No Calif Steelers - Master Gig Calender

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Charles Fager

No Calif Steelers - Master Gig Calender

Post by Charles Fager »

I am a new steeler located in Marin County Calif (SF Bay Area). I would like to see other steel players gig - pros and beginners - to help me learn. I just don't know who you are out there except for the big names. I would like to offer to manage a master calendar and distribute it via secure email to anybody who is interested in what's happening in our area with steel gigs. Your only task would be to notify me if you have an upcoming public gig(s)and be willing to receive secure emails from me with updated gig calendars. Anybody interested?...Charlie <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Charles Fager on 08 June 2006 at 08:01 AM.]</p></FONT>
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Sounds like a good idea. Click here for my schedule. Most are steel but some are guitar.

Hope to meet you soon-Dave Z<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Dave Zirbel on 08 June 2006 at 08:16 AM.]</p></FONT>
johnopsg

Post by johnopsg »

Good morning. I play with local bands in the Stockton, Tracy, SJ Valley area. I'll send along a play schedule next note.
Thanks for the effort. Kind Regards,
John O'Neill
Mike Vallandigham

Post by Mike Vallandigham »

Thanks for directing me here Dave.

Well, I live in Concord, but I only have gigs at my house, and they don't pay anything, and I have to foot the bill for beer. But seriously, I'd like to gat in on this. I promise if I ever get a gig to notify you...
David Wren

Post by David Wren »

Here's a link to the calendar for the the band I play with, Amee Chapman and the Big Finish:
http://www.ameechapman.com/index2.html

On occassion I play with The Stardust Cowboys at the California Western Swing Society, in Sacramento. Here is a link to the WSS. They feature western swing music concerts on the first Sunday of each month, and a Thur-Sunday string of many, many great swing bands in October (this is a must if you want to see some great steel players!)
http://www.westernswingsociety.org/

Hope this helps.

------------------
Dave Wren
'96 Carter S12-E9/B6,7X7; Twin Session 500s; Hilton Pedal; Black Box
www.ameechapman.com

Eric Jaeger

Post by Eric Jaeger »

Tell Amee to update the schedule on her web page!

YALP (yet another lost picker) interested in attending any of your gigs. Glad to know there are a few steelers in Northern California...

-eric
David Wren

Post by David Wren »

I'll pass it along.... hope to see you at one of our gigs. I know we have Starry Plough (Berzerklely) coming up in July.

nice idea.

------------------
Dave Wren
'96 Carter S12-E9/B6,7X7; Twin Session 500s; Hilton Pedal; Black Box
www.ameechapman.com

Bob Wood

Post by Bob Wood »

Hey there Charles,

I play with the Tim Murphy band out of the Bay Area, California. The band is actually called the "Nor-Cal Necks". We don't play in California again until August 27th in Murphys, Ca., and you can find our itinerary at: http://www.bobbyroberts.com/timmurphy.php
I also play around the Bay Area with some non-traveling bands when we're not on the road, but most of the time, we don't know until a week or two before the gig. You can email me if you want and when I gig locally, I'll let you know. By the way, I play Pedal Steel Guitar 100% of the time.

Bob