Jugtown Steel Guitar Club Meeting this Sunday!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Simmons

Jugtown Steel Guitar Club Meeting this Sunday!

Post by Bill Simmons »

This Sunday - August 13 - is "The Jugtown Steel Guitar Club Meeting" in Gardendale, Alabama...easy to get to from I-65.

It's from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (or later) at the Gardendale Masonic Lodge building, 536
Decatur Highway, Gardendale, AL. There are a good number of super steel players; singers; guitarists; and folks who just enjoy listening to some great music and having a fun time meeting new and old friends!

Call "Charlie" for more information at(205)
601-9954. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Bill Hamner

Post by Bill Hamner »

I am surprised no-one tagged this thread and commented.It was a fun day in Jugtown Sunday afternoon.I hesitate to begin listing names because I will probably leave someone out and that would be bad. Heard some great vocals from our regulars, Calvin,Brenda,Leon,Gail,Skip,& Dennis. featuring some teriffic Steel.We also had a surprise couple in the audience who graciously answered our request for a couple of numbers. These 2 strangers Image have apparently performed on stage before!!. Tyler Hall announced as the day came to a close that he had a terrific idea Image for a good spin on "Under Your Spell again". Bill Cook and crew You will probably hear him humming the tune all the way to St. Louis. This is all I am going to say about the day or the excellent performances. Well, heck, I guess having Bob Simmons with us two meetings in a row is newsworthy. Bill,Ricky,Tyler and Dennis all there on steel to keep him honest. As usual, great bass Luther. but don't let having a drumer sitting in spoil you.Jugtown members If you want to know more about what you are missing ,just be there next meeting.. Things are picking up!!!!
And hey, non-members are welcome to come visit every 2nd. Sunday afternoon. Perform or watch&listen....your choice. <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bill Hamner on 16 August 2006 at 07:12 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jack W. Williams

Post by Jack W. Williams »