Lock up your daughters :)

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

John Davis

Lock up your daughters :)

Post by John Davis »

At least the ones that are over 55 yrs old Image
I figure its time I had a vacation in the USA before more body parts drop off and the eyes get even dimmer, so if any of my forum bro`s have the coffee pot on between Toronto and the Alamo, and would like to play some steel, I would be pleased to hear from you. I get into Toronto on the 2nd Sep.Have to visit Tommy Cass and pick up my steel then I`m making for Texas via motel 6
Sounds crazy does`ent it? Back to England 1st.October Image
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Hi, John!

I'm sorry to see that I won't be on your route ('though coffee's always on at Rettig Towers!) and I won't get to meet you this time around.

Actually, I'll be returning home to Florida from Medora, North Dakota (after a 16 week-long gig), on September 4th, so it's possible we'll pass each other on some remote Interstate.

What's the 'new' guitar you're getting?

Are you still doing gigs with Sandy? I'd like an e-mail address for her if you have it.

Anyway - 'Bon Voyage', and travel safely!

Best,

Roger R.
Chris Spencer

Post by Chris Spencer »

If Nashville is on your route and I'll be it is let me know I'd be glad to buy you a Black & Tan. In 1998 I went to a pub in Cambridge called the Eagle I believe. Have a great trip.
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Hi Roger,sandypromotionsireland@eircom.net
there you go...... I am hopeing to meet up with Jim Walker in Pensacola at some time..is that anywhere near you??
68 bolt on EmmonsD10 its a keeper...
Hi Chris,Yep I gotta go to Nashville see if Mr Seymours got any freebees Imageand yes theres more pubs in Cambridge than you can shake a stick at! If you email me a phone number I will phone when I`m getting close Image
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

John

What date do you imagine you'll be in Nashville? I'm going that way myself on my trek home - I stopped at Bobbe's on my way out here, so it's only right that I pester him on my way back, too! (I'll see if he's put my picture up yet!) I may be there 6th or 7th - who knows? It may work out. My cell phone number is: 917-701-8978. Please call me when you know how your schedule's going!

A '68? What colour? I guess they're a pretty good deal in UK funds right now...

Pensacola is in the FL Panhandle and Naples couldn't be further away down in the SW corner on the Gulf Coast.
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Roger,
I don`t know how long it will take me to get to Nashville I`ve got to get a set of wheels sorted out in Toronto first and I have several coffee stops lined up along the way...... I reckon close on mid September but I will give you a call when I get over there.....really looking forward to it Image
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

John, Come visit us in "GOD's COUNTRY", "ALABAMA" . "Allmost Heaven, Alabama, Pretty Mountains, low valleys" We even have some very pretty nice ladies also. Shucks, Our "First Lady" is Mrs. Laney Hicks herself. Come visit "THE ALABAMA GANG" You might not just ever return to merry ole England.
Bill
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

John,

Too far for a steel player to travel so close to Labor Day weekend and not be in St. Louis, at Scotty's ISGC, on or about 9/1.

------------------
HagFan

John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Well thank you kindly Mr.Cook If you would like to email me a phone number I will surely give you a call when I get that far south and maybe you could steer me to the coffee pot? (its gonna be a long drive)

Ron, I know I`ve done it all wrong and St.Louis is where its at Image but I should have done this trip years ago when my brain still worked!! Image
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

John, Check your mail. I sent you my number, but, ain't gonna send you our "First Lady" Laney's number. Russ may not take too kindly to that. The welcome mat is set. "THE ALABAMA GANG" will take good care of you during your visit. You just may not want to leave!!!!
Bill