Kline D-10 Keyless Black 8 & 6 Still Available

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
steve takacs

Kline D-10 Keyless Black 8 & 6 Still Available

Post by steve takacs »

STILL AVAILABLE This Kline is near Fargo, North Dakota and the price is $2950 plus shipping and insurance. Good cosmetic and excellent mechanical condition. It is keyless, as you can see. I will be back in Beijing soon but a good friend, who is a musician himself will ship it. He has done so with a number of my instruments. I will pack it well prior to leaving the USA. Thanks, stevet
Last edited by steve takacs on 30 Jul 2011 4:53 am, edited 14 times in total.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Hi Steve! Bump!
JB
Jerry Kline

Only if...

Post by Jerry Kline »

Only if I hadn't just purchased a beautiful Mullen. I wouldn't even have to engrave my name on this one. Nice work Joe.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Awesome guitar!
Steven Black

Kline guitar

Post by Steven Black »

WOW nice Kline steel guitar you got Steve.
steve takacs

Did We Land On The Moon Or Not?

Post by steve takacs »

John, Jerry and Steven, thanks for the positives on this Kline.

Nick, here is something I found a while back about the Kline and guys who I'd consider to be pros:

http://steelguitarforum.com/Archives/Ar ... 07350.html

Also a good article on the plusses and minuses or the Keyless guitar:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... t=clueless

and:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... ight=kline

How many folks way back when "knew" the world was flat? More currently, there are people who still don't believe we landed on the moon. They believe what they want to believe in spite of the facts. If one does not like the looks of the Kline, that is his prerogative; no problem. Enough of us feel keyless steels have some benefits, including the two pros mentioned above and guys like Jeff Newman, Red Rhodes, Tom Brumley, Mike Johnson, Joe Wright, etc. Also include those of us mere mortals who are in the pro-keyless camp.

Finally to quote Michael Johnson:
Keyless guitars are way cool in many ways. This subject has been hashed to death around here and if you do a forum search for that subject you'll see what I mean - but in a nutshell it goes like this: There are a certain type of player that can't stand the look of a keyless and scrapes up all kinds of reasons to bash them. Then there are other "blasphemers" like myself who find them lighter, smaller, more focused in tone and easier to change strings and work on. Hard to change strings? If you are having trouble changing strings on a keyless you shouldn't be attempting to put your fingerpicks on. Add to that they stay in tune better and rarely and in the case of my Excel - never break strings. In the eyes of keyless proponents,they also have a beauty,simplicity,efficiency and symmetry that makes keyed guitars seem like an anachronism. A couple aesthetic exceptions would be certain Sho-Buds,ZBs,Bigsbys and the like which though beautiful to behold,are wonderful but impractical pieces of Americana mechanical folk art. Don't get me wrong - I love all steel guitars for what they are but in the world in which I live,tweek,schlepp,fly,drive and play as a working steel player however,a keyless U-12 is the most bang for the buck ever devised. I read a statement a long time ago and it said something to the effect that if you took the mechanical and musical requirements for what a pedal steel must do and gave that criteria to a mechanical engineer who had never seen a pedal steel and told him to build one,he would come up with a keyless design.

steve t[/b]
Last edited by steve takacs on 28 Mar 2011 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Wish I could afford it. My S12 Kline KEYLESS never lets me down. :)
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Howard Hughes
Location: Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA

KLINE D-10 BLACK FORMICA 8 & 6

Post by Howard Hughes »

^^^TTT^^^
Last edited by Howard Hughes on 31 May 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥
steve takacs

bumpo

Post by steve takacs »

Lonely at the bottom......
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Steve, that's a great looking guitar. I'm home recovering from Back surgery. So, a D10 keyed or keyless is out for me. But, if you still have that U12 in the sax case and you decide to sell it put me on the top of your list. I wish I could get Joe to make me a new one.
steve takacs

Will Keep You In Mind Bob

Post by steve takacs »

Hi, Bob, Yes, the D-10 Klines are a bit on the heavy side. I still have the U-12 with me here in China, in fact, I played it tonight at a gig. The sax case is home to this U-12. If I do sell the guitar, you have second dibs, as Paul Redmond may be interested in this. I would need to go back to my old emails. Paul did such stellar work making parts and getting it set up, I hate to think of letting it go, but I have three D-10 already, so I am covered.

I too, wish Joe would make more Klines.
stevet
steve takacs

Price drop

Post by steve takacs »

Price dropped to $2950 plus shipping. bumpo
Last edited by steve takacs on 24 May 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Is nothing selling now? This is a wonderful guitar!
steve takacs

Thanks, John

Post by steve takacs »

Thanks, John.
I'm hopeful; I think the number of instruments selling on The Forum is picking up a tad. I only wish the Chinese were into pedal steel guitar. They are buying up everything else from natural resources to consumer items, etc. :) Beijing looks like a daily car show exhibition with all the latest and expensive models from Europe, Japan, Korea & the USA primarily. That sort of thing happens when economic times are good and folks are optimistic. Take care, stevet
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Steve,
It's too bad more people haven't had the chance to play a Kline. You know I'm also a Shobud fanatic, but after playing my Bud for 12 years, I was astonished when I sat down behind the Kline I was considering buying! Instant sale! And the seller called me a week later, wanting to buy it back!
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Steve, you been looking at them beautiful Chinese ladies too long. Starting to warp your mind.

But seriously, I wish I could grab this. The one guitar in my past that I miss the most, is the Kline D10 I used to own.

Keyless or not, the Kline is one of the best guitars ever built.

If no one wants to buy this guitar, you can always send it to me to "store" (yeah, right) for you.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

"Keyless or not, the Kline is one of the best guitars ever built."

Without a doubt! It's too bad that more players haven't had the chance to sit down behind a Kline! Amazing guitars!
steve takacs

CHANG LIAN & JOHN BILLINGS APPROVE OF KLINE GUITARS

Post by steve takacs »

John, and Richard thanks, as always for your unabashed plugs for Kline guitars. But it is difficult to convince people who have not sat behind one to see that they have a special vibe.

Richard, my friend, Chang Lian insists that this is indeed a great deal and that you can afford it. In fact, she says you can not afford not to own it. Are you going to argue with her?
I'm trying to do everything humanly possible to sell this D-10 Kline! stevet
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

:cry: Bad time for me to be broke! You're killin' me! :cry:
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Richard, my friend, Chang Lian insists that this is indeed a great deal and that you can afford it. In fact, she says you can not afford not to own it. Are you going to argue with her?
Steve, my friend, only if she hand delivers it. :whoa:
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
steve takacs

Plane Ticket She'll Travel

Post by steve takacs »

Richard, I just checked with Chang Lian, and she's keyed up to make this transfer if you pay for the round trip plane ticket to Beijing..... business class would be just fine, of course. She's a very classy woman.

A complementary plant will also be thrown in to seal the deal. I'll chip in for her bus-ride from airport to your place and back.

Dave Zirbel, I know how much you want this D-10. Maybe that second kidney was created for a steel-related purpose. Just thinking aloud.

John, thanks again for the Kline superlatives.

stevet
Howard Hughes
Location: Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA

KLINE D-10 BLACK 8 & 6 $2950 & SHIP OR BEST OFFER

Post by Howard Hughes »

^^^TTT^^^

Beautiful Guitar & A Great Guy To Deal With :!: ,

Good Luck On Your Sale, Steve :!:

Thanks, ♫Howie♫ :whoa:
Last edited by Howard Hughes on 2 Jul 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥
Steven Black

Kline guitar

Post by Steven Black »

Hello Steve, I would love to buy that Kline from you but I am still waiting on my payout on my auto accident, should be happening soon,I just don't know how to avoid shipping charges from China, they will be expensive,but I do love Kline guitars.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Steven,
Steve is on his way back here as we email. I think the guitar is here in the States. You'll be getting a great guitar, if you can pull it off! I love my Kline!
steve takacs

KLINE D-10 HAS BEEN & IS IN USA

Post by steve takacs »

Thanks, John, You are correct, I landed back in the USA last night and the guitar has been in the Ohio, USA in for anyone interested, such as you, Mr. Steven Black! Thanks, stevet