Eddie Rivers laying it down with AATW!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mark van Allen

Eddie Rivers laying it down with AATW!

Post by Mark van Allen »

My band The Internationals enjoyed the opening slot last night with Asleep At The Wheel here in Atlanta. While attendance was embarrassingly dismal, the band was really hitting it, and Eddie was just great on his quad stringmaster. Don't miss 'em!
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

We had the pleasure of opening for them out west and they were impressive. Eddie is the real deal and a friendly feller too! He had the Fender quad SM as well.
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
T. C. Furlong

Post by T. C. Furlong »

I had the pleasure of opening up for The Wheel last August (leading a steel, guitar and bass trio). Eddie was really great and super- friendly to boot. I first met Eddie when he was playing with a Milwaukee-based band The Western Box Turtles.

Brother Ray told me that the Stringmaster Eddie was playing belonged to Gene Cronover and that he bought it from a family member.

If you get a chance to see The Wheel, it's s great band and a wonderful show. Forty years and nine Grammys later, Ray still attracts the best musicians.

TC
Kevin Macneil Brown

Post by Kevin Macneil Brown »

I concur! Just saw The Wheel here in Vermont, and it was inspiring all the way. Ended up in a front row seat straight across from Eddie Rivers and his steel, so I was in heaven.