Videos from Livingston, LA.

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Harrell

Videos from Livingston, LA.

Post by Danny Harrell »

Here are some videos from our Tribute to HEE HAW show at the Country and Gospel Jubilee. We really had a lot of fun doing this. I hope you enjoy the videos.

http://youtu.be/c8VaC8HRJWQ

http://youtu.be/BRSadjxcbvo

http://youtu.be/OQAO6_zm9LA

http://youtu.be/AadOoWQV_7I
Charlie Moore

Show

Post by Charlie Moore »

Danny my boy,you got it going on my friend,proud of them kids I know..When do you have your show? we might try to come see youn's,buy the way you sounded GREAT( as usual)..e mail me some time...c ya..
Charlie...
Use it up,wear it out,make it do,or do without.....
Randy Blackwell

vids

Post by Randy Blackwell »

HEY Danny, great job, good tunes. That ole 'worn out' Emmons as you say, just sounds too dang good... U da man!!!!!
Billy Carr
Restricted

music

Post by Billy Carr »

Hey Danny, great job. That Emmons has a super tone/sustain. Of course, the picker has a little to do with it! Enjoyed all of the vocals also. You don't take a backseat to anyone! Heck of a picker! See ya!
Royce Tarver

Post by Royce Tarver »

It just seems to me I've heard some of those steel
licks before......somewhere. Great job my man.
billy tam

Post by billy tam »

Danny, Those videos just keep getting better and better. Fine work by everyone. By the way your impersonation of Junior Samples was spectacular! :o
keep um coming,
Billy
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I appreciate it coming from great players like yall. That ole Emmons sounds a little better since you worked on it Randy! To all you GREATS like Billy Carr, Bill Tamm, my teacher Royce Tarver, Randy Blackwell, and the ole pro himself, Charlie Moore, thanks again for the compliments. I appreciate it. Billy, say hello to Glenda from Brenda and I. We are looking forward to the next show in Gulfport. Hopefully I can steal some of your runs and licks Billy!!!
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

I'm impressed everytime I listen to some of these videos. The tone of that Emmons is right up there with some of the best I've ever heard. When I say, "Best I've ever heard", that means folks like Tommy White, Paul Franklin, John Hughey and a host of the players from Texas! Danny Harrell is there in this class of pickers. No doubt! Plus he's a nice fellow with a beautiful wife that can sing! Keep up the excellent work, buddy!
Royce Tarver

Post by Royce Tarver »

It is impossible to find a better tone combo than the Emmons single-coil pickups and an Evans amp in my view. Of course the picker has a lot to do with it too. I listen to the videos over and over and I never cease to be impressed with the way you cut through the muck and the mire with that clean clear tone. I am very proud of you Danny and to use a previously spoken line: "You Da Man!"
Royce
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

I'm impressed Danny.....great tone...and great pickin!
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Thanks guys for the compliments. I really appreciate it. Billy, I am humbled that you would include me in that group of players. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the videos. Thanks to each of you again. PS Billy - Brenda said thanks for the compliment, she thought it was sweet! Say hello to Glenda for us.