingus wrote:Auldridge is my hero and a super nice and no ego guy.
Tony

Truer words were never spoken......
James Mudge

Post by James Mudge »

I saw them many times over the years at the Berkshire Mtn Blugrass/Winterhawk/Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival in upstate New York. Some of the finest musicians around. I never have seen Mike play his PSG only dobro. I do have an LP album on which he plays PSG. I think I'll have to dig it out and give it a listen, I haven't played it in years. Good thing I kept my turntable.
Stage One S10
Sho-Bud Pro II D10, Nashville 112
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I remember them from my time living in Laurel Md in the early 70's. Great that a band can stay together this long.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit