Video From The Grant Parish Opry

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Charlie Moore

Video From The Grant Parish Opry

Post by Charlie Moore »

Video of The Grant Parish Opry, Dry Prong, LA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0-ndkRp0uM
Use it up,wear it out,make it do,or do without.....
billy tam

dry prong

Post by billy tam »

Charlie, That lady can sing. Steel sounded great. Are Gene and the boys the regular band there and are you with them all the time now? Tell them I said hello the next time you see them. By the way, in the next video that comes up how did you get all your angels up there @ the same time? Now that takes talent. Keep um coming.
Billy
Charlie Moore

opry

Post by Charlie Moore »

Thanks Billy,that is my daughter singing Ga. rain..
Yes that is my regular band that i work with,The Gene King Band,yea that old Mullen Is hard to beat,bet you never thought you would hear me say that!!c ya soon...Charlie...
Royce Tarver

Post by Royce Tarver »

Hard to believe that good of a sound could be local. If I could sing like that I wouldn't have to lug around this heavy *%#@# steel guitar.
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Great singer, great group!
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Charlie Moore

Opry

Post by Charlie Moore »

Thanks Guys,My daughter sprong that song on us,but I work with a GREAT band and had it down..
Yea Royce,them guitars are killing me as well,but God I love it when the family is involved..C ya soon Royce I hope...Charlie...
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Hey Charlie, great job my friend. Your daughter has a great voice and and that is a really nice song. As ususal, your steel work was perfect! You still have that "tone" that everyone is looking for, especially me! Every time I hear you, you just keep getting better and better. Looks like yall have a great show. Maybe we can get up your way sometime and attend your show. Maybe you could show me a few things while we're there. Take care.
Charlie Moore

Opry

Post by Charlie Moore »

Boy you sure know how to make a old has been steel player feel good,man if I played as good as you I would go to ALL them steel shows and show out!!!,but I thank you anyway my buddy,and yes I am so proud of my daughters they help me keep on going Lord knows I need to retire..C ya my friend and I do mean friend..
Charlie...
Royce Tarver

Post by Royce Tarver »

I didn't know you had moved the second Sat. to the fourth Sat. I came to see you and wound up over in Natchez at the other show. Had fun anyway. Now I got to go back in 2 weeks to Ferriday.
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Hey Charlie.....fabulous song....from a very talented lady.....Your steel work was great....that Mullen did sound good, too......I love my Mullen..
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Royce,man I am so sorry about that,we did change the date for sure,but there won't be another show till the forth sat.in August,none in July...of course we are in Winnsboro,La. the 3rd saturday...

Thanks Hal,yea thats one of them Moore Girls,that song I LOVE also"killer tune",well I'm glad you liked the tone them Mullen are hard to beat and Lord knows how I love an Emmons..thanks guys c ya soon..Charlie..
Steve Green

Post by Steve Green »

Royce Tarver wrote:I didn't know you had moved the second Sat. to the fourth Sat. I came to see you and wound up over in Natchez at the other show. Had fun anyway. Now I got to go back in 2 weeks to Ferriday.
Royce,
Glad you were able to make it to our show in Natchez. Also glad you had fun. Hope you can make it back again sometime.

If our show and the Gene King show in Ferriday weren't on the same night, I'd love to go check it out.
Charlie Moore

Opry

Post by Charlie Moore »

Steve,we changed it( Ferriday) to the 4th sat.,so now we can go see everybody,lookin forward to meeting you...Charlie.
Royce Tarver

Post by Royce Tarver »

O.K. coming into Winnsboro from the South on #425, where do I go when I get into town?
Charlie Moore

Winnsboro

Post by Charlie Moore »

Third traffic light turn right go about 100 yds,can't miss it The Princess Theater,c ya there..
Charlie...