Quad Cities Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Dean Dobbins

Quad Cities Show

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Hey "John's brother Bruce"---
Why haven't we seen a post for the Qaud-Cities show lately???
It's coming up very shortly, (April 29, in Davenport, Iowa), w/ Mike Sweeny, as the headliner, and the fantastic house band that works the Waterloo, and Wisconsin (Absolutely GREAT shows), we need to start plugging this show BIG TIME--it's gettin' too close to show-time!!!

------------------
Dino
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

I agree Mr. D. Ya'll come on out for this show. I know a few pickers that will be there but not all. So, headlining the show is Mike Sweeney, Dean Dobbins and Kirk Dighton are gonna be there. Now who else? Just pipe on in here and let us know.

I'll see you there!!

Specs
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Lefty Schrage, Curtis Kloft, Mark Kelchen, Dennis Detweiller, Dale Thomas...............There's more. Looking forward to seeing everyone again..............oh yes, let's not forget Banana Boy Mark Wayne, and Albert Svenddal.........
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

See, I knew I could draw you out with some info! Thanks buddy!

Miss Lana
Bruce Czarnetzki

Post by Bruce Czarnetzki »

Check QCsteel.org Lot of info.
Getting close.

see ya there Bruce
Bruce Czarnetzki

Post by Bruce Czarnetzki »

oh Miss Lana are you going to make it to the show i hope
Bruce
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Bruce, it is my plan to be there. Do you need my help on anything? Just give me a holler, be my pleasure.

Is there a hotel near by or do we just pick one? Oh, and I'll need some directions. Email me at steelinbyrequest@charter.net. Thanks Bruce!

Miss Lana
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

I'll be there also if anybody is interested.
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

I care Craig!!! You're one of the best in the business, along with Dale Tiemmesen and many others....... Too many to remember. Bruce- Do you have the silos ordered? Image
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Hey "Specs" There is a Motel 6 ($33.00 a night I think), it's outside of town a few miles- Phone # (563) 391-8997. There is a Howard Johnson's in town at about ten bucks more, that phone# is (563) 326-1786. Sure hope you can make it! You're doin' O.K. now, aren't you?

------------------
Dino
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Thanks Mr. D! I'm doing much better now. Doc only gave me the 'I told you so' tone instead of the full lecture when I got back from Tulsa. So, I figure I can make it to QC and he won't yell at me. Thanks again for the info and I'll see you there!

Hey Craig, weren't you that one guy who played the one song at that one show that one time? Just kidding, you were great in Waterloo and I'm sorry I missed the Wisconsin Rapids show but I'll get to catch you again in QC.

Miss Lana
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Naw Lana I was that other guy that played that one song at that one show that one time. Check out Bruce's show folks. You'll love it. The players are great.
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

I'll be there along with a good lil' back-up drummer. This show is another great combination of some fine pickers.
There are some fine RV parks close by too.
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Spring is here and so is the Quad Cities Show featuring the talented Mike Sweeney and lots of regional pickers! Barb and I are looking forward to seeing y'all at the Col Ballroom April 29!! ...lefty
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Ditto Lefty! Can't wait to see you and Barb again, hear all those great musicians from up north (corn country), and Mr. Sweeney too! A real Saturday treat. See ya'll soon,

Miss Lana
Mark Kelchen

Post by Mark Kelchen »

This will be a good Steel Jam! I get the opportunity to work with Craig Davidson tonight at his folks 50th. Craig will also be at the Quad Cities Jam. This Jam attracts players from a several state area and is definately one you should plan on attending. I'm looking forward to tonight also. It's been a long time since we had the opportunity to work together with the Dave Dighton band!
Don't forget........Mike Sweeney from Nashville too at the QC Jam. Personally, I wouldn't miss the chance to see and hear Mike and ALL the others!
Mark Kelchen

Post by Mark Kelchen »

After we are through playing the QC Jam, I may need a piece of duct tape to make it home. Lost for 2 and a half hours in Bettendorf 2 years ago in a blinding rain. The music was still superb though!
rpetersen

Post by rpetersen »

Mark - it wasn't a blinding rain - it was a sprinkle - it just looked like it to you!!!
Maybe this time put the duct tape on the other eye and you will turn the right direction when you leave!!!!

------------------
Ron Petersen &
The Keep'n Tyme Band
Mullen Universal 12 - Session 400 - Vegas 400 - ETC.

Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

I can DD for you Mark. We had a blast at Garry and Betty Davidson's (Craig's parents) 50th. Just had a good jam all night. I think we need a jam every month 'cause steel players are the best in the business. Looking forward to QC and seeing Miss Lana again. BTW Miss Lana- the review for the Western Justice CD "This-n-That" was awesome. You are a huge asset to the steel guitar community. Keep up the great work! See you in QC.

Kirk
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Hey Deano, Don't forget Benton, Illinois this week.
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Lyle- it don't look like I'm going to br able to make it this year. I really hate that, 'cause my friend Russ Hicks and Ron Elliot and maybe Randy Beavers will be there- it will be a great show, I sure hate to miss it (besides, Bobby sold the motor home, and we got no place to party).

------------------
Dino
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Kirk, it'll be great to see you and Lefty and everyone again too. Not to mention hear you guys play. Thanks for the compliment but it's you all who makes what I do possible.

And I meant what I said - This-n-That is a must for ANY collection. I love that CD!

See you in a couple of weeks!

Miss Lana
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Time to start walkin'. Long ways from Oklahoma to Iowa, ya know!(we ain't over the dust bowl down here yet!) Save me some lunch, will ya? Image
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

gettin' real close...
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

One week away! See you all there!

Miss Lana