for recee anderson msa ser# number

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul Wade

for recee anderson msa ser# number

Post by Paul Wade »

recee.
there is a forum member on her that would like your
help.he just got a used msa sd-12 from his uncle and needs some info on the guitar. ser#2C4867

thank you
p.w :)
Paul Wade

Post by Paul Wade »

ttt
Reece Anderson

Post by Reece Anderson »

Hi Paul,

Serial number 2C4867 shows to be a gold color double 12 which left the factory with 8 pedals and 5 knee levers. It was originally shipped to a man named Wayne Cox. The specific date of completion was not entered into record, however they do indicate it was completed in July of 1975.
Derek DiLaura

MSA Double 12

Post by Derek DiLaura »

Thanks Reece...........I own it and it's now a single 12 with six pedals and five knee levers.
The finish is a laquered curly maple with an inlay around the outside of it, beautiful finish.

Thanks again for your help!
Been playing banjo for about 5 years, a newbee at the 6 string lap steel. I'm never going to be as good as I want to be at either, just keep plugging away.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Derek, the orginal owner (Wayne Cox) is a very fine player. I have an album he did with Johnny Cox on twin steels which is very nice. Wayne used to be on the Forum but I haven't seen him post in quite a while........JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Derek DiLaura

MSA Classic

Post by Derek DiLaura »

Thank you, I don't know the man & he isn't my Uncle. I presumed my Uncle bought it new however, it's apparent he didn't.
I can't confirm it because my Aunt doesn't know but best guess is my Uncle bought it from him as I know he had it not long after it was made...
Been playing banjo for about 5 years, a newbee at the 6 string lap steel. I'm never going to be as good as I want to be at either, just keep plugging away.