**New Bethel Steel Guitar**

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Terry Bethel

**New Bethel Steel Guitar**

Post by Terry Bethel »

This is a brand new 2002 model guitar. This was the last guitar built by Dick Miller for Bethel Steel Guitars shortly before his passing and placed under the bed by his widow Kaye. This guitar was under the bed for 9 years and never touched. The guitar has got more playing time on it at my house the last few weeks than it's ever had, and that's not much. It's a black mica D-10, 8 & 5 standard emmons setup.It has ball bearings on all cross shafts and on each side of the floor pedals. This is a Bethel Steel Guitar, plays very smooth and the stops are very positive. It has George L Eon pickups which was the pickup choice for the Bethel Steel Guitar. This is a new steel at a used price. In todays market it would cost $4000.00 to build it. You can buy it for $3500.00 plus shipping.
Terry Bethel
Bethel Steel Guitars
Last edited by Terry Bethel on 14 Jun 2011 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Bump for Mr. B. This is a really great guitar. I played it when he first got it from Dick's widow. It really sounds and plays awesome. Someone needs to buy this one before I do. It's a lot of guitar for the money.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

That guitar is very similar to the black Bethel D 10 that my late friend Todd Kapegian owned... Todd loved that guitar, and was so very proud to own it. I had the honor of playing it.
Bethel steels are extremely rare, and IMHO are among the best designed and built steels ever made. The impeccable workmanship on a Bethel is beyond description. My jaw dropped to the floor when I first laid eyes on the undercarriage. It made the more "mass produced" and better known steels seem cheap and chintzy in comparison... The Bethel played beautifully and sounded amazing. It was simply the finest steel I have ever played, bar none.
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Bethel steels are extremely rare, and IMHO are among the best designed and built steels ever made. The impeccable workmanship on a Bethel is beyond description. My jaw dropped to the floor when I first laid eyes on the undercarriage. It made the more "mass produced" and better known steels seem cheap and chintzy in comparison... The Bethel played beautifully and sounded amazing. It was simply the finest steel I have ever played, bar none.
Yes, lets have some under the hood shots.
:o
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Bob, you are absolutely right about the Bethels. The underside of these guitars are still way ahead of some builders. Would you believe I took pictures of this guitar for Terry last week and didn't take any pics of the bottom? :roll: I can't believe I forgot!

This guitar is a great example of what a Bethel guitar should be. I've had my hands on several of Terry's guitars and this one is one of the best. I'm trying really hard not to buy it, but it's awful tempting.
Terry Bethel

Undercarriage

Post by Terry Bethel »

Curt,
I am a computer dummy. When Tyler Hall came (HOME) to visit he took pictures and uploaded them for me. He didn't take any undercarriage pictures. The ball bearings are there just hard to see. It has 12 or 13 hole bell cranks(I later went to 14 hole bell cranks).
The steel can be balanced up as good as you want it to be. I didn't change anything under the steel because I didn't think it needed it.
It plays so smooth and the stops are positive.
I edited the text above the pictures to let you know the pickup's and etc.
Thanks for giving the Bethel Steel Guitar a look,
Terry Bethel
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Tommy Wayne

Bethel Steel

Post by Tommy Wayne »

Hi Terry,

I wanted to know if there are any parts available for these guitars.

Thanx,
TW
Terry Bethel

Bethel Guitars

Post by Terry Bethel »

Tommy,
Yes parts are available. With the ball bearings everywhere we could put them, you shouldn't need much.
I will stand behind these guitar as long as anyone out there has one.
Terry Bethel
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com

Jan Viljoen

Bethel

Post by Jan Viljoen »

Terry,

Just curious, what will the postage to South Africa be?
Did Dick also build single necks?

I like this guitar :)
Sierra S10, Stage One, Gibson BR4, Framus, Guya 6&8, Hofner lap, Custom mandolins, Keilwerth sax.
Roland Cube 80XL, Peavey112-Valve King and Special, Marshall 100VS.
Terry Bethel

Jan

Post by Terry Bethel »

I have no Idea how much it would cost to ship to South Africa. You could find out there easier then I could here.
The Steel would be boxed heavily and would probably weigh 70 pounds in the shipping carton. The guitar does not weigh that much, just when you add everything the shipping company adds to it, it would be about 70 pounds.
I have to go back out of town this Monday and will be gone one week. If you can let know by then I would appreciate it,
Terry Bethel
Bethel Steel Guitars
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com

John Drury

Post by John Drury »

Terry,

You wouldn't by chance be heading to Nashville would you?
John Drury
NTSGA #3

"Practice cures most tone issues" ~ John Suhr
Terry Bethel

Nashville

Post by Terry Bethel »

I am not headed there fo a while. Did you want to try it or something?

Terry Bethel
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com

John Drury

Post by John Drury »

Are you bringing it with you? I am interested.
John Drury
NTSGA #3

"Practice cures most tone issues" ~ John Suhr
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Terry, you make real nice sounding and playing steel. Top notch tone. I tried one of your guitars in Steel Guitar Nashville years ago. I have also heard you play live on T.V. Very nice guitar. Dick Miller also did oustanding work. This is a real find.
Mark Nohren

undercarriage

Post by Mark Nohren »

Hey Terry,
Where can I see the underside of one of these guitars? Thanks, Mark
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

I havent seen this guitar but I have played Terry's guitar. The Bethel guitars play and sound great! You can't go wrong with a Bethel, Dick Miller was a great builder...
Jerry Pansier

Post by Jerry Pansier »

Hey folks,these steels are totally among one the best steel guitars ever. I had Dick Miller build one for me when I worked in Branson. To this day I have played that guitar every day for the last 9 years and still love it.I also play an 07 Mullen guitar that is also an awesome guitar.I would recommend that steel to anyone who wants a first class steel guitar.The ball bearings make it smooth and solid as a rock.Someone better jump on this one.And yes Terry will stand behind this guitar 100%.
Terry Bethel

Bethel Steel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Thanks to all of you who had comments about the Bethel Steel Guitars. This one is indeed one of the finest sounding and playing Bethel's that Dick ever Built.
I wish someone would jump on this before I put it back in the case for another 9 years( just kidding) maybe a couple of years.
Terry Bethel
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com

Rex Thomas

Post by Rex Thomas »

Check your PM, Terry.
Thankew!
Mark Nohren

is this pedal steel for sale

Post by Mark Nohren »

Hey Terry,
I have submitted a post and an email. I am very interested in this GUITAR. Thanks

Mark
Terry Bethel

Mark

Post by Terry Bethel »

The steel is still for sale.
If you want to talk 417-335-2088
Terry Bethel
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com