Nov 12 Phoenix Jam -Sheraton Cresent Hotel & Convention

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Naylor

Nov 12 Phoenix Jam -Sheraton Cresent Hotel & Convention

Post by Joe Naylor »

We are having a Jam at the hotel where the January show will be held so everyone can take a look.

Usually start setting up bout 8 AM - and over 3 PM or so.

Hope to have some of the regulars for a back up band.

Great Resturant and not high priced.

Everybody come join us.

Lots of fun.

Sheraton Cresent Hotel & Convention Center is I-17 and Dunlap (from the South as you exit there it is) ---- East side of I-17

C-ya there

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
plus Road Cases and other stuff too
Last edited by Joe Naylor on 25 Sep 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Joe Naylor

See ya there

Post by Joe Naylor »

Who is coming on Nov 12th
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Joe, which 8:00 is that, AM or PM? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

The one most musicians do not know exists - 8 AM

Thanks for asking
Denny Sarver

Phoenix Jam

Post by Denny Sarver »

Hi Joe.....You can count me in for the jam on the 12th of November. Don't know who will play drums, but I'll have my bass there. It was good to see you and Denise, Denny and Peggy, and Dave Beaty and Otto Shill all at the Marty Robbins Birthday Celebration. Thanks to you all for coming.............Denny Sarver
Joe Naylor

Great Denny

Post by Joe Naylor »

It was good to see you guys again at the "Marty Party" - they are going to have to get a bigger place - that is obvious.

Glad your are bringing your bass - I will get busy calling and make sure we have some more for a band - usual suspects anyway.

C-ya

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

ttt
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Jam news - the hotel has agreed to have some lunch specials

This is a great resturant with a World Class Chief and the price are already great

BUT for our jam they are going to have some very special prices on 3 or 4 lunches so we can eat and get back to the jam without leaving the building.

This hotel is great to work with.

Joe Naylor
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

ttt
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

Joe, I'm planning on coming up with my bass, maybe a six string, too. If ol' De-no feels up to it, I'll bring him along as well. Rick
Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Great Rick - Denny said he want some help so he could visit.

Just got a call from Dan Dan the drummerman from Yuma - he will be there too.

I will make a couple calls so we can have a few lead guitar players too.

Sounds like we have a band.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Getting close now - looks like we with have a good band ot this one too.

Everyone can take a good look at the new hotel for our January Convention,

Everyone welcome come play or just come visit

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I think we have 3 or 4 bass players, at least 3 guitar players and a dremmer or 2

Should have a bunch of steelers

3 steel builders,plus foot pedal, amp, seats, cases, supplies and more

lots of steel related stuff and friends

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Dennis Lee

Hi Joe & Fred

Post by Dennis Lee »

This is a little off the topic, but, could you both fill me in on what the program will consist of for the Phoenix Steel Show in January? Who will attend, etc? I'd like to learn more to see if I might come down for this event. Thank you in advance for your time and reply!
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Denise - we just finished a board meeting after the jam - I will be starting a new topic soon - maybe tonight.
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I think most of the jam today we had as least 15 steels plus a great band - 2 or 3 drummers, 4 or 5 bass players, 3 or 4 guitar players - 4 otr 5 singers - everyone switched off and everyone I talk to had a great time.

WE WILL HAVE A LARGER ROOM NEXT JAM - we had people from all over Arizona - 4 or 5 from Yuma for example plus New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada - what a great turn out -

stay tuned to this we will add photos

Board Meeting about January show - watch for a new post regarding class and a particial list of players.

Joe Naylor
wwww.steelseat.com
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

Thanks Joe and the entire SWSGA staff, this was an awesome jam and it was a honor to pick with you all. Rick
Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.