Quad Cities Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Mark Krutke

Post by Mark Krutke »

Thanks for the compliments, guys (and Lana). It was a good time.
Mark Kelchen

Post by Mark Kelchen »

Thanks to Bruce, Tom and all who make this event happen. A lot of work goes into these functions and it is appreciated by one and all.
Thanks to Dennis for inviting me to play on his set this year. It all paid off until that dreaded 4th string incident. When that 4th string went like that, I thought I had eaten too much of the chocolate marshmellow cake. Special thanks to Jeanne, Dusty and Dale for helping us out on our set. With these girls and Dale, you are able to concentrate on steel more because you just know everything behind you is taken care of. Dale is a musicians musician. Rarely grabs a 6 string but when he does you really stand up and take note. Such a fine player!
Mike's playing as always was superb! And all on that Beautiful ZumSteel. For those unaware, that was the first figured front Zum that Bruce made. Mike really knows how to make her talk too! Interesting story about that guitar too. Says a lot for Mr. Zumstegs relentless strive for perfection on his guitars!
After forgetting the Duct tape this year, the girls at the Col produced a half a roll making the drive home a little easier. Awful adhesive though, missing nearly half of the right eye brow now.
Once again thanks to all who made this happen! Yet another successful show.
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

CARTER STARTER HUH???!!!!!!! Anyway thanks for the kind words Miss Lana. As I said before, you are doing a lot for the steel guitar community and we appreciate everything you do. I like to do some of the traditional stuff on steel but I also like the obscure stuff that nobody else has ever done on the steel. I have Dennis Detweiler to thank for that. The Western Justice Band is top notch with 150 years of combined musical experience. They are the best around as musicians and friends.

The show was awesome, with great talent in the Iowa Illinois Wisconsin areas. Too many players to mention for me right now, but I have my few that I really respect and appreciate for their friendship, help and talents. Again, too many to mention. Later

Kirk
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

I'd like to thank everyone for puttin' up with me again this year! It was such a pleasure for me, especially since I got to share a set with my long-time great friend, Scotty. It's already been said how great Mike Sweeney was-he played a song that I have been doing vocally for a few years instrumentally, and WOW! I think I'll just shut up from now on and let him do it!
It was good to see "Specs" there-it was a great show, and a great time!

------------------
Dino
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Dino,

We'll have to do that tune together sometime. I'm sure you sing the daylights out of it.
Once again I had a great time in Davenport. I hope to come back again.

Mike
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Mike- I would love to have the opportunity!
I enjoyed your sets emensely, - played your CD all the way through as soon as I got home. If I may be so bold as to be critical, it was SUPERB!!!

------------------
Dino
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Thanks so much for inviting me to paticipate in the Jam. I had a good time and really enjoyed it, even though it was past my bed time. I sure missed my "beauty rest" LOL Albert Svenddal

------------------
Ronald Moore

Post by Ronald Moore »

Lana, You had better get a great big purse if you want to steel a steel guitar. I am glad that you like that guitar. I have three others as well. The whole story behind this guitar starts back at Scotty's convention in 2003. The late Hal Rugg came to the convention that year with a brand new Zumsteel in Lacquer with a Dark Red Sunburst finish. When he put it on the stage, the lights hit it and it looked like the Sun was coming up over the stage! About a week later I asked Bruce Zumsteg if he would build me one in that same finish and he agreed. The rest is history. I also have another Zumsteel. It is Royal Blue formica with a grey lightning bolt on the front. I also have a EMCI guitar in two tone blue that still plays great. Somewhere around here is a MSA in bright red lacquer. All four of them have the same setup. If anyone is interested in what Lana is talking about, there is a picture of these two guitars in the gallery on the Zumsteel website. Ron
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Hey Ronnie - thanks for blowing my idea - HA! Seriously though, that is a beautiful guitar you got and you do a fine job making it talk. I've seen the pictures on the Zum website - some real beauties out there.

Dennis - what a wonderful way to disguise the exlax. I'll have to get your receipe and make one for a few 'select individuals'. :rolleyes

Hope to see you all again soon!

Miss Lana