georgeboards s-8 stealth?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Steve Benson

georgeboards s-8 stealth?

Post by Steve Benson »

Hello SGF. I'm about to pull the trigger on a georgeboards S-8 stealth. I've been working hard at C6 and want a solid great sounding hawaiian/jazz ax.
Instead of picking up a D-10 down the road.
They look great sound great online. Just wondering if I can get a sound off from any current owners.
I'm very sure sure this is the right way to go, but this forum helped me decide on Magnum built by the late great John F, as compared to a used mavrick.
Never have I been happier with a instrument. I'm only a working stiff and want to see what the SGF has to say. I believe it would be an honor to own one of these. My finger in on the trigger.
Thanks all
Carter-Magnum S10. Georgeboards S-8 Stealth. Chandler Lap. Peavey Powerslide. Bunch of mandolins. Sitar. Oud. All that and a bag of chips.
Steve Ahola

Post by Steve Ahola »

Pull the trigger! I did and it is definitely the classiest lap steel I own- I hope to live up to its potential someday.

Steve Ahola
Steve Benson

Post by Steve Benson »

Thanks Steve! Kind of you to reply. Can't wait to play some hawaiian on her. All the best.
Carter-Magnum S10. Georgeboards S-8 Stealth. Chandler Lap. Peavey Powerslide. Bunch of mandolins. Sitar. Oud. All that and a bag of chips.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

even though i have'nt played the Stealth, i did get my hands on one of his consoles & a single 8
George B steels are excellent steels Steve
you can't go wrong imo
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

As Arnold would say..."do it...do it now! :P

Steve, you won't be sorry. The Stealth is a wonderful guitar with some great tone and workmanship to match. :)
Blake Hawkins

Post by Blake Hawkins »

I don't own a Stealth, but my friend, Phil Bender does.
We have played many different jams together and I've
heard him play it through four or five different amps at various times.
The tone is always exceptional.
The instrument is as well built and good looking
as anyone could want.
Of course, Phil is an outstanding player and uses several different tunings for his wide variety of
music.
Its a great guitar you will be happy with it.
Steve Benson

Thanks all!

Post by Steve Benson »

Thanks all the trigger has been pulled. I can't afford this, but I can't afford not to : )
I want to thank all for the advice and offers on used guitars, but I've resolved to buy direct from the builder it may cost me a bit more but it's worth it for the steel guitar karma I gain. I would like all to know Mr Boards is 1st class all the way and has been amazing to deal with. I would like to keep this thread open for a time so others can talk about their experiences with these fine instuments.
All the best
Steve
Philip Bender

Stealth S8

Post by Philip Bender »

Aloha All,
First of all thanks Blake for the very kind words. As far as the Stealth goes, I have only played one guitar that sounded better, and that was my Excel T8. After adding the solid maple third neck, that guitar had the greatest tone and sustain, of any guitar I ever played including the Rick that Warren Slavin owns.
Go buy it!!
Phil
Bill Connet

stealth 8

Post by Bill Connet »

I bought a stealth last summer, and George was great to work with, delivered everything as promised, on time. The instrument is beautiful and sounds and plays great! Bill
Steve Benson

Non pedal is more fun than.....

Post by Steve Benson »

Hey all just wanted you to know... Mr Boards was very kind to send me free DVD lessons while I wait. Then he sent pics of the guitar in process. I've never had an instrument built for me. It's truly a great honor. He then sent some pics of the paint drying and a choice of fender fretboards and the stealth ones....I went stealth....Very very cool and a great buying experience. I highly suggest working with Mr Boards for your non-pedal needs. Now if he only made indian classical laps : )
Steve Ahola

Re: Non pedal is more fun than.....

Post by Steve Ahola »

Steve Benson wrote: He then sent some pics of the paint drying...
I understand that is what everybody does there for entertainment on Friday nights: watch paint dry. :lol:
Tom Pettingill

Re: Non pedal is more fun than.....

Post by Tom Pettingill »

Steve Ahola wrote:I understand that is what everybody does there for entertainment on Friday nights: watch paint dry. :lol:
Um ... you mean there is something better to do?? ;)

And congrads on your new steel Steve, Mr Boards makes a fine instrument!
Gwyneth Morgan

Post by Gwyneth Morgan »

Congrats on the Stealth!

I bought one a while ago before I took a bit of a musical detour (I've been plinking the uke a lot lately), and it's a truly gorgeous instrument with tone like a bell. Now that I've got over some of the hangups that were making steel so difficult for me to approach, I am really grateful for having this instrument.
George Piburn

Thanks for the Kind Words

Post by George Piburn »

Many Thank You's to every one for your comments.

Every Person in this thread is a genuine supporter of contemporary builders. Lap Steel Guitar needs more folk willing to pay in advance and wait for their instruments with the patience and faith that their "Princess" will Dance late at night when the light go low. :D
Ray Beck

My New Stealth

Post by Ray Beck »

My new deluxe stealth came in today. The workmanship is outstanding. The guitar is plays smooth, sounds great, and is the best lap steel I've played. The fret board has markers that are the image of the B2 Stealth - this is very special to me as I was engineering manager at Northrop during the early development of the B2. If you are considering purchasing a lap steel guitar, I give this one my highest recommendation. It has been pleasure to do business with George. :D