North Texas Southern Oklahoma area Steel Guitar gathering

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Mark Greenway

North Texas Southern Oklahoma area Steel Guitar gathering

Post by Mark Greenway »

We will be having our FIRST gathering of steel players from the North Texas and Southern Oklahoma area on October the 2nd in Gainseville,Tx. We have a room reserved for 2:00 at the Civic Center which is located behind Braum's, at the California Street exit, right off of I35. Bring your guitar and play it along with everyone else, or if you want you can just visit or listen or watch or sing or play bass or rhythm or whatever you want to do.

Hope to see you there.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Thanks Mark for getting this together. I look forward to playing and more importantly making new friends. I can hardly wait until next Sunday rolls around. I hope this turns out to be a huge success.
Mark Greenway

Steel Guitar Club meeting

Post by Mark Greenway »

Hello Paul, I am so glad that you are looking forward to this gathering.I hope you like it, and thanks a lot for the support. You are a great player and I am looking forward to others seeing your talent.

I would like to see this turn into a steel guitar club that is interesting, educational and fun for everyone.. Thanks again and I will see you in Gainseville.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Just a reminder Sunday October 2,2011 at 2:00P.M. is the time for our first meeting. The building is located on South Weaver, one block south of California Street behind the Braums store. I am excited to be a part of this gathering. We are going to have a great time. Bless you Mark for getting this together.
Monty Montgomery

Post by Monty Montgomery »

I plan on being there!! Looking forward to meeting you, Mark and picking & listening (steeling) some new licks.......I can certainly use some new ones!!

Monty
Mark Greenway

North Dallas and Southern Oklahoma area Steel Guitar Club

Post by Mark Greenway »

Hey Monty, so glad to hear that you are going to make it. Mickey Adams said that he was going to try make it also. It looks like we may have a pretty good turn out for the first one.

Thanks a lot and I will see you there.
Ron Ross

headed south

Post by Ron Ross »

hi mark...im gonna try and make it.if the boss forgets about me for a day..and who knows..i may even bring my steel gueeeeeetar
"Kick'er off there Wichita"
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Well it looks like My girl Susan and I will be flying in this afternoon and hanging out!!!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Mark Greenway

Mickey

Post by Mark Greenway »

That is great news. I know that everyone will be happy to see you. If the courtesy car is not available at the airport, call or text me and we will pick you guys up.

Thanks again for your support.

Mark
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

UP !!!
Red and i will be there also, we need to support this so look forward to seeing and meeting new and old steel friends!!! :D :D
Mark Greenway

David Wright

Post by Mark Greenway »

Awesome. Totally Awesome.

Thanks so much David.

Suzan and I will see you and Red in Gainesville.

Here is my number if you need anything: 903 267 3700
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Mark please text me your phone number to 214-334-3582!!...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Red and I had a great time, nice turn out and some great music, thanks to mark & Suzan for taking the time and effort to put this on, see ya on the next one!!

Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Thanks David for the pictures and most of all for coming and playing. You are a superb player. It was so nice to meet all the guys there and look forward to the future meetings.
Mark Greenway

Thank you David Wright

Post by Mark Greenway »

David, thanks so much for coming to our first one. I am hoping the next one is even better. Thanks for posting these pictures for all of us. You are a super nose picker, I mean a steel picker, and a great guy with a beautiful redheaded girlfriend that can sing sing sing.

Thanks so much
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Sure am sorry I missed you guys!..My airplane ios STILL in the shop...Hopefully next time Ill preflight the day before!!...
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Hey Mickey, We hate that you were not able to come up for the meeting. Hope you get the plane going. However, if you could drive up sometime we sure would not mind. Just kidding about the driving. Hopefully you can make the next one.
Mark Greenway

Mickey

Post by Mark Greenway »

Mickey, I agree with Paul. We missed you. Sure wish you could have been there. Thank you for putting forth the effort. I did receive your text telling me that the plane wouldn't start. I am going to start putting together another one, and I will let you know as soon as I get that done.

Thanks so much
Mark Greenway

David Alexander pic

Post by Mark Greenway »

Hey David, we can't leave you out of the line-up, so here is a pic of you at the gathering. Thanks so much for coming. I know that you had just gotten off the bus playing the night before with Doug Stone, and I so much appreciate you showing up after being up all night long.

Thank you very much.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Mark, It looks like you all had a great steel jam. :D
Mark Greenway

Jam

Post by Mark Greenway »

Kenny, we did have a nice little jam, and I am planning to do it again and make it even better. Thanks to everyone that showed up, especially those that drove down from the Oklahoma City area.
Clinton Damron

Post by Clinton Damron »

I will watching for the next one and hopefully it won't be any kind of hunting season. Especially an opening weekend of archery season :D
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I have visited with a man from Ponder,Texas who goes to a Cowboy Church. Mark Greenway has given me permission to try and set up the next one in November. Bobby Stout is checking their calendar at church to see what dates would be available. As of right now the Sunday before Thanksgiving looks probable. Mark will post when we know for sure. One thing I failed to mention was a big "Thanks" to Dr. Herzog for playing drums at our first meeting. It was nice to have a doctor in the house just in case there were too many hot licks being played. Just kidding. Doc is a first class guy and loves to jam.