As a consumer............my suggestion is......

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Ray Anderson

As a consumer............my suggestion is......

Post by Ray Anderson »

I am a newbie and I need access to materials and am willing to purchase such to further my knowledge base. I would think that you could sell more if the product was more readily available and as we all know people buy on spur of the moment decisions and when they buy something they want to go home with it in hand. So why don't more of the venders offer DOWNLOADS of their wares? I would be more apt to buy if this were the case. JMHO :(
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

My instructional material is all downloads. I've found that a lot of folks have really warmed up to the idea, and many of our more seasoned members who were reluctant to try it in the past are beginning to embrace it. The object is to make the user experience as friendly as possible, and this something that is always evolving.

Sometimes there is a problem with connection stability, too. For instance, some of downloads are quite large, and if the user doesn't have a high speed connection, they may end up with an unusable download, because it's not complete. In that case, someone lets me know, and I have plan B and C, if necessary.
Ray Anderson

Downloads

Post by Ray Anderson »

Now that's what I'm talking about, I'm considered a dinosaur or even ancient by friends and family but there comes a time when you have to move up. So come on people get with the times.LOL :whoa: :whoa:
Bruce Etter

Post by Bruce Etter »

Ray,

I sent you an e-mail.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

I too have made my projects available by email and soon to be by download.( it's a time thing ) There are many issues related to sending copyrighted music over the net by email and/or by download as well as the ability to receive downloads or emails with attachments. I have been sending projects over several emails and the clients have been agreeing not to share. It's not that it's a big deal but I do license the music and pay royalties, I just don't want Metallica or anyone else to assume there may be an illegal net activity with regard to copyrighted music sent over the net. EMAIL and/or downloads are the way of the future for learning materials, no doubt.

good thread...

t
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website