Melobar 8 string Steel Guitar Ex. cond. $650 incude ship.

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string Steel Guitar Ex. cond. $650 incude ship.

Post by Carl Green »

This is a rare Melobar 8 string Steel Guitar Sunburst Finish in ex. condition made about late 1960's till early 70's. This electric steel guitar was made so a dobro player or pedal steel guitarist could play standing up with a strap slung accross his or her shoulder. There is 3 strap pins that are mounted on the guitar so the player can wear the guitar like a telecaster or a dobro. The steel guitar was made as a 8 string model but can be strung as a 6 string by just removing 2 strings. The bridge was made as a 10 string model but the nut and bridge that the strings rest on were made for 8 strings. I have been perfoming for the past 2 months with the Melobar and have decided to sell it. This steel guitar is rare and I only see 2 on ebay for about $1100 and $1125. This guitar has a nice sounding EMG pickup with a volume and a tone control. This steel guitar has a great tone that is perfect for playing Country, Haiwian, and Blues Music. The steel guitar comes with a gig bag for a case. I am selling the Melobar Steel Guitar for $650. I live in Santa Rosa, Ca.
Carl Green
707-538-3133
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 10:56 am, edited 12 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar Steel Guitar 8 string Sunburst finish rare $650

Post by Carl Green »

I am relisting the Melobar Steel Guitar at a price reduction at $650. I am personally doing great health wise and I haven't been on the Steel Guitar Forum for a couple of years until last week. I have spoke on the phone with Bob Lee and told him that 3 months ago on April 15 I had a large benign Brain Tumor removed from my brain. The Tumor was about 5.5 cetimeters or 2.25 inches. I am doing fine and back blowing on my Trumpet and Tenor Saxophone since last week. I still have 3 pedal steels and 2 lap steels so am am not hurting or hard up. I am very happy to still be playing music and thinking better than I have for the last couple of years. I have performed with the Melobar Steel for the last 2 months and can say that this is a great instrument and fun to play on.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 10:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 String Steel Guitar ex. cond. $650

Post by Carl Green »

Hi have decided to lower the price of the Melobar steel guitar to $650. I have sold a Sho-Bud LDG and a Fender 8 string with a Bigsby Palm pedal in the past years. I am reliable and Bob Lee knows who I am.
I will keep it at the $650 price for a month and see what happens.
Thank you,
Carl Green
707-538-3133
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 10:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 String Steel Guitar Ex. cond. $650 including ship.

Post by Carl Green »

I have decided to include shipping with the $650 price. I figure shipping will be about $40-$50 but whatever it is I will include it as long as the destination is somewhere in the US. Not Haiwaii, Alaska or Canada.
Thank you,
Carl Green
707-538-3133
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 10:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 String Steel Guitar Ex. Cond. $650 include ship.

Post by Carl Green »

Bump including shipping.
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 10:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Carl Green

Post by Carl Green »

I have lowered the price to $650 including shipping.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string Steel guitar $650 including shipping.

Post by Carl Green »

I have started with a $1000 price on the Steel Guitar Forum for the Melobar and I am now lowering the price to $650 including shipping.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 String Steel Guitar Ex. Cond. $650 includ. Ship.

Post by Carl Green »

I thought I would lower the price to $650 including shipping in the US.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string steel guitar price reduct. $650 inc. ship.

Post by Carl Green »

I feel good today so I have decided to lower the price of the Melobar 8 string steel guitar to $650 including shipping in the US.Here is a picture of me happy with my Sho-Bud Pro 1 and looking forward to getting my 2 knee levers from James Morehead in Oklahoma. Tomorrow I will be celebrating exactly 6 months since I had a large Brain Tumor removed from my skull on tax day April 15. I had the picture taken 5 days ago and this is how I look. Tonight I will be playing my Sho-Bud steel that I got from Bobbe Seymour 30 years ago along with my Brother at a local County Bar in Penngrove called the "Twin Oaks Tavern". I'm sure that Bobby Lee is familiar with.
Thank you,
Carl Green
707-538-3133

Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string steel guitar Suburst $650 ex. cond.

Post by Carl Green »

I have just lowered the Melobar 8 string steel guitar, beautiful sunburst finish to $650 including shipping.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string steel guitar sunburst $650 ex. cond.

