Carolina Steel Guitar Convention Belvedere SC

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Nicholson

Carolina Steel Show

Post by Bill Nicholson »

Look Forward to seeing everyone there....I took off my regular pickin job so I could JAM with all my SC and Ga. friends on Sat night. I've been practicing for Sunday's show but will still need a couple of my singer friends to help me out.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. I have a steel gig in Savannah tonight so I will see you guys early.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Austin Tripp

Post by Austin Tripp »

Im sorry I had to cancel Sunday, but my sister is about to have a baby! Her due date was Friday and shes been on monitors at the hospitial since. So pray that everything will go ok. Again, im sorry I had to cancel but ill make it up to everyone at the next show!!
"Hotrod"
Steel guitarist for Cody Jinks
Member CMA
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

Hey Jack!!!

I want to thank you guys so much for letting me come down and play the show!
I love the room and the sound in there is awesome!
Thanks to Bob, Roger and Steve for being the players and backing my sloppy picken up!

I had a blast and i want to say that it is about friends too me and all you guys have become great ones!!

Last, i want to thank Larry Moore, Bill Nicholson and Bill Cunningham for breaking me in as the new guys by standing around me while i stumbled all over "Hwy 40 Blues"!! :P
I was casually picken until you guys came on stage, then everything tighten up real fast!

Talk about pressure guys! Have those three awesome players walk on stage and watch you within a foot will make you play your best! :whoa:

Thx again and see all you guys in Saluda i hope!

P.S.
Larry, pay back can be a sweet thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Alonzo Walker

Post by Steve Alonzo Walker »

I agree! It was another great Steel show and everybody missed out by not being there! I want to add my thanks to all who put this great show together each time. Thanks also to the great backup band cause they make us sound good! It's good that we can have a place to get together to jam and also visit with friends we don't get to see that often. I'm looking forward to the next one!!!
Wendell Gurley

Thank You!

Post by Wendell Gurley »

To Jack and all connected with making this a great show, all who attended are indebted to you. You went out of your way to make everone feel special. The group of steel players were so good and the staff band were on top of everthing in their playing. To each and every one of the steel players that allowed me the opportunity to sing with you, I appreciate the honor you gave me in letting me share the stage with you. I look forward to getting to work with each of you again. Super place, music, food, friends---It just had to be a super show!!!!!!!!!
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

Great Show! So good to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks to Jack and everyone else involved for a job well done. A special thanks to the back up band, these guys really worked their tails off.The folks in the concession did a super job also, good food!

Those that didn't make it missed a real treat. I believe the next show is in Oct. so, when the date is posted be sure an mark your calendar.
Jack Burnside

Thank you for a great show

Post by Jack Burnside »

The Carolina Steel Show was a great success, due to the great steel players and quality staff band.
The Sat.night jam session started at 5:30pm and closed at 10:30pm.
Playing jam session Bill Nicholson,Bill Plemmons,Charlie Mitchell,Jack Conyers,Ray Charping,Roger Crawford,Jack Burnide,and Tommy Phillips new to the area but a very Profound player.
Backup musicans were Mike Sterling,Don Anderson,Roger Crawford,Gary Hart,JW Rumley Terry Rodgers,Frank Sandy,Walt Bartn MC
Vocals:Wendell Gurley,Terry Rodgers,Christy Lowe,Ernest Cawby,Jr.Widenier,Jerri Jackson.
I would like to give a very special thanks to Magdeling Widener,Jr.Widenr,Loranie Priester,Mirian Powell for all the hard work they did in the kitchen and snack bar the food was great very reasonabily priced.They worked all the long hours while we played and listen to the music.

The Sunday Show started with Christy Lowe singing the Nation Athem at 9:30 a church service conducted by Walt&Becky Barton and Tim Cadiere singing some gospel songs.
The steel show opened with Jason Rushton performing his 1st steel show and did a excellent set.Charlie Mitchell,Kenny Martin,LM English,Jack Conyers,Tommy Philips,Bill Plemmons&vocals,Duane Ragan,Bill Nicholson (Feature Player),Roger Crawford,Steve Walker,Larry Moore,Bill Cunningham,Gary Campbell,Ray Charping and Jack Burnside.
Staff Band included:
Bob Strickland,Mike Sterling,Don Anderson,Steve Walker,Jason Rushton,Bill Cunningham,Frank Sandy,Rodger Crawford,Danny Jones.
Vocals:
Terry Rodgers,Robert Rodgers,Sandra Martin,Becky Fennel,Christy Lowe,Dana Watkins,Teresa Moore,Tim Cadiere, Ernest Cawby,Jerri Jackson,Wendell Gurley, Walt Bartin MC
Special Thanks to Ernest Cawby for taking the pictures,recording and posting on the steel guitar forum,u-tube and facebook the show closed at 8:00 pm.
I would like to thank everyone that performed in this show and there wives for making this a "Great Steel Guitar Show". The friendship,fellowship and seeing all our friends again and sharing music we all love makes it worth it all.
Thanks again for your supporting this show.

Your friend
Jack Burnside
Last edited by Jack Burnside on 8 May 2011 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Jack,

Thanks for inviting me to be a part of it. It's always nice to hear all our friends play and visit but especially nice to make new friends and hear new players. In that vein I really enjoyed meeting and appreciated the playing of Steve Walker, Tommy Phillips, and Gary Campbell.

Looking forward to the next time!

Bill
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA