another string questioni

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jerry Lofton

another string questioni

Post by Jerry Lofton »

I've been thinking about trying the cobra steel guitar strings.any body tried them and what do you think of them compared to other good brands? thank you for your input.
Gary Cosden

Post by Gary Cosden »

I personally like them a lot. Maybe just a little more than Jagwires. They sound a lot closer to stainless steel then nickle and seem to last longer than anything else I have ever tried.
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

I have been using Cobras for a couple of years and love them.The tone lasts for a long time,in fact I really do not hear any deterioration in the tone and they do last a lot longer than other brands I have tried.
Billy
Dana Blodgett

another string question

Post by Dana Blodgett »

I've been using them for about a year now and like them a lot! I've been told by a prominent Nashville player that Cobra Coils makes strings for George L's/same thing. They seem to last a long time and hold their tone.
Dana Blodgett
From Los Osos,Ca.
'74 ShoBud 6140 3+4, Martins HD28,D-12-28, D-15,'65 Gibson LG-1, '77 Gibson Les Paul special dbl cut p-90's, Les Paul Special p-100's,Les paul Special Hybrid(maple top) hbkr's,'68 Fender Strat reissue, Fender Squire Jazz bass,Epi mandolin,Epi Wilshire '66 reissue, Kamaka Concert uke, 70's Kamaka Soprano Uke, Fender Super amp, Ampeg ba112 bass amp,60's harmony banjo,'00 Gibson SG Supreme
Mike Schwartzman

Post by Mike Schwartzman »

I'm currently using Jagwires, but I've used Cobra Coils in the past, and I would use them again. Excellent strings IMO. Can't go wrong with either brand.
Emmons Push Pull, BMI, Session 400, Home of the Slimcaster Tele.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

same as Mike, even though i use Jagwires, i really liked Cobra Coils
Quality strings that do sound good & are durable
Thanx Bobbe :mrgreen:
Chuck Roach

Post by Chuck Roach »

I have used them for several years and really like them. They retain their tone a long time and very rarely break. I have a GFI and a Sho Bud I use them on and they sound great on both guitars.
Ray McCarthy

Post by Ray McCarthy »

I've been using them on my Derby for a couple of years now. I like the tone better than anything else I've tried, and, although I do change them now and then, I always feel like I'm throwing away perfectly good strings.
Dan Blaisdell

Post by Dan Blaisdell »

I've used Cobra Coil E9 Premiums for a year or so. As others have said here, they sound great, the tone lasts a very long time, and they rarely break. When bought in bulk they're reasonably priced too. The only brand in the local music store is D'Adarrio, but they can't touch CC.
GFI Ultra SD10 3+4,[Sarno Black Box], Hilton VP, Zoom MS-50, Special 130, Walker cases, Cobra Coil strings/bar, Not enough time.