Goodrich Light operated pedal

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Erik Sears

Goodrich Light operated pedal

Post by Erik Sears »

I'm a brand newbee. I'm trying to gear up and got a "deal" on an old Goodrich light operated VP. It seems to be all there, but I'd like to make it 100%. I've searched here and found some contact info for Goodrich, but I'm getting "the number you have reached....." message. I'd like to know what bulb it takes, so I can get a spare, and it needs new feet, which I'm sure can be generic. Has anyone dealt with them recently? I'd like to get this thing fired up; I've read a lot of good feedback about them.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

from what i understand Erik, that model is'nt made anymore & Goodrich does not service them
if you want a product that is backed up by the builder, you can get a Hilton
now if you got mucho $$$, go for Telonics
otherwise, the standard Goodrich 120 pot pedal has been a mainstay
Bob Moss

Bulb number

Post by Bob Moss »

The bulb in my goodrich model 6402 Pedal is S757.
Should be a standard number.
hope that helps.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Is this the stereo model? I had a lot of trouble with that one in studios. But I have two 120s, one modded with the resistor so the treble doesn't bleed off. Love them!
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Those bulbs used to be available at auto parts stores and were the same as what used to be used as interior lights in cars- cost a couple of bucks.
Erik Sears

Post by Erik Sears »

Thanks for the info on the bulb. I was hoping to get some more info from Goodrich on the optical light letter inner thingy that allows light into the CDS cells. this one looks pretty shady, and I thought maybe I could replace it. Also, this dude was only about half assembled when I bought it. I think I got her back together right, but I'm not completely convinced.
This is not the stereo version BTW. It's the one with the tone pot on the side.