1974 Emmons D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar with hard case

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Robert Jolowski

1974 Emmons D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar with hard case

Post by Robert Jolowski »

1974 Emmons D-10 Pedal steel guitar with hard case. Great condition!! Owner had an "open checkbook" policy when it came to maintaining this instrument. Awesome sound with that classic Emmons "cry". Asking $2800 obo. Payment by certified check or money order. Buyer pays for shipping via UPS.
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

What's with the extra pickup on the top neck?
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Robert Jolowski

Good question!! It looks like the previous owner got an ideaa to add a second pickup (probably from someone here on this forum). Anywho, it's not permanently attached, looks like a small piece of two-sided tape was holding it down. In fact it's loose but I didn't want to take it off since someone might find a use for it. The owner made sure this thing was 100% perfect mechanically...if it was even close to questionable he had it fixed immediately.
Cheers!
Rob
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

what are those pickups on it? does it come with the original emmons pickups?
Robert Jolowski

I believe he had them replaced, but I cannot say for sure. A close friend of his thinks he did. I have a receipt from 6/28/07 where he sent it to Virginia to be restrung, adjust and repair the pedalboard. I can get some closer pics of the pickups if you'd like, maybe that will help.
Cheers!
Rob
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Looks like BL 705s or 710s
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

The pickups are not Lawrence 705's - 705's have a blade instead of individual pole-pieces.

These look like 710's. 910's have only a single row of poles (I'm staring at a pair right now.)
Robert Jolowski

Dave,
I believe you are correct. I looking the paperwork on a repair made some time ago (...this guy kept ALL of his receipts). It appears that the E-9 pickup on the outside neck was cutting out, there's a note on the repair sheet "replace pick ups w/ Larence 710?" Knowing the open checkbook policy the owner had he probably directed that both be replaced.
Hope this helps..,
Cheers!
Rob