Close Please

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Kevin Bollivar

Close Please

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Just put a bought a Mullen pre RP SD-10 from Billy Carr..so I'm parting with this one.There is a slight ding in the front apron....and the usual little bar dings between the necks(nothing gross)just had a new switch installed also.It stays in tune extremely well,and doesn't break strings.Here are some pictures I took about 2 months ago.I am the third owner and the guitar was well looked after.The case is tattered and worn(shows use)but works just fine)I think one of the locks on the case is broke also.Only reason I'm selling,is I don't play c6Th.Pay Pal is fine,and here is a link in the forum to a page,when I had been asking for information on it.....turns out it came from Alberta Canada...read more in that forum.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 36#1792336
Last edited by Kevin Bollivar on 26 Aug 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CARTER SD10,77 SESSION 400,81 VEGAS 400 STEELER'S CHOICE SIDE KICK,GOODRICH L10K VOLUME,PETERSON STROBO HD,GOODRICH MATCHBOX 7A,GEORGE L CABLES,BJS BAR,NATIONAL PICKS
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

I can see the 8 pedals, but can't tell about the knees. What is the set up on levers. This sure is a pretty steel. L.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Thanks Larry,good point.....It has 4 Knee's and 8 pedals....You can make them out in a couple of the picture's,all pedals and levers are very smooth and free!!...it has a great sound as well.I just find I'm wanting to try other guitars as well.......sure hope I'm making the right decision :)
CARTER SD10,77 SESSION 400,81 VEGAS 400 STEELER'S CHOICE SIDE KICK,GOODRICH L10K VOLUME,PETERSON STROBO HD,GOODRICH MATCHBOX 7A,GEORGE L CABLES,BJS BAR,NATIONAL PICKS
Edward LeVasseur

Msa XL

Post by Edward LeVasseur »

What is the setup Emmons or Day Knee lever copedent
Shobud Ldg Shobud Pro 1 Carter Starter,Vegas 400, Nashville 400 Fender Deluxe Reverb Boss DD3 Holy Grail Reverb
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

It's Emmons set up Larry!!
Bill Moran

Post by Bill Moran »

I have a friend that has a Vintage XL. They have great tone and play well. This looks to be a very good buy ! :D :D
Bill
Dave O'Brien

Msa Xl

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Kevin - Unless you want a lighter guitar IMHO you will never find a better guitar than you have there. The only rival would be an Emmons push/pull for about $1200 more. Just sayin' ;-)
Dave O'Brien
Emmons D-10, CMI D-10, Fender Deluxe Reverb, PV 112, Fender Pro Reverb
www.myspace.com/daveobrienband
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

That's one of the reasons I'm selling Dave......while it is a beauty for sure...I am wanting a lighter guitar.I am also looking for a more refined brighter sound....so that is why,I'm gonna try the Mullen,like I say,I hope I'm making the right choice for me.I do appreciate your point of view though.This is one of the reasons I really enjoy being part of this forum,It's the help you recieve,when seeking advice,and the friendly folks that you get to know.Thanks a lot!!

Kevin :)

PEDALS DOWN AND FULL STEEL AHEAD!!
Steven Black

Msa Xl

Post by Steven Black »

Hello Kevin, are you takeing it to the steel guitar convention to try and sell? Steve B.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Hey Steve,
Thanks for asking,but no,I am no where's near there.I am in Nova Scotia Canada.....But for what it's worth Man,I would love to go BAAAAAAAD!!
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Not many blue MSA XL's around. Here's a super bargain for somebody. I especially like the C6th necks on XL's. Chalkerland is there. I recently had a D-12 XL. I rebuilt the E9th and removed the C6th neck. I can tell folks, that when these were built, early 80's, it was probably one of the best built guitars anywhere. No shortcuts. True craftmanship on every part.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Thanks Billy,You really know your stuff don't you!!Someday I would really like to know a lot of all the ins an outs when it comes to Steelin.....I'll just keep on watching an learning,and acting like a big old sponge,absorbing everything I can come into contact with!! :eek: :) :D :lol:
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Kevin, you will not be disappointed in the Mullen Guitar, I love mine. Like the looks of your MSA, just don't have the $$$$$ right now. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Thats good to know Larry.....it' Black too,guess I'll get even faster now :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steven Black

Msa Xl

Post by Steven Black »

Hello Kevin, I wish I could buy it, wish I knew what the shipping costs would be to Columbus Ohio.
Chris Brasher

Msa Xl

Post by Chris Brasher »

Kevin,

Please check your PM.

Thanks,

Chris Brasher
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Close this up....To many Low ballers,and shipping is an issue.Tell next time!!