Jeffran music-no respond?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Egil Skjelnes

Jeffran music-no respond?

Post by Egil Skjelnes »

Hi.
I have tried to contact Jeffran music to buy a couple of Jeffs backing tracks CD`s,but no one answer-what`s up? Are they still in business?
Regards,Egil
Chris Tweed

Post by Chris Tweed »

I have the same problem. My email bounces back.

Chris
Bill Rowlett

Post by Bill Rowlett »

I just bought some picks from Fran a month or so ago. I used the (615) 470-5224 phone number.

Bill
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

Yeah you can't get hold of the son-in-law either "Stepping Stone Music" I sent in an order and a check months ago and I've heard nothing.
Alexander Rehfeld

Post by Alexander Rehfeld »

I already wrote three mails to Fran and got no response as well.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

I think you'll have better luck with the phone number than the email.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I just spoke with Fran Newman. She says that she is very much still in business but that email doesn't always work well where she is and that the best way to reach her is to call the phone number on the Jeffran website. For Egil, I guess that's a long-distance, international call.
Lynn Fargo

Post by Lynn Fargo »

I received an e-mail today from Fran after inquiring about some of Jeff's older courses which are not on the web site. I guess if she's having some e-mail problems, that's why she asked me to call with my home address so I can receive the printed catalog. The best news is "Music to Steel By" and others are still available!
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

Fran was at the ISGC in St. Louis this year. She had the full line of Jeffran products and a lot of new offerings with single tracks broken out with tab. I talked with her for awhile. She and her grandaughter were working their usual table outside the main hall. She is back in Nashville now and going strong best I can tell.
Christopher Fedak

Post by Christopher Fedak »

Stuart Legg wrote:Yeah you can't get hold of the son-in-law either "Stepping Stone Music" I sent in an order and a check months ago and I've heard nothing.
Yup, me too (Chordboards in my case, and a few weeks ago rather than months).
Walter Bowden

Post by Walter Bowden »

I talked to Fran a couple of days ago to get some thumb pics. She reported she is having some difficulty getting the plastic material for the Jeffran thumb pics but otherwise is happy to be back in Tennessee and sounds like its business as usual.

I would recommend just calling and talking to this great lady and steel guitar supporter.

Walter
Emmons S10, p/p, Nashville 112, Zion 50 tele style guitar, Gibson LP Classic w/Vox AC30, Fender Deluxe De Ville and a Rawdon-Hall classical
Egil Skjelnes

Post by Egil Skjelnes »

Hello.
Thanks to all for your replies. I will give Fran a call,seems like the email thing don`t work too well.Good to hear that she continues the work after Jeff.I took a class in 1978 at their school.and had a great time,they have also been to Norway several times,so I know her well.
Thanks again.
Bob Kagy

Post by Bob Kagy »

I'm looking for the thumbpicks too, mine are pretty much worn out. I spoke with her early in August by phone and got the same explanation that you got Walter. Hope they can come through in time. I sent an e-mail a week ago and didn't connect. I'll phone again in a few weeks.
b0b

Just spoke to Fran.

Post by b0b »

Our address:
Jeffran Music
415 Guethlein Drive
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee 37122

Office hours:
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time.
We also have a codaphone to take messages and orders when we are not in the office. We will call you back if you need answers to any questions.

Our number is 615-470-5224. Please call for questions or assistance about anything, or if you want to place an order or have questions about our courses. We accept Visa and Mastercard phone orders.

If you like you may also contact us with questions, comments, suggestions or orders at our SteelMail address fran@jeffran.com
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Fran is in business.......:)
b0b

Post by b0b »

Fran says that her email is unreliable out in the sticks where she lives, but you can always reach her by phone. She is still very much in business.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

And... Please give her your business. These great ladies like Fran and Jean Hughey didn't have to carry on their hubby's businesses, but chose to do so in the spirit of their late great husbands.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.