Steel Radio funding (please read)

Official announcements and other topics related to the internet radio station

Moderator: Michael Scott

Larry Baker

Steel Radio funding (please read)

Post by Larry Baker »

Michael Scotts post on Steel Radio yesterday said it would take $25,000.00 to stay on the air for the next few years. I (right now) will pledge to send Michael $100.00. Now all is needed is for 249 more people to do the same, and Steel Radio can stay on.
What do you all think? Larry Baker
Last edited by Larry Baker on 9 Oct 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

I agree Larry. I will pledge $100.00 also.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Very sad, 121 hits, and only two offers to help.
I guess Michael was right, everyone wants Steel
Radio until help is asked.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I'll pledge $200 if enough folks pledge to reach the $25k goal.
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

Say, Gang, I'm proud of you folks getting behind Michael and offering to help. I know it's just a start, but no telling how far it will go. It seems with thousands of listeners sharing the load, it shouldn't be hard to come up with $25,000! You can count us in, we'll certainly help! Come on, let's show Michael 'we care' and we're appreciative of all he's done to get steel music out to us!!
Jerry and Venda
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

I have sent Michael $40 in the last six months and will continue to support steelradio as long as it is on.
Larry Baker

Time is short

Post by Larry Baker »

Jean DeVore has just pledged $100.00 as welll. For those of you that don't know, Jean is a big supporter of the Steel Guitar and its Shows.

I would just like to say that time is getting short to have this done by Nov. 1. I know things are tight right now, and the numbers I first posed $100. X 250 was just a figure. All pledges will be appreciated. Also, I have nothing to gain from this except the enjoyment of Steel Radio. NO monies will be sent to me or thru me. If enough pledges are made, every thing should be sent directly to Michael Scott, not to me, I just want to help. Thanks to those who have already pledged. Larry Baker
Ron Deardorff

Post by Ron Deardorff »

OK, I just now saw this. You're goddam right I'm in, I'm gonna send it right now!
Ron Deardorff

Post by Ron Deardorff »

OK, money sent. Even if it winds up not working out in the end, it'll still be for all the years of great steel guitar music I've enjoyed and discovered via this immeasurably valuable resource.
Dennis Voges

Funding

Post by Dennis Voges »

Hi

I would be glad to pledge $125.00 to keep steel radio on the air. Let me know when & where to send it.

Dennis
Ron Deardorff

Post by Ron Deardorff »

Bravo, Dennis!!! You can go to http://steelradio.com/ and use the Paypal link they have there, or if you can't do that, you could send a check to the address listed beneath it. Awesome, guys, let's get this ball rolling!
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

thaks everyone, but there is a long way to go. Tell all your friends that may not read this much.
Danny Hammers
Location: Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.

Post by Danny Hammers »

We pledge $100 in memory of our good friend Don Helms.

Danny and Patricia
Gibson Console Grand D8 - Weenick DT-10 - Dynalap S8 - TriboTone Bars
Nashville 112s - Vegas 400
Member:
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA
Robert Grossman

I will pledge too!

Post by Robert Grossman »

I pledge $200.00 for SteelRadio! If we can get $25K
pledged in you got it!
ROBERT A. GROSSMAN
Larry Baker

not good news

Post by Larry Baker »

682 hits, and only around $1000. in pledges. I received an E mail from Michael Scott this morning, and he was very appreciative of the very few (my words) that made pledges. I wish I could more, but my begging has done me no good so far. Michael has given up, and has accepted the fact that the switch will be turned off on Nov. l.

Here is my last ditch effort to help, can anyone do more??? I have no dog in this issue, I have no CD now, or will I ever, but a lot of you had your music played on Steel Radio, that didn't get played anywhere else. Thank you again Michael. Wish I could of made this happen for you. Larry
Terry Bethel

Pledge

Post by Terry Bethel »

Larry,
I just saw the pledges that everyone has been making. I was on the air on Steel Radio for a couple of years. I didn't receive any money for my time but I had enough fun playing the different steel players CD's that I drove to St. Louis once a month. I would still be doing the show if the price of gasoline wasn't so high.
All I am trying to say is guys and gals lets hit the pocket book for Michael and Steel Radio, we all want this so, I pledge $100.00 to Michael and Steel Radio.

Terry Bethel
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Keith Bolog

Im in

Post by Keith Bolog »

I dont listen to it often enough and this just caught me by surprise too. I was not aware of the financial difficulties or the costs. Sounds like its too late now but put me down for a hundie or two....and any other help I can give. If it goes silent I hope it can be resurrected. All the Best Scott
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Well, looks like my feeble attempt to keep Steel Radio going has failed. It is really unbelievable that with 10,000+ Forum members and over 200,000 Steel Radio listeners that only about $1000. was pledged. Michael, I appreciate what you have given in the past, and will miss the programming. Larry Baker
Raybob Bowman

Re: Steel Radio funding (please read)

Post by Raybob Bowman »

Larry Baker wrote:...it would take $25,000.00 to stay on the air for the next few years...
If that 'few years' were 3, that's 36 months for $25K or about $695/month. If it's possible, I'm sure there's enough SteelRadio fans to come up with a total of donations of $695 every month. Is that possible?
Sierra U12 4+5 / 1933 Dobro / homemade Tele B-bender
John L. Farrell

Post by John L. Farrell »

Larry Baker, I wish you were working in our office. We could use another sales person like you. Count me in my friend and keep me informed.

John
Evelyn Simmons

Pledge

Post by Evelyn Simmons »

Count us in for the $100.00 pledge. I hope it isn't too late. Didn't know there was such a need.
Evelyn Simmons

Sad

Post by Evelyn Simmons »

Seems as usual, you don't appreciate something until it is gone. So sorry we didn't know the need and took so much for granted. Always intended but just didn't. We see now all the time and effort you have put into this Michael. Thanks for the memories and all the songs played by those who are no longer with us. Guess we will have to play our tapes and CD's now to hear them.
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Well, looks like my feeble attempt to keep Steel Radio going has failed. It is really unbelievable that with 10,000+ Forum members and over 200,000 Steel Radio listeners that only about $1000. was pledged. Michael, I appreciate what you have given in the past, and will miss the programming. Larry Baker
Not really unbelievable to me. 100.00 is quite a lot of money to some folks.

Times are tough.