GFI Expo---$$$ Need idea of what it is worth??

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Haas

GFI Expo---$$$ Need idea of what it is worth??

Post by Larry Haas »

I have a GFI EXPO, black S-10 that I am considering selling or trading for a very good lap steel. I have had it for a year and it plays and sounds excellent. Comes with the standard case they make.
I am changing over to the lap steel because it is a lot lighter and I feel I can play it better----less # of strings, no pedals, no levers. It is in excellent condition. I've only had it out of the house maybe a dozen times just to practice with the group of old timers I play with. I am lightening my load to carry around. It is taking up too much room in my small music room and I don't want it to just sit in the case and not be used.
No dings or scrapes. Just need a $$ amount to go with a possible trade on a 6 string lap.
After shining it up from finger smudges and a little dust, it would look just like a new one. The finish is a glossy black, no scrapes on the legs. Like I have stated, just a little wiping up and it would look showroom clean.
Any $$$ idea's would help. I know what their retail list price is but haven't seen many on the used market. I just want to be fair with any upcoming wheeling and dealing.
Thanks
Larry
James Maxwell

Post by James Maxwell »

Larry Haas

Post by Larry Haas »

Thanks James
That is about what I had in my head for a price to go by. Not sure yet about trading or selling. I know if I did I would regret doing it.
Thanks again
Larry
Gerry Dame

Trade

Post by Gerry Dame »

Larry,

I have just posted a new Remington D8 console steel that I would trade for your guitar. Let me know if you have an interest.

Gerry
Gerry Dame
Mullen SD10
NV112
Fender Pro Reverb
Peavey 212 Chorus