9th KSGA Baxter Springs Show!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Terry Wood

9th KSGA Baxter Springs Show!

Post by Terry Wood »

Just returned from the 2011 Kansas Steel Guitar Association Steel Show at Baxter Springs, Kansas.

WOW! Just some awesome steel players and super backup players at this show. The food was fantastic too!

Thanks for putting up with me, Kenny and my Zane! We had a blast!

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Me Too, what a great time. the entire show was just great, and as Terry W. said the back up band was superb. The FOOD was great as well. Thanks to the KSGA for letting us be a part of it. Larry Baker and Jean DeVore.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Larry Gerdeman

Post by Larry Gerdeman »

I just got home from my gig tonight. Its been a long hard weekend but I've enjoyed every minute. I really had ablast at the KSGA show everything went great. Thebackup band was supperb as usual, the hospitality was great, an d all who attended was super. Thanks again for putting up with me. I hope to see everyone again next year.
Wesley Medlen

Baxter Springs Event

Post by Wesley Medlen »

Great show so nice to meet old friends and make new ones. Great players, food and fun. IMHO the best there is,
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP
Jerry Foster

Ksga

Post by Jerry Foster »

what a great time I had :D,thanks to everyone involved in putting on this great steel guitar show.all the players & the backup Band & the Ladys in the kitchen( WOW )I am looking forward to next year already.the Sunday morning church message and music from Brother & sister Hanley was powerful praise God.thanks & God Bless. Jerry & Dee F.
Chad Jones

Post by Chad Jones »

Just got home as well..I had a TOTAL BLAST! Will have pics posted on my facebook later this week! THANKS TO EVERYONE! Special THANKS to Jerry and Donna for making my stay a bit warmer..LOL..and to Ray for the heads up on the campground!
Chad Jones

Steelin The Show Radio Program
www.heartlandradionetwork.com
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

I say a great big AMEN to what's been said before! It was an awesome time for friends to meet once again and what a treasure friends are! Though Lee Ogle was feeling kinda tough, he did a tip-top job at emceeing the show. The man has a tremendous sense of humor and it showed through the entire time. Ray, I still think you can sing lower than I can! You're a great guy and wonderful steel promoter! Everyone was sure behind their hometown steel guitar picker, Austin!!! And Dalton sang so good...there are great days ahead for him. Stay in there, Dalton, the Lord has something He wants you to do for Him! All the newcomers to the show brought a lot of sunshine and should Jesus tarry, we hope you can come back. I hope we all can come back!! It was a super weekend! Thanks to all!!
Jerry and Venda
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Well we had a GREAT TIME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is always a GREAT SHOW. The pickers and food were very good. Thanks to All the Ladies that helped. Dana, Clara, & Barbara you are the best. There were lots of others that helped too. Ray's sisters and David are always so good to help.

I want to say a GREAT BIG THANKS TO JERRY FOSTER. HE FOUND AUSTINS BLACK ZIRCONIUM BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if we could just find his picks LOL. That boy has got to keep up with things.

Donna
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

Donna and I also had a great time. It's so very good to see all our friends and hear their music. It's like family. Thanks for the invite.
Allen Cain

Kansas show

Post by Allen Cain »

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said, but anyone that was at the show that didn't have as good time I can't think of anything more they'd want. The crew and player, both Steel and backup could not have been any better. also great singers. Thanks to you all, looking forward to next year ( Good Lord willing). Thanks for all the Great Food ( I got my share) and the girls that worked in the kitchen
Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

I experienced an incredible weekend of great music, food and fellowship with so MANY wonderful friends! As has been said, it is a FAMILY. And it was a very humbling weekend for me. Saying 'Thank You' to the KSGA is not enough to express my feelings, but I am truly honored. Lee and Ray, you are the best.

Also, there is so much hard work, yet so many volunteer to make it a HUGE success. A tip of the cap to all of you who work so hard.
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Thanks Lee,Ray Norma and all the many others who so faithfully give their time to make the Baxter Springs Show such a success.

As usual I had a great time. the crowd is so responsive, it is always one of the easiest show to perform on the Steel guitar Show Circuit

Space does not allow me to acknowledge all the kitchen workers and cooks who fed us so well "all day long' for three straight days.

You have created a spoiled bunch of steel players.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

Another great show guy and gals...THank you for having us...Congrats to all the award winners. we heard some great pickin and saw some dear friends...Weekends don't get much better than that....
D-10 JCH Dekley U-12 D-8 Magnatone Mullen RP Evans RE 200 profex 2 BJS bars
Dentyne gum (peppermint)
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

It was with much regret that I missed the show and gathering. I had planned to attend but had a medical procedure a couple of days earlier and doc told me not to drive long distances. I went to a jam in Sullivan instead and found that even that was too far, so I paid for my indiscretion. Seem to be fine now. I intend to go to Cuba this evening to attend visitation for Cal Ivie, whom many of you will remember. Again, I'm disappointed that I couldn't make it. I apologize specifically to Duane Dunard and Jerry Foster. Maybe we can do it later.
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

The show was a huge success. Thank you to everyone who attended. It is truly a team effort. We expect to see everyone back next year for the 10th annual show.

Lee

PS. Gene Crain lost a black pick bag with two bars and some picks, and Austin Stewart lost some picks. If you find them let us know.
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

I too want to say thank you to a great weekend! There is so much love and support in this club. Louie thank you but I have the easy job of greeting and talking (which I do best) but the KSGA officers and members have the hard job. Looking forward to next year for this show and also the Siloam Springs show in April!
John L. Farrell

Post by John L. Farrell »

My third year to the Baxter show and again what a wonderful time I had. You folks do a fantastic job and you make everyone feel right at home. I know there is a great deal of work from several folks going on to make this happen. Thank You for what you do and for making me feel so welcome.

See you next year !!!!!

John
Randy Weideman

KSGA Thank You

Post by Randy Weideman »

The KSGA Show was a incredible weekend. I would like to give a special thanks to Ray for having me be a part of it. A special thanks to all the band members with there great musical talent and sound. Thank you Roy Rosetta I Was truly honored having you play on my set. Thank You, "Jean DeVore" for adding her vocial talent with me on my set,she was GREAT. A special thanks to all the kitchen helpers and all the great food they prepaired. WOW ;-) If you have not been to this Steel Guitar Show you need to put it on you calendar next year. Like Mike said "It is a Great Family" and I was very proud to have been a part of it. :D :D :D
Randy L. Weideman
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

I know I missed the best gathering of the freindlyest gathering of people that attend these shows,the fellowship,great steel players,hardest working ladies and a wonderful Sunday Service from Brother Jerry.Dixie wasn't up for the trip and just couldnt do it.She said she sure missed everyone and hopes we can be amoung our real freinds next year.
Ray and Dixie
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Charlie Steichen

Post by Charlie Steichen »

Rosemary & I just wanted to thank everyone for the great time. The food was outstanding and the music was great. Rosemary's sister had never been to a steel show and really enjoyed herself. Great to see all the friends we have made over the last year.

Just a reminder about OzSGA Jam Oct 16

Thanks again
Charlie
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Just a sincere "thanks" to Ray and Lee and the KSGA for allowing Barbara and me to be a small part of this great show. This show truly has a wonderful family atmosphere like none other. All the players brought their "A" game and what a pleasure it was for me to work with the super musicians in the staff band. The food was, as always, superb.
We're looking forward to next year and invite everyone who was there and those of you who were not to come join us for a great weekend of music, fellowship and food in this historic town of Baxter Springs, Ks.
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy