Any PSG players in central Illinois (Peoria) area?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Richard Keller

Any PSG players in central Illinois (Peoria) area?

Post by Richard Keller »

I would like to contact other players in the Peoria area that might want to get together and play PSG occasionally.

I work at Caterpillar in Peoria and live in Deer Creek, IL. Have not been playing PSG very long, but I really like it and would like to meet other area players.

So, how about it?
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

The memberlist shows Larry Hutchison in Peoria. It's a bit of a hump but Joe Fortune and Gary Sill are in Springfield, I think, and Lyle Clary in Decatur.
Paul Wade

psg players

Post by Paul Wade »

you might want to check this site out.

p.w
http://southernillinoisproductions.com/index.html
Larry Hutchison

Post by Larry Hutchison »

Hi Richard. There is also Tim Harr, I believe East Peoria, Janice Zilm East Peoria, Kenny Decker in Springfield.
Larry Hutchison, Marlen D-10 8 x 7, Peavey Sessions 500(2) and Peavey Nashville 400
Don Hinkle

Post by Don Hinkle »

I live down in Springfield - there are a few players around here and some events that you might enjoy going to.
Drop me a pm or email and I will try to get you connected to the Springfield scene - I dont know much about Peoria though.
btw - Kenny Decker plays every Saturday night at the "Petersburg" opry. Petersburg is prolly about an hour from Deer Creek.
I may be going this Saturday since I am not working myself.

Don
Emmons Legrande III SD10
Emmons Legrande III D10
Session 400
Fender guitars
Fender amps
Charles Pompe

Peoria Steelers

Post by Charles Pompe »

I live in Oquawka, IL which isn't all that close. My Son John works at cat and I visit on occasion. Might be nice to combine a trip or just get together and Pick some time.

Charlie Pompe
2005 Carter D-10,2009 Rains D-10, Session 500,Nashville 400,Nashville 112,1965 Vega Scruggs 5-String Banjo, Martin D-40, Gibson J-50
Scott Rexroad

Post by Scott Rexroad »

Richard, I am from Streator and play with a band called Spring Creek Station in Peoria. We just did the Red White and Boom show on the river on the 4th. Wish I caught this post of yours earlier, I would have contacted you to meet up there. Talk soon....
Ken Adkins

Post by Ken Adkins »

Hey Scotty, How are you doing? Long time no see. Are you playing steel now days? Send me an e-mail
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

Scott
Let me know the next time your band is playing in the Peoria area, and I will come and meet you!
Richard
Scott Rexroad

Post by Scott Rexroad »

Sure will Richard
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II S10
Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Session 2000
1985 G&L Broadcaster
Ken Adkins

Post by Ken Adkins »

Scott, Is Don's music in Streater still around?
Scott Rexroad

Post by Scott Rexroad »

Ken, I know he closed up the store. Not sure if he's active in buying and selling still or not
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II S10
Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Session 2000
1985 G&L Broadcaster
George Rozak

Post by George Rozak »

Ken Adkins wrote:Scott, Is Don's music in Streater still around?
That would be Don Howe I'm thinking... aka Windy... Bought a Sho-Bud Professional from him in 1970 when he operated out of the basement of his home. Still have it BTW...
Sho-Bud: Professional & Fingertip
Ken Adkins

Post by Ken Adkins »

George Rozak wrote:
Ken Adkins wrote:Scott, Is Don's music in Streater still around?
That would be Don Howe I'm thinking... aka Windy... Bought a Sho-Bud Professional from him in 1970 when he operated out of the basement of his home. Still have it BTW...
Yes thats right, I lived in Granville Il at the time and bought a new sho bud pro 2 from him in 78. Sold it a couple years ago. Scott and I worked together in Joliet for a while.
George Rozak

Post by George Rozak »

Ken Adkins wrote: Yes thats right, I lived in Granville Il at the time and bought a new sho bud pro 2 from him in 78. Sold it a couple years ago. Scott and I worked together in Joliet for a while.
Ken... Did you ever run into a steel player by the name of Dusty Nall when you worked in Joliet? He was a good friend of mine.
Ken Adkins

Post by Ken Adkins »

George Rozak wrote:
Ken Adkins wrote: Yes thats right, I lived in Granville Il at the time and bought a new sho bud pro 2 from him in 78. Sold it a couple years ago. Scott and I worked together in Joliet for a while.
Ken... Did you ever run into a steel player by the name of Dusty Nall when you worked in Joliet? He was a good friend of mine.
George, That name Dusty does ring a bell. Seems like he had a session 500 amp.This would have been in the mid 80s. Ken
George Rozak

Post by George Rozak »

Ken Adkins wrote:
George Rozak wrote:
George, That name Dusty does ring a bell. Seems like he had a session 500 amp.This would have been in the mid 80s. Ken
Dusty used a Session 500 for many, many years, so maybe you did run in to him back then. One distinctive thing about him is his A & B pedals were not side by side, so he needed both feet on them & couldn't use a volume pedal - used his little finger on the volume control knob to control his volume instead.
Sho-Bud: Professional & Fingertip
Scott Major

PSG players in Central Illinois

Post by Scott Major »

Richard, I am a pedal steel learner from Decatur but I do know a couple of names in our area. Besides Lyle Clary in Decaturour, Jim Waddington is in Latham, illinois and Gary Sill is actually in the Mt, Zion, Illinois area.
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

Hi Scott, nice to hear from you. I have found a great player in East Peoria whose name is Jay Thompson. We get together a couple times a month and play. I really enjoy it. I do not go to Decatur very often, but maybe I could call you next time I am going there.
What kind of guitar and amp do you have?