Post by Carl Green »

I have a Halloween picture to post that you might find interesting. This is my real life "Frankenstein" photo. This is me and my "Dr. Frankenstein" shaking hands with my friend Mr. Skull. This is actually my Doctor "Tim Lucas" from UCSF hospital who saved my life by removing a large Brain Tumor the size of a Handball on the left side of my Brain. This photo was taken on April 29, 2011 about 11 days after I had surgery at UCSF. This photo was taken right before he removed 72 staples from my head and 2 metal clips on the back of my head for Aneurysms. I feel great and am doing fine. The photo of me with my Sho-Bud Pro 1 is how I look like today with all my hair grown back.

Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 srting Steel guitar ex. $650 ship. included.

Post by Carl Green »

I have lowered the price to $650 including shipping and insurance in the US. I just had a MRI on Tues. at UCSF and everything is great and doing fine. I will be pickin' and a grinin' tonight at the Twin Oaks Tavern in Penngrove, CA.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 st. steel sunburst ex. cond. $650 inc. ship.

Post by Carl Green »

I am feeling good because I not only had a follow up MRI 3 weeks ago but I also had a follow up Angiogram 2 weeks ago for 2 Anerysms that were discovered in my head when I had a Brain Tumor removed from my skull on Tax Day April 15, 2011. I was told that I do not have to go back for tests in 3 years if at all. I am feeling good and playing music better than ever. What that means to the lucky person that would like to buy this Melobar steel guitar is more savings. I am selling the Melobar 8 string steel guitar for $650 including shipping and insurance in the US. Have a Happy Holiday season to all Forum members.
Thank you,
Carl Green
707-538-3133
Last edited by Carl Green on 24 Dec 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Carl, I'm happy to read your story and I hope you continue to feel great.
Carl Green

Post by Carl Green »

Hi Mike,
Thank you for the kind words. I am truely feeling great knowing that I can still play music which keeps me happy and is my continual outlook about life. I use to be on the forum regularly about 2 years ago and I lost interest in many things due to what was going on with myself. I just didn't know that I had a slow growing brain tumor inside of me. After I had it removed I had a renewed interest in music, life, and everything in general. I play music regularly with my brother and I love the steel guitar which I started playing when I was 21 years old and will always play. Have a Happy Holiday Season and I hope to see you sometime.
Thank you,
Carl Green
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string steel guitar ex. cond. $650 in. ship.

Post by Carl Green »

Being it Christmas Eve I am lowering the price of the Melobar 8 string Steel Guitar to $650 including shipping and insurance. I will keep it at this price through the rest of the Year.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Carl Green
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I'll take it Carl- PM to follow~~
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string steel guitar

Post by Carl Green »

I just received the payment for the Melobar Steel Guitar and will be puting it in the Bank today. I will be sending a check to the forum this next week once I send of the steel Guitar.
Thank you,
Carl Green

I have a old picture that I ran accross that I want to post of my friend Bobbe Seymour and myself back in 1979 when I moved to Nashville to be a Professional Harmonica Player. I also played Steel guitar at that time and I worked at the Sho-Bud Steel guitar factory in Nashville right before they fired eveyone and moved the operation to Conway, Ark. Bobbe Seymour helped me out by letting me live on his boat in Hendersonville, Tenn. and gave me a neck off of a old Sho-Bud that I still play today for gigs with my brother.
Carl Green

Melobar 8 string steel sold and delivered to buyer

Post by Carl Green »

The Melobar 8 string steel guitar has been sold and delivered to Buyer Jim Palenscar of Steel Guitars of North County in Oceanside, CA. I would like to thank Jim for buying the Melobar steel and of course thank the wonderful Bobby Lee of the Steel Guitar Forum who originally years ago suggested that I join the Steel guitar Forum to sell some steel guitars. The Steel Guitar Forum works and it is a great place to meet new steel guitar players. I will be posting My Brother and I public performances on the Annoucement Section for now on as "Carl & Paul Green" and we do a Open Mic Night regularly in Petaluma at the First Edition Sports Bar every Sunday night from 7:00pm-11:00pm and all musicians, Singers, Comics, Dancers and Drummers are welcome to Jam. Everyone have a great year in 2012 and I will be sending a donation to the Forum on Monday.
Happy New Year,
Carl Green