MSA Classic D-10 (8+4) SOLD to Allen Winkelman

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Richard Holloway

MSA Classic D-10 (8+4) SOLD to Allen Winkelman

Post by Richard Holloway »

MSA Classic D-10 (8+4, Lacquer Finish). $1200 plus shipping from Atlanta, Ga.

I bought this very nice MSA from Chuck Martin here about three years ago (through this forum). It has a couple of cracks which do not effect the playability and which have also remained stable for the last seven years (Chuck had it for 4 years, I've had it for 3 and they haven't changed at all.)

I will post photos including the problem area on the guitar. It is hard to see and photograph. If Chuck hadn't told me about it, I'd have probably thought it was a scratch or a finish crack only but I want to be up front about it. Also, one of the knurled collars on the legs doesn't match the other three. Very minor, but I want to disclose all I know.

I bought this to learn about playing PSG's and to explore with my kids. It looks great sitting in the living room but is just is not getting used. I think I'll let it find a home where it will still look nice but get played as well.

When I got it, I took it from the case and put it together and it has remained just like I got it for the last three years. Will ship in (functional but not beautiful) case.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Richard Holloway on 31 Mar 2011 12:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Gary Meyer

Great price

Post by Gary Meyer »

This is a really great price for a super durable steel!
It should go fast.
Richard Holloway

I've had a lot of interest and one "I'll take it" as of this morning (pending my getting a moment to send current photos). Other inquiries are welcome but I'll give the first deal request first refusal of course.

Thanks everyone!
Gary Meyer

I told ya

Post by Gary Meyer »

That this would move fast.......
Richard Holloway

Let me see if I can bump this TTT as is is still available after all. First buyer wanted to look at another PSG before he decided.

I do have a couple more interested buyers asking already but no official "takers" at the moment.

I will mention that while I have been told this is not uncommon, I can't really hear any difference with the tone controls at all (though I'm using a rather small amp and cabinet so if the change is in the bottom-end, it would be harder to hear. If they do anything, it is subtle. Jack and pickup selector switch work as new (no noise etc.)
L. M. English

Re: MSA

Post by L. M. English »

Please check your email, I will buy it. Thanks, L.M.
Richard Holloway

I came home to three more deal requests which I'll take in the order they came. If anyone else asks, I'll put you in line too, but I suspect it is indeed gone between these three people.

Thanks to everyone for their interest! I wish I had several to offer to all who asked.

(I'll probably kick myself for getting rid of this one day...)
Richard Holloway

Just so there is no confusion. I have agreed to a transaction with Allen Winkelman for this PSG.

Thanks again to all who were interested but it does indeed look like this deal will go through.
Allen Winkelman

It came today!

Post by Allen Winkelman »

Fedex delivered the d10 today. i tuned it up with the three year old strings that were on it and to my ear it sounds great. didn't even have to adjust any pedals yet but im only using a and b so far. I want to thank Richard for packing the steel very well and for a smooth transaction. i also want to thank mr. Mike Perlowin for his knowledge of MSA's that helped so much in my decision making process. ok im gonna terrorize the cat for a few hours now :P
Richard Holloway

It was a pleasure dealing with you!

As for taking the 117 pound package to FedEx? Not so much, LOL.

Thanks for a smooth transaction Allen